What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"The Bachelor" on ABC (2 Viewers)

Which is more likely to happen first with the TV show The Bachelor?

• Show gets canceled

Votes: 69 63.9%
  • producers cast a black man as The Bachelor

Votes: 39 36.1%

• Total voters
She is pretty hot, too bad she's saddled with a kid.

Would you guys actually date a woman with a child if you had the option? I can see developing feelings for one, but actively pursuing a woman with a kid without knowing anything is a huge red flag for me.

She is pretty hot, too bad she's saddled with a kid.

Would you guys actually date a woman with a child if you had the option? I can see developing feelings for one, but actively pursuing a woman with a kid without knowing anything is a huge red flag for me.
and crazy, dont forget crazy

How is this not being discussed?!?!

So much d-baggery gold in this first episode. That guy with the boom box, dance moves and bright green dress shirt was bringin' the :style:

Last edited by a moderator:
Some funny props. The egg was ridiculous. The guy that took out the note that read "you are beautiful" was pretty funny. The helicopter was high on the "i'm a pompous rich guy" scale but she dug it, for now. No one negged her, which was bit of a surprise.

How is this not being discussed?!?!So much d-baggery gold in this first episode. That guy with the boom box, dance moves and bright green dress shirt was bringin' the :style:
I cannot discuss as I haven't seen the episode yet. Hafta catch up tomorrow night.

My high school buddy breaks this show down every week at realitysteve.com but be warned there are spoilers there. For Jim Rome listeners this is the same Stevie Carbone that has one a smack off before.

How many times did she mention the baby daddy and that little ricky really deserves a daddy?
We might as well get used to it, as long as we're willing to watch.From what I recall, the 'love of her life' romance is more revisionist history than not.

didn't realize this had started. I'll have to check it out if there isn't a Stanley Cup game on next Monday. Emily is hot and she should be sporting bikinis in every episode if the producers know whats good for them.

'Nigel Tufnel said:
Is the ##### factor unusually sky high or is this just something you don't remember until you dive back in?
I had the same thought when everyone was being introduced but by the end, the ##### level seemed to be normal (which is to say, extremely high).

My high school buddy breaks this show down every week at realitysteve.com but be warned there are spoilers there. For Jim Rome listeners this is the same Stevie Carbone that has one a smack off before.
High school buddy?You send me some Reality Steve HS pics, and I'll blog 'em up.

'Mr. Pickles said:
'CGRdrJoe said:
High school buddy?You send me some Reality Steve HS pics, and I'll blog 'em up.
wow i can't believe that's Carbone from teh Rome show... very interesting.i haven't listened to Rome in years, but i've definitely heard some of his calls from the past.. funny dude.

I'm just starting the episode, but can't believe that there's been no comment on "I might have had a head injury, but there's nothing wrong with my heart". :loco:

Pickles, you blogging? Otherwise I'm out already just after one scene of Emily and Ricky.

How did they find the only dorky guy in Brazil?

Also, she seemed to like the dorky, not-very-attractive guy from Chicago. How does that work.

Also, ALSO, she could hardly stand to hug the black guy (best-looking guy of the bunch so far).

I'm not convinced on the "son's letter" first-impression-rose guy. There's something hinky in his eyes.

OK, I guess I shouldn't live blog this.

OK, last one (just finished watching). Previews for the season seem to indicate that

Jef
does well. Big shock IMO.

Without the benefit of spoilers, I'd bet on race car driver and personal trainer to get to the finals. She gave both of them long looks after their initial intros.

I KNOW, RIGHT!

She said this at least 4 times in the first episode. Where did this horrendous, obnoxious phrase come from and how do we return it? It makes me cringe every time she utters it.

Emily might fart rainbows and sweat droplets of honey, but she has the personality of an Amish librarian and the intelligence of a tack hammer.

Her disdain for the black guy was dripping through the TV.

And did the show really put a 41 year old father of 6 in there? And did he really look into the camera and tell America that his quest for love was deader than Emily's personality? What a dildo. At least he has a vast support group to fall back on.

Why do I do this to myself.

Yea I was wondering why in the world they would cast a 41 yr old divorced father of 6. That's like the complete opposite of what an eligible bachelor is.

I'm really rooting for emerald green shirted, boom-box carrying dancer guy. He hates people, but loves to dance!

Watched ten minutes.

The dudes are all dorks. Seriously. Dorks.

She is the hottest bachelorette they have ever had. Smoking.

She is the hottest bachelorette they have ever had. Smoking.
She's hot, but I'm already tired of West Virginia Barbie. She's totally fake. I'm rooting against her - however it is you root against one of these contestants.Fortunately she seems to be selecting from a pool of complete tools, so it should work out for me.Some of the worst man dos I've ever seen in this show - physical trainer's monchichi and captain D.J.'s laminated tidal wave leading the pack.

Sorry guys. I didn't hear the show was starting and missed the first one due to the dvr having other stuff scheduled. I always drink and watch the show so I got a bit excited when I googled her and found out where she is from, my home state. We aren't all toothless hicks. Maybe she is fake but no doubt way hotter than the last one, Ashley.

This may be the season where the wheels come completely off. This should be an epic train wreck. Emily may be the hottest of them all but she is by far the dumbest and she is devoid of any emotion or character. She has no apparent talents or redeeming qualities and her reluctance to let go of the past will haunt her until the end. Seriously the Ricki Hendrick Childrens Ward? Enough already we get it, we really do. Add the cast of horrible dudes and this show may be the one where the producers have to blow it up and start completely over. Emily is an uneducated barbie trophy wife that is living off of her dead boyfriends dad. Nothing more nothing less.

Side note, what is the deal with Ryans hair? Is that a style or just a bad haircut. I loved the "You wait in the car while I give the kids cookies". The dude looked completely lost but still played his rehearsed lines. Looking at Emily you can tell the lights are on but nothing is going on up there.

This may be the season where the wheels come completely off. This should be an epic train wreck. Emily may be the hottest of them all but she is by far the dumbest and she is devoid of any emotion or character. She has no apparent talents or redeeming qualities and her reluctance to let go of the past will haunt her until the end. Seriously the Ricki Hendrick Childrens Ward? Enough already we get it, we really do. Add the cast of horrible dudes and this show may be the one where the producers have to blow it up and start completely over. Emily is an uneducated barbie trophy wife that is living off of her dead boyfriends dad. Nothing more nothing less.

Side note, what is the deal with Ryans hair? Is that a style or just a bad haircut. I loved the "You wait in the car while I give the kids cookies". The dude looked completely lost but still played his rehearsed lines. Looking at Emily you can tell the lights are on but nothing is going on up there.
:goodposting: also....

- every one of these guys has described her as "the best looking" or "hot" or "very attractive". not one of them has said the words "smart" or "funny" (or even fun to be around). this does not bode well for Emily.

- when did wearing wafer-thin, skin tight, low cut V-neck t-shirts become the height of fashion? (considering the dude who was wearing it, i get it.)

- dude waited in the car while she dropped off juice boxes and cookies to the soccer team? good grief.

- are we to believe Emily truly hangs out with any of the three women she met at the part? honestly?

- watching Emily dance (on her date and on the Muppet thingy) makes me think she knows one position, and only that position. i think the requirements for the sechs are: total darkness, hole in the sheet, no talking.

- i can't wait until she takes a guy to visit her second favorite place in the world: The Stanley Hotel, Estes Park, CO.

- her bathing suit was the bikini equivalent to Mom Jeans. (minus points for holding her nose while jumping in. additional minus points for ABC not showing her with wet hair or possibly sans-makeup.)

- i think this may be the first Bachelorette in history to propose to "the winner" and he says "no".

Users who are viewing this thread