What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Hillary Clinton thread. 'Done' but not going away. (2 Viewers)

This is where we bash Hillary for being honest and forthright, after bashing her for being dishonest and politically calculating while she was a candidate, right fellas?

This is where we bash Hillary for being honest and forthright, after bashing her for being dishonest and politically calculating while she was a candidate, right fellas?
I think being honest and forthright about throwing out the results of an election is something bash-worthy, yes.

I'm not a burn it all down type either but I'm a lot closer than I used to be.  I've been jaded by Corporate America and Big Business.  Too much of our policies are driven by money - lobbyists run Washington - the rich just keep getting richer.  Bernie's entire message resonated with me and many people like me.  We see Hillary as being in bed with Wall St. and for us we see that as the thing that is driving the machine so we reject her and her ideals.  I still think greed is the either the number one problem in this country/world or is in the top 3 for sure - a lot of social ills that you wouldn't expect would be resolved if people could lead a comfortable life.
It's funny that Hillary is "pragmatic" but Bernie is "extreme."  There is no circumstance where being ok with endless war, corporate oligarchy, banks running the treasury, mass surveillance and centrist economic policy should somehow pass as a left platform.  The new 'bipartisan' standard for liberal/conservative politicians is such a joke.  

I don't consider myself progressive but I empathize with the base that got railroaded by the DNC last year.  The DNC just finished arguing in court that it reserves the right to pick candidates in back rooms essentially.  It's wild how big of a disconnect there is now between mainstream Dems and the progressive base.  

Had HRC conspired with foreign governments to subvert American democracy, I'd have cheered Trump's behavior on.  
One person acting a fool does not make it acceptable for another to do the same. 

Or to put it another way, two wrongs don't make a right. 

She said something stupid and should be criticized for it. 

One person acting a fool does not make it acceptable for another to do the same. 

Or to put it another way, two wrongs don't make a right. 

She said something stupid and should be criticized for it. 
Is it "acting a fool" if/when it turns out that the Trump campaign did collude with Russia to subvert democracy?

I think it's silly to equate Trump's baseless claims about HRC "stealing" the election to what appears to be actually conspiring with a hostile power to flip an election. 

Is it "acting a fool" if/when it turns out that the Trump campaign did collude with Russia to subvert democracy?
If that's what the investigation shows happened I hope everyone involved goes to prison. It would bring up an interesting legal question of do you would and could you hold a special election.

The reality is even if Trump gets booted early, Pence or some other Republican will take over. Hillary could have dodged the question with a simple response or just said no they wouldn't challenge the results. She deliberately pushed this out there. No real benefit in doing so. 

No bashing here....just pointing out yet another way she's become a distraction for the party.  The party can handle it.  The party doesn't even need to handle it.  It's in the hands of competent litigators.  If there's something there, they'll find it.

I couldn't help but notice the irony of her being on NPR's "Fresh Air" program....can't write it any better than that :lol:  

Gosh, this is awesome.  HRC keeping herself front and center on her "It ain't my fault - I'm going to throw everyone under the bus" tour only bodes well for the GOP.  People can't be reminded enough of the bullet we dodged by her historic and satisfying loss.

She's still talking about the popular vote as if her winning that has any relevancy whatsoever. She's as poor as loser as Trump is a winner.  These two old people are really helping kids everywhere learn how to play fairly.

She's still talking about the popular vote as if her winning that has any relevancy whatsoever. She's as poor as loser as Trump is a winner.  These two old people are really helping kids everywhere learn how to play fairly.
To be fair, she's only been in politics for 35-40 years.  Maybe she didn't know about the electoral college.

Last edited by a moderator:
A defiant Donald Trump used the high-profile setting of the final presidential debate here Wednesday night to amplify one of the most explosive charges of his candidacy: that if he loses the election, he might consider the outcome illegitimate because the process is rigged.

Questioned directly as to whether he would accept the outcome should Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton prevail on Nov. 8, Trump demurred. "I will keep you in suspense," the Republican nominee said. Clinton called Trump's answer "horrifying," saying he was "talking down our democracy."
Link

Are you willing to acknowledge that there's like a zillion times more evidence of the Trump/Russia collusion story than the Clinton/voter fraud story?
Yeah, definitely.  But until somebody shows me proof that the Russians jedi-mind-tricked Hillary into not campaigning in Wisconsin, I'm not interested in her opinions on the matter.

I'm not particularly interested in what Hillary has to say either but I just think there's a huge difference between delusional Trump talking about made-up crap that he and his supporters believe as a reason why a Hillary victory might be illegitimate as compared to the information we have now calling into question the legitimacy of Trump's win.

if Hillary wasn't such a horrible, unlikable, dishonest person we wouldn't have Trump as President is what I'm sure Joy meant to tweet.
No one was saying Hillary was a great choice to be President....but it was pretty clear she was the BETTER choice.

Hope you're enjoying the clown we currently have as President. 

if Hillary wasn't such a horrible, unlikable, dishonest person we wouldn't have Trump as President is what I'm sure Joy meant to tweet.
Joy said it in a politically correct way. Unpack it and it reads like this: 'Hillary could care less about the people of the USA unless they can help her increase her power and wealth.'

No one was saying Hillary was a great choice to be President....but it was pretty clear she was the BETTER choice.

Hope you're enjoying the clown we currently have as President. 
I know I am. I've said it from the get go, you gotta feel some pain and even hit rock bottom if you want to have hope that this broken political system gets fixed. It's been in a death spiral for a couple decades easy including yearly record low approval ratings for congress. That brought us Trump. All I gotta say is, in 3 years,' choose wisely this time'.

I am old enough to remember when Republicans thought that people who use a private email account for government business should go to jail:

Ari Melber‏ @AriMelber 22h22 hours ago

Kushner uses personal email for some WH business; He & Ivanka set up "private" email domain;

Several laws implicated

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/24/jared-kushner-private-email-white-house-243071
Put them in the same cell with Clinton?

I assume you have the same issue with Kushner as you did with Clinton which is nothing, right?

I am old enough to remember when Republicans thought that people who use a private email account for government business should go to jail:

Ari Melber‏ @AriMelber 22h22 hours ago

Kushner uses personal email for some WH business; He & Ivanka set up "private" email domain;

Several laws implicated

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/24/jared-kushner-private-email-white-house-243071
Is this your ### backwards way of finally coming around?  There has to be a reason you posted it in the current Hillary thread instead of the Trump thread where it's been discussed.  Do you finally get it now?

LOL please tell me you don't think that describes Donald Trump perfectly.
Yeah, I suppose but at least he made an effort to save some pending outsourced jobs. She didn't give a rat's ### about them. She was even too dumb to comment on it or votes. Plus, he's causing the chaos I voted for. She would have been busy calling the secret service a bunch of low life pions and telling them not to look at her as she walked down the hallway of the WH.

Travis Fortnum‏ @travisfortnum 16h16 hours ago

"I'm not going anywhere except right into the middle of the debate about our future."

- Hillary Clinton in Toronto

That's good for the Republicans
It won't be if Hillary's presence reminds all those who are experience buyer's remorse over voting for Trump of the mistake they made.

If the GOP want to run against Hillary in 2018 or 2020, that would be a gift to Democrats.

It won't be if Hillary's presence reminds all those who are experience buyer's remorse over voting for Trump of the mistake they made.

If the GOP want to run against Hillary in 2018 or 2020, that would be a gift to Democrats.
She lost to Donald Trump.  Let that sink in for a moment.  Then make a concerted effort to determine why she lost.  Then re-consider your stance.

Every day that Hillary is in the news is another day that confirms that I made the right decision when I voted for Johnson.
Just out of curiosity, why is Hillary being in the news worse to you than a bunch of other folks being in the news regularly?  

I'm not much of a Hillary fan, but I find her to be pretty good on a variety of issues, in ways that would be beneficial to the public discussion...much more beneficial than a lot of other folks who seem to be in the news daily, including one POTUS.

It was more than that. Your myopia will lead to repeating the same mistakes.

She was a terrible candidate. Which I have evidence of since she lost to Donald Trump.
Thanks to Jim Comey, the Russian interference in the election and Republican voter suppression of minorities in key states. A trifecta!

CNN wants credit for working with Hillary too.
Yes, that one debate question that no one could have anticipated being asked was really crucial.

And that was Donna Brazile acting on her own, not in coordination with CNN

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread