What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Boys on Amazon Prime (4 Viewers)

Still amazed that Zack Morris from Saved By The Bell was able to reinvent his career with this Homelander role. Hats off to him.

YES!!!  I have thought to myself since the fist episode of season 1 that of course Zack Morris would turn into a psychopathic, CEO, super hero, serial killer. 

SpurrierisisGod said:
Didn't notice the bigger aspect but....

I also swear I heard he was supposed to be the "kill button" if homelander went rogue.  Kinda seems a little lesser than that now no?
He was the 'kill button' in the comics. Noir was a failed clone of Homelander in the books, but they obviously went a different direction in the show. Not sure why, I liked that twist in the books.

Oh yeah, the '3-way' scene with the Deep was one of the low-key funniest moments in the show. Shame it got lost because the rest of the episode was so great.

bigbottom said:
Is Noir the only Payback member left on Soldier Boy’s list? Also, has Noir always been loopy and we’re just seeing it for the first time, or did something happen recently that I’ve forgotten. 
I think he has a traumatic brain injury from the ###-whooping Soldier Boy put on him when they all attacked him in Nicaragua and shipped him to the Russians. The earlier flashbacks, he talked and acted normally. During the Chuck E. Cheese re-enactment (brilliant, btw) his head was bashed in pretty well, and a lot of damage done.

Great ending to the season. Only two things I can say. 

1- it is going to be a long year waiting for next season. 

2 - #### off Smurfette  :lmao:

I like this show but I am not a fan of all of the phoney gore.  Why did they even add it to the show?  It doesn't add anything, and it's not done as well as say Kill Bill.  It's too much and corny.

This is coming from a guy that has watched hours of bestgore when it was up.  I guess I have seen so much real gore that the fake stuff is cheesy. 

One thing I didn't understand was why did Soldier Boy still want to kill Homelander? Only thing I could think of was he's just a bad person.

I like this show but I am not a fan of all of the phoney gore.  Why did they even add it to the show?  It doesn't add anything, and it's not done as well as say Kill Bill.  It's too much and corny.

This is coming from a guy that has watched hours of bestgore when it was up.  I guess I have seen so much real gore that the fake stuff is cheesy. 

Seems consistent to what they have done all along to me

She flew 
She more like levitated.  And they had to crank the power all the way up in the studio for that to happen and for her to knock over Soldier Boy.  So, while extremely pleasing to the eye, I think her powers still leave a little to be desired.  

She more like levitated.  And they had to crank the power all the way up in the studio for that to happen and for her to knock over Soldier Boy.  So, while extremely pleasing to the eye, I think her powers still leave a little to be desired.  
Thats one of the things I’ve enjoyed about this show - the tiers of Supes.  It’s like watching really rich people in a room and then Bezos walks in.

I think they chose to go excessive with the gore because the “mainstream” movies/shows (except Deadpool) show almost no gore. Marvel and DC show too little gore (based on what realistically would happen), so The Boys goes excessive.

I think they chose to go excessive with the gore because the “mainstream” movies/shows (except Deadpool) show almost no gore. Marvel and DC show too little gore (based on what realistically would happen), so The Boys goes excessive.
It doesn't bother me, but I just don't feel like it adds much.  Again, I thought it was done well in Kill Bill, and it was a nod from Tarantino to the old style cartoons.  I think that's what they were going with, but an entire series is a little much.  I guess I have seen too many south American prison riot videos, so it all seems cheesy to me.  

My initial thought on this were just "meh fake gore", but after thinking about it,  I think the gore may turn off more viewers than not having it would attract.  Not trying to make an argument, just an observation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Punxsutawney Phil said:
It doesn't bother me, but I just don't feel like it adds much.  Again, I thought it was done well in Kill Bill, and it was a nod from Tarantino to the old style cartoons.  I think that's what they were going with, but an entire series is a little much.  I guess I have seen too many south American prison riot videos, so it all seems cheesy to me.  

My initial thought on this were just "meh fake gore", but after thinking about it,  I think the gore may turn off more viewers than not having it would attract.  Not trying to make an argument, just an observation.

No, people love the gore, it's fun and has been part of the show since day 1. You're on some weirdo stuff calling it "fake" gore and comparing it to Faces of Death crap.  

Covid finally got me so I just binged all three seasons while I'm isolating. Everything that's dumb and cheesy about this show is what makes it awesome. Enjoyed the hell out of it and really glad I never got around to it until now so I could just motor through them. 

the gore is super dumb and cheesy.  and that's what makes it great.  it fits perfectly with how moronic the show is supposed to be.  for god's sake, the deep is routinely boning octopi.  
I found that this season the show went all-in on the Homelander/Trump thing.  It was a little more subtle (but still obvious) in the first two seasons.  But in season 3 it was right in your face.  I wonder if it pissed off anyone that might not have realized it in the first 2 seasons?

Punxsutawney Phil said:

I agree, my wife was watching the show with me but she quit this season after the first episode  :no:

I would like it better with slightly less gore as well, but either way it is still one of the shows I am looking forward to the next season.

I found that this season the show went all-in on the Homelander/Trump thing.  It was a little more subtle (but still obvious) in the first two seasons.  But in season 3 it was right in your face.  I wonder if it pissed off anyone that might not have realized it in the first 2 seasons?
Yeah, Homelander had his Fifth Avenue moment. 

Finally caught up.  I watched (and loved S1), but for some reason spaced on S2, so had to binge fairly quickly and then catch up on S3 too.  So good.

Users who are viewing this thread