What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Enhanced Games announced. 21st Century Olympics without drug testing (1 Viewer)

massraider

Footballguy
Press release

The money quote:
“Unlike the Olympic Games, Enhanced believes that excellence deserves to be rewarded. Support from the world’s leading venture capitalists enables us to create the structures that pay athletes fairly.”

Obligatory link to the All Drug Olympics.

THe names backing this are Peter Thiel, a former CTO from Coinbase, and a guy from an investment fund who is focusing on longevity solutions--and crypto.

These guys wanna LIV Golf the Olympics. Would not surprise me if it works.

I've recently come around to the idea that professional athletes should take drugs. But not performance enhancers. Instead, performance reducers.

Hear me out...

The best part of a game is the end. The true measure of athletic ability is the fourth quarter, the ninth inning, the last few minutes of a game... that's where you really tell who the better player or better team is. It's when the guys are exhausted and it's the training, the physical conditioning, the mental ability to perform and overcome the pain, show who really deserves the win.

You put a champion team up against, say, a team that just missed the playoffs, and I'd bet it'd start close and could go either way, but, nine times out of ten by the end it'll be clearly apparent who the better squad is. And it's the ability to draw on something extra after the body wants to quit that does it.

So, I propose we dope all the players. Give everyone a massive amount of sedatives, keep them up 24 hours before the game, and make them go out and play.

It'll actually give the best measure of the better team. It'll cut down on flukes and random chance. It won't be "any given Sunday" anymore when your team gets bounced by some lucky worse team having some incredible break go their way. In most sports, the better team wins maybe 60% of the time. My proposal would probably bring that up to 90% or higher. We'd see who can really push through the barrier and get the job done.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see which events athletes who are openly doping (presumably) perform similar to their “clean” counterparts. And ones where performance is astronomically better.

Also would be fun to pit them directly against regular Olympians in a separate contest, and publicize the health metrics (HIPAA waived) of the ”enhanced” athletes.

I heard in the 100 meter dash "open category" you might have a robot, cheetah and human entered.

Last edited:
Well with all the side effects of the enchancement drugs, at least they wont have the problem of the olympic village being a giant brothel.

Who would be interested in watching this?

I mean most of these events people are ONLY interested in watching during the Olympics. It’s not like Track and Field or weightlifting type events get any ratings otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread