What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Loch Ness monster is real! (1 Viewer)

Cliff Clavin

Footballguy
My link

One ACE textbook – Biology 1099, Accelerated Christian Education Inc – reads: "Are dinosaurs alive today? Scientists are becoming more convinced of their existence. Have you heard of the 'Loch Ness Monster' in Scotland? 'Nessie' for short has been recorded on sonar from a small submarine, described by eyewitnesses, and photographed by others. Nessie appears to be a plesiosaur."

Another claim taught is that a Japanese whaling boat once caught a dinosaur. It's unclear if the movie Godzilla was the inspiration for this lesson.
Take that evolution!

Last edited by a moderator:
It is? In that case, I'm still holding out hope for Lake Michigan. :thumbup:

That's pretty stupid -- obviously -- but whether dinosaurs ever went all the way extinct or not has nothing to do with evolution.

That's pretty stupid -- obviously -- but whether dinosaurs ever went all the way extinct or not has nothing to do with evolution.
Jonny Scaramanga, 27, who went through the ACE programme as a child, but now campaigns against Christian fundamentalism, said the Nessie claim was presented as "evidence that evolution couldn't have happened. The reason for that is they're saying if Noah's flood only happened 4000 years ago, which they believe literally happened, then possibly a sea monster survived.

Jonny Scaramanga, 27, who went through the ACE programme as a child, but now campaigns against Christian fundamentalism, said the Nessie claim was presented as "evidence that evolution couldn't have happened. The reason for that is they're saying if Noah's flood only happened 4000 years ago, which they believe literally happened, then possibly a sea monster survived.
My wife went to a baptist school that claimed all fossils were fake. They were either planted by God to "test us" or the researchers put them in the ground and then acted like they found them. Either way not to be believed. Gee I wonder why that high school wasn't accredited by the state?

That doesn't even make any sense in the context of Christian fundamentalism. I might think that the Loch Ness monster is a pleisosaur* and still believe that dinosaurs once evolved from lower life forms. Those beliefs in no way contradict each other.*Just for record, I don't believe this.

That doesn't even make any sense in the context of Christian fundamentalism. I might think that the Loch Ness monster is a pleisosaur* and still believe that dinosaurs once evolved from lower life forms. Those beliefs in no way contradict each other.*Just for record, I don't believe this.
I agree. But then again, I haven't seen many attempts used to debunk evolution make much sense so this kind of just fits in.

Users who are viewing this thread