What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

THE JEEP THREAD > All Things Jeep (1 Viewer)

I am looking at possibly trading my 2016 Unlimited sport for a 2021 Unlimited Willy but it has the 4 cyl engine. Can anyone tell me if i would notice a drop groin from the 6 cly to the 4 cyl

thank you

The 2.0 L turbo has more torque than the old 6 cylinder i believe. Although my guess is you will not notice the additional torque that much.  The 0-60 time between the 4 and 6 cyl engines is negligible.

https://www.motortrend.com/features/jeep-wrangler-jl-engine-differences/

Last edited by a moderator:
Well...I haven't updated here, but I did (or at least am trying) to get a Jeep again.  I ordered a 2022 Gladiator Sport S Diesel in early October - literally the day they started taking 2022 orders.  I was pleasantly surprised that it arrived at the dealership the week before Christmas.  I excitedly made an appointment to pick it up a few days later.

Fast forward to the day of pick-up.  I get a call from the dealership that my Jeep was throwing a check-engine-light for a fuel system issue during the pre-pick-up inspection.  Further, it needed a part replaced as the one from the factory was defective.  As a final kick in the nuts, they told me the part was on 2 week back-order.

Well....yay.  Now I'm 3+ weeks since my Jeep was originally supposed to have been picked up.  I now know my "brand new" Jeep will have already been "under the knife" for a repair...and nobody has any clue when I'll actually be able to even get it because the part is back-ordered with no ETA.  Really, really awful customer experience.  

The dealership has pretty much said they've exhausted every option for sourcing the part.  They've called their regional manager, and other local dealers - no luck.  I've opened a ticket with Jeep Cares customer service....That's a laughable organization.  It's been 2 weeks.  In my initial ticket I provided my VIN, my dealer, and a background on what happened.  I've gotten 2 contacts back.  The first one was within 24 hours, asking for my VIN.  I re-provided.  The second was in response to my social media complaint that nobody had gotten back to me...in that one, another person indicated she "was not my case rep, but needed the dealer information."  I again re-provided that....So as of now, I still haven't talked to who the heck is my ACTUAL case officer, and they've only asked me 2 questions I already answered.

At this point, I'm really close to just telling them I'm done and looking at something else.  It's totally ridiculous.  If domestic manufacturers can't fill supply of basic parts, we're screwed if a world war ever breaks out.  We won WWII due to our industrial might - we'll probably lose WWIII because of our dependence on foreign manufacturing.

• Sad
Reactions: KGB
fatnick they will make it right by installing some sweet kc lights and one of those its a jeep thing covers over the spare tire and then not only will you have your jeep but it will be ready for anything any grocery run will ever throw at you from the worst pothole to the sort of darkest suburban street take that to the bank brohan 

fatnick they will make it right by installing some sweet kc lights and one of those its a jeep thing covers over the spare tire and then not only will you have your jeep but it will be ready for anything any grocery run will ever throw at you from the worst pothole to the sort of darkest suburban street take that to the bank brohan 
You gave me more reassurance than "Jeep Cares" customer service, Brochacho.

• Sad
Reactions: SWC
if you get a winch package you can eventually use it to try and unspool your buddies winch cable which has rusted from never being used even once in the last 10 years take that to the bank bromigo

if you get a winch package you can eventually use it to try and unspool your buddies winch cable which has rusted from never being used even once in the last 10 years take that to the bank bromigo
hahahahah

Been keeping busy with DIY mods this summer on a 2014 JKU Sport. New halo headlights/fog lights (wired for DRL of all halos), tail lights, Rear seat bucketing risers, rough country steel grab handles, mopar door sill covers. 

Last edited by a moderator:
2014 Jeep JKU Sport. Has anyone replaced a factory radio with touchscreen (that includes navigator)? I see a bunch of aftermarket options but I'm unclear on brands to look for/avoid. Also curious whether this is something that can be done by professionals. I asked my dealer during a recent oil change and they said they will only install factory parts.

2014 Jeep JKU Sport. Has anyone replaced a factory radio with touchscreen (that includes navigator)? I see a bunch of aftermarket options but I'm unclear on brands to look for/avoid. Also curious whether this is something that can be done by professionals. I asked my dealer during a recent oil change and they said they will only install factory parts.
I have a 2015 Wrangler. I wanted to upgrade the sound but was afraid to touch the actual radio because my Jeep gets pretty dirty and wet and the doors are off. I had new speakers and an amp put in and it sounds way better - I kept the factory radio.
Not what you’re looking for, but maybe try that first before replacing the whole thing.

I have a 2015 Wrangler. I wanted to upgrade the sound but was afraid to touch the actual radio because my Jeep gets pretty dirty and wet and the doors are off. I had new speakers and an amp put in and it sounds way better - I kept the factory radio.
Not what you’re looking for, but maybe try that first before replacing the whole thing.
Appreciate your thoughts. For me it's more to get a navigator capability & better interior look than seeking sound quality. I'm currently using navigator on an iPhone when needed. It is the one huge contrast between my Jeep and most other newer cars (including newer Jeeps). But again, appreciate your thoughts!

Anyone ever replace hinges on a JKU? Bought a 2010 JKU last week and the one issue is difficult/squeaky doors (3 of 4). No door hinge has a bottom screw installed, and there are signs prior owner tried unsuccessfully to remove. I can only imagine what the pins look like.

The thought of jacking up doors and/or hammering away at the pin like I see in YouTube vids seem doomed, and I’d think could damage the door itself. I figured maybe it makes sense for a dealer job, but I’m sure that is a gouge not knowing state of the exposed pins.

Then I saw replacement hinges can be purchased online. 8 bolts per door and I get a fresh start. Any reason that’s not the obvious answer for the sort of full system failure I’ve got going? Anyone done this who can advise on DIY difficulty/challenges?

Anyone ever replace hinges on a JKU? Bought a 2010 JKU last week and the one issue is difficult/squeaky doors (3 of 4). No door hinge has a bottom screw installed, and there are signs prior owner tried unsuccessfully to remove. I can only imagine what the pins look like.

The thought of jacking up doors and/or hammering away at the pin like I see in YouTube vids seem doomed, and I’d think could damage the door itself. I figured maybe it makes sense for a dealer job, but I’m sure that is a gouge not knowing state of the exposed pins.

Then I saw replacement hinges can be purchased online. 8 bolts per door and I get a fresh start. Any reason that’s not the obvious answer for the sort of full system failure I’ve got going? Anyone done this who can advise on DIY difficulty/challenges?
Pull the doors, pop out the old metal liners and install Delrin liners in the sockets. No more squeaks and smooth operation.

Pull the doors, pop out the old metal liners and install Delrin liners in the sockets. No more squeaks and smooth operation.

The doors won’t pull. The assembly has been exposed for god knows how long without the screws installed.

ETA, Minnesota, salt highways

Last edited:
So, why do Jeep owners put little rubber ducks on their dashboard?

How did Jeep ducking start?​

The movement now known as Jeep Ducking began in 2020, during the early days of COVID, in Ontario, Canada. After an ugly spat in a gas station parking lot, a Jeep owner named Allison Parliament needed to rely on a friend for a much-needed pit stop to calm down before continuing on the road.

To thank her friend, Parliament bought a bag of rubber duckies and hid them around his house as a joke before heading farther north into Canada to reach her family’s home. Before those ducks were scattered around an unsuspecting friend’s home, however, Parliament put a single yellow duck on a stranger’s Jeep in the store’s parking lot, with a simple, sweet note saying “nice Jeep.”

The owner of that Jeep saw her and laughed then suggested that she post about it on social media. She did, and that was the birth of a movement that now has more than 73,000 fans (and growing) on Facebook.

The doors won’t pull. The assembly has been exposed for god knows how long without the screws installed.

ETA, Minnesota, salt highways
Soak the hinge pins in something like Kroil and then use the weight of the doors to work them back and forth until they loosen up. You should be able to get them out and then use the punch that comes with the kit to knock out the old liner. The old hinge pin liner being a dissimlar metal contributes to the problem.

what's the story behind rubber ducks on Jeep dashboards?

my kid is obsessed with rubber ducks and one of her friends, who drives a Jeep, asked if she also liked Jeep's because of the duck thing. then showed my kid her dashboard covered in rubber ducks.

kid told me about it and now i'm seeing rubber ducks on like 8/10 Jeep's on the road.

my kid is obsessed with rubber ducks and one of her friends, who drives a Jeep, asked if she also liked Jeep's because of the duck thing. then showed my kid her dashboard covered in rubber ducks.

kid told me about it and now i'm seeing rubber ducks on like 8/10 Jeep's on the road.
I was "gifted" a couple and I threw them at other Jeeps.

Read a couple posts up

Read a couple posts up
hfs :lmao: thanks for that. i should have known it was addressed already.

Least courteous drivers who aren’t from a 3rd world country.

Just Passed jeep going 45 in the left lane. (65 max)

That reminded me of the dude who drove past my house attempting to speed with the vehicular abomination called a jeep. Before it moved into sight I thought I might have been a loaded school bus or the spruce goose.

Users who are viewing this thread