What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Miami Dolphins (1 Viewer)

Idiot Boxer

Footballguy
The new hires by Nick SabanOC: Mike MularkeyDC: Dom CapersWith what Nick was able to accomplish this year in Miami, plus the addition of 2 quality coordinators, I think this team is a QB away from challenging NE for AFC East dominance.Definitely a team to keep your eye on.

The new hires by Nick Saban

OC: Mike Mularkey

DC: Dom Capers

With what Nick was able to accomplish this year in Miami, plus the addition of 2 quality coordinators, I think this team is a QB away from challenging NE for AFC East dominance.

Definitely a team to keep your eye on.
:thumbup:

The new hires by Nick Saban

OC: Mike Mularkey

DC: Dom Capers

With what Nick was able to accomplish this year in Miami, plus the addition of 2 quality coordinators, I think this team is a QB away from challenging NE for AFC East dominance.

Definitely a team to keep your eye on.
From your mouth to gods ears.Miami will challenge soon. Should be interesting to see what this team does in the offseason with a lot of cap space and some tradeable "chips." O line, Secondary help, and a young QB (freotte is good enough for now) is all this team really needs

I agree that Miami is on the rise. However, I did say in another thread if you are a QB away, you are MILES away.Final 8 teamsNE BradyDENVER PlummerPITT RothliesbergerINDY ManningSEATTLE HasselbackWASH BrunellCAROLINA DelhommeCHICAGO GrossmanMiami will not make the playoffs without an improved QB.

As I see it, N.E. was really 11-5 this year and Miami was 8-8. IMO, without the rash of injuries they had this year, N.E. is a 12 or 13 win team (at a minimum). I see the Phins as a 10 win team if a lot of things go their way. So even with Miami "improving," I still don't see them challenging the Pats in 06.

If they upgrade the QB and draft a rookie in the first round I can see potential. If they stay with Gus I really don't know what will happen. Unless they can pry someone like Carr away a team, they are going to need a good first round QB draft pick.

As I see it, N.E. was really 11-5 this year and Miami was 8-8.  IMO, without the rash of injuries they had this year, N.E. is a 12 or 13 win team (at a minimum).  I see the Phins as a 10 win team if a lot of things go their way.  So even with Miami "improving," I still don't see them challenging the Pats in 06.
While I think Saban has them in the right direction I don't see this team being too much better in 2006. The Wanny years really did a number on this team as far as young talent is concerned. There's not a lot of it there outside of the big names on offense. The defense is built around aging veterans, the O line is mediocre and the QB position has to be addressed. Miami improved last year due to very good coaching. Yet, I don't see them having enough young talent to get much better this next year while addressing all their needs. If Miami hits the draft well in 06 and 07 and starts to restock with some youngsters and gets their salary cap situation a little healthier I look for them to make their jump in 2007. Right now there's still a very big gap between them and the Patriots and if the Pats can get healthy again it maybe bigger than it was last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they upgrade the QB and draft a rookie in the first round I can see potential.
I'm sure they'll try to upgrade at QB.As far as drafting a rookie in the first round, I think that's 100% guaranteed. So, from your perspective, I guess they're half way there.

I still think NE is the class of the division.We still need another influx of new talent thru FA and the draft to close the gap.The coaching hires by Saban was a good start to the offseason for this team after a positive end to the season for once..This team is still has work to do,but beware Pats as we are closing in even it's just baby steps right now..........

I agree that Miami is on the rise. However, I did say in another thread if you are a QB away, you are MILES away.

Final 8 teams

NE Brady

DENVER Plummer

PITT Rothliesberger

INDY Manning

SEATTLE Hasselback

WASH Brunell

CAROLINA Delhomme

CHICAGO Grossman

Miami will not make the playoffs without an improved QB.
Is Frerotte that much worse than Grossman or Brunell?? If so not by much.Miami is close.

Miami is close.
Very true. I was talking to a Bronco fan/friend of mine today and he brought up the fact that the Dolphins are a team on the rise while it seemed to him that Denver just overacheived this year. He also thought Ferotte was a better QB than Plummer, but he hates Plummer especially after the AFCC.Miami is very close and should make a playoff push in '06.

One more thing that helped Miami this year and should serve them well in the futute is COACHING.I'm not ready to call Saban the second coming of his mentor in NE,but he has brought an aura to this team not seen since Shula's heydays in the seventies.Add in the excellent assistant hires he has couped and this team looks like it has taken a page from the Pats in a sense.That alone was probably worth 3 wins alone in 2005.Just goes to show you that talent alone isn't enough in the NFL anymore as most astute football fans on this board can attest too..............

Dont forget Hudson Hauck is still there right?I notcied SD's line wasn't nearly as good, and they fired Carl Mauck. True SD lineman missed quite a few games. And Fonuti flaked out after an all-pro type season the year before.

Dolphins and Redskins. I agree with Florio, in that these franchises are doing the right thing. No salary cap for coaches, so get and/or keep the best. When your coordinators are better than their top men, that's a good thing.

Dont forget Hudson Hauck is still there right?

I notcied SD's line wasn't nearly as good, and they fired Carl Mauck. True SD lineman missed quite a few games. And Fonuti flaked out after an all-pro type season the year before.
Yes,Houck is still our OL Coach :yes:

As I see it, N.E. was really 11-5 this year and Miami was 8-8.  IMO, without the rash of injuries they had this year, N.E. is a 12 or 13 win team (at a minimum).  I see the Phins as a 10 win team if a lot of things go their way.  So even with Miami "improving," I still don't see them challenging the Pats in 06.
I just love the line of argument that New England should be considered an 11-5 team and Miami an 8-8 team because BB chose not to take a game seriously. As I said before, I would like to hope that the lack of playing time in that game led to the mistakes that the team made in Denver.Here in reality, Miami finished 9-7 and was one Ronnie Brown fumble plus a TD against the Bills away from 10-6.

I'll note here that both New England and Miami played the AFC West and NFC South this season. They get the AFC South and NFC North in 2006. Miami does draw what has to be considered the harder teams for the remainder of their schedule with Kansas City plus Pittsburgh compared to New England's Denver plus Cincinnati, particularly when you consider that New England gets Denver at home.

In the end, the difference in those two games against different opponents may be enough to keep the Patriots on top. I wouldn't say that's automatic, though. I do see both teams winning 11+ games and making the playoffs because they have fairly easy schedules due to the sad state of the Jets and Bills and the soft games both teams will have in common.

I just love the line of argument that New England should be considered an 11-5 team and Miami an 8-8 team because BB chose not to take a game seriously. As I said before, I would like to hope that the lack of playing time in that game led to the mistakes that the team made in Denver.Here in reality, Miami finished 9-7 and was one Ronnie Brown fumble plus a TD against the Bills away from 10-6.

I'll note here that both New England and Miami played the AFC West and NFC South this season. They get the AFC South and NFC North in 2006. Miami does draw what has to be considered the harder teams for the remainder of their schedule with Kansas City plus Pittsburgh compared to New England's Denver plus Cincinnati, particularly when you consider that New England gets Denver at home.

In the end, the difference in those two games against different opponents may be enough to keep the Patriots on top. I wouldn't say that's automatic, though. I do see both teams winning 11+ games and making the playoffs because they have fairly easy schedules due to the sad state of the Jets and Bills and the soft games both teams will have in common.
The Patriots lost to Miami playing third stringers by 2 points in a game they INTENDED to lose. If you want to say that you think that the Dolphins are close to the Patriots talent and coaching wise, that's up to you, but IMO a healthy Patriots team is 3 games better than the Dolphins next year.

The Patriots lost to Miami playing third stringers by 2 points in a game they INTENDED to lose. If you want to say that you think that the Dolphins are close to the Patriots talent and coaching wise, that's up to you, but IMO a healthy Patriots team is 3 games better than the Dolphins next year.
Well, since we are playing the what if game... if the refs wouldn't have called a BS roughing the passer call with the int in the endzone, they lose by 8.

If they upgrade the QB and draft a rookie in the first round I can see potential. 
I'm sure they'll try to upgrade at QB.As far as drafting a rookie in the first round, I think that's 100% guaranteed. So, from your perspective, I guess they're half way there.
:lmao:

NE intending to lose? That is absurd, no team especially one trying to gain momentum going into the playoffs wants to lose. Yes, they rested some starters in the second half, but Miami was beating them nicely in the first half against the first team as well. Pats fans can rationalize their weaker performance this year by saying injuries played a role, but what team didn't face injuries? (see Pitt and Seattle)

The Pats are a team on the decline, they have a had a good run but age, injury, free agency, and changing coaches have taken their toll.

The Dolphins time in the sun is coming back. Though I hope for a better season with more wins next year and I hope for a young QB to make us forget about (Huard, Fiedler, Lucas, Greise, Feeley, Ferrotte, and Rosenfels). But the reality of it is if they do draft a young QB and allow him to play then the odds are we will see a decline in wins rather than a gain. This team is still in a rebuilding mode, and though the wins streak this year was refreshing after the Wanny years, realistically I do not see that happening again next year.

I hope I am wrong and Miami contends for the division and / or a wild card spot. I think if we have a rookie QB it is unlikely, however if they do trade for a veteran then it may be possible. But, rookies generally blow hard (i.e. Mannings) their first year, and rarely do they excel (i.e. Rothlesberger).

My :2cents:

NE intending to lose? That is absurd, no team especially one trying to gain momentum going into the playoffs wants to lose. Yes, they rested some starters in the second half, but Miami was beating them nicely in the first half against the first team as well. Pats fans can rationalize their weaker performance this year by saying injuries played a role, but what team didn't face injuries? (see Pitt and Seattle)

The Pats are a team on the decline, they have a had a good run but age, injury, free agency, and changing coaches have taken their toll.

The Dolphins time in the sun is coming back. Though I hope for a better season with more wins next year and I hope for a young QB to make us forget about (Huard, Fiedler, Lucas, Greise, Feeley, Ferrotte, and Rosenfels). But the reality of it is if they do draft a young QB and allow him to play then the odds are we will see a decline in wins rather than a gain. This team is still in a rebuilding mode, and though the wins streak this year was refreshing after the Wanny years, realistically I do not see that happening again next year.

I hope I am wrong and Miami contends for the division and / or a wild card spot. I think if we have a rookie QB it is unlikely, however if they do trade for a veteran then it may be possible. But, rookies generally blow hard (i.e. Mannings) their first year, and rarely do they excel (i.e. Rothlesberger).

My :2cents:
:goodposting: If the Dolphins don't have a chance at taking Cutler in the 1st I hope they take a chance on someone like Charlie Whitehurst later on in the draft.

I do disagree with you on one point. If they are lucky enough to draft Cutler or Whitehurst I say start them right away Game 1 of the 2006 season. Only one way to learn in the NFL and you might as well take your lumps, learn the ropes and be ready for the 2007 season.

I like both hires, but honestly is Mularkey any better than Linehan? Not sure I see the evidence of that, although certainly he's arguably the most qualified OC on the market [or was when Saban was interviewing candidates].

As others have pointed out, Saban got this team playing at a high level, a level more commensurate with their talents. But whether they can take the next step so much depend on solidifying the core positions on the team, and it's simply too early to say.

QB, will Frerotte be as productive in a Mularkey offense? Remember Frerotte is no world beater but he came in last year with an intimate understanding of Linehan's playbook.

RB, Ronnie Brown appears to be the real deal and the Fins have Ricky as RB2 OR as solid trade bait to help elsewhere

WR, Chambers finally ascended to elite status [i didn't think he had it in him], but they need a viable #2

OT, I keep hearing that Saban is high on Alabi but the proof will be in the pudding. To the Fins credit, the offensive line was projected as one of the worst in football this year and they played MUCH better than that [credit Hudson Houck]

OG, James is OK but certainly upgrading Hadnot will be a priority

C, Not sure whether McKinney is their guy long-term or not

The far bigger personnel questions though come on defense where the team is getting OLD in a hurry. Zach Thomas, Keith Traylor, Kevin Carter, Junior Seau are all nearing the end of their productive years. Are guys like Manny Wright and Matt Roth enough to step in? And the secondary could see a complete overhaul in 2006 with Schulters, Jones and Madison sent packings.

Lots of questions, but if I were a Dolphins fan, I would be happy that Nick Saban is the one running the ship.

I agree that Miami is on the rise. However, I did say in another thread if you are a QB away, you are MILES away.

Final 8 teams

NE Brady

DENVER Plummer

PITT Rothliesberger

INDY Manning

SEATTLE Hasselback

WASH Brunell

CAROLINA Delhomme

CHICAGO Grossman

Miami will not make the playoffs without an improved QB.
:goodposting:

I like both hires, but honestly is Mularkey any better than Linehan? Not sure I see the evidence of that, although certainly he's arguably the most qualified OC on the market [or was when Saban was interviewing candidates].

As others have pointed out, Saban got this team playing at a high level, a level more commensurate with their talents. But whether they can take the next step so much depend on solidifying the core positions on the team, and it's simply too early to say.

QB, will Frerotte be as productive in a Mularkey offense? Remember Frerotte is no world beater but he came in last year with an intimate understanding of Linehan's playbook.

RB, Ronnie Brown appears to be the real deal and the Fins have Ricky as RB2 OR as solid trade bait to help elsewhere

WR, Chambers finally ascended to elite status [i didn't think he had it in him], but they need a viable #2

OT, I keep hearing that Saban is high on Alabi but the proof will be in the pudding. To the Fins credit, the offensive line was projected as one of the worst in football this year and they played MUCH better than that [credit Hudson Houck]

The far bigger personnel questions though come on defense where the team is getting OLD in a hurry. Zach Thomas, Keith Traylor, Kevin Carter, Junior Seau are all nearing the end of their productive years. Are guys like Manny Wright and Matt Roth enough to step in? And the secondary could see a complete overhaul in 2006 with Schulters, Jones and Madison sent packings.

Lots of questions, but if I were a Dolphins fan, I would be happy that Nick Saban is the one running the ship.
I agree with most of what you say here, but I think that Marty Booker looked pretty good as the #2 receiver this year and I think he can continue to handle the job. I am not sure how old he is getting but he should still have a few good years left in him. Also, though largely over looked this year was the play of Wes Welker. He came through with a number of third down catches this year, he reminded me a bit of Wayne Chrebet. Partly because of his small quick whiteness, but also his ability to make the tough catch over the middle while getting creamed by the safety.Another point you missed was McMichael. Obviously, over the last few years he has been one of the best in the league. I wish Miami would use him a bit more, perhaps a new QB can learn to utilize him more next year. One thing that Ferrotte was horrible at this year was the short pass to the TE & RB. I don't know how many times he missed a wide open McMichael.

I think McKinney is a goner and i think Yeremiah Bell will step in at safety.

NE intending to lose? That is absurd, no team especially one trying to gain momentum going into the playoffs wants to lose.
You can choose to believe me or not believe me, but sources inside the team have come out saying that all along the plan was to face the Jaguars as their first round opponent--no so much because it was Jacksonville but because the team wanted to game plan far in advance AGAINST A SINGLE OPPONENT. The Pats targeted Jacksonville with 3 weeks to go in the season and set things up to have A MONTH to game plan. Since they had the ability to control their own destiny, that's what they did.If you recall, at that time the other potential opponents could have been PIT, SD, and KC, and they did not want to have to be in a panic mode not knowing who they would play until the final game on the last Sunday.In the final week, they sat their A team for much of the game and Belichick intentionally played THIRD STRINGERS in the second half "to get people that hadn't played much at all all season some live game experience if they needed them in the playoffs."If you saw the game, how else would you explain Cassell overthrowing a wide open receiver by 30 feet (into the stands) on the final play of the game (what would have been a game-tying 2-point conversion).As I said, that's what I heard on several stations here in New England. I suppose we all can choose to believe it or not.

I think McKinney is a goner and i think Yeremiah Bell will step in at safety.
McKinney is a goner and it sounds like Hadnot will be the Center going forward.They'll likely draft a safety. Huff in the 1st?

Die-hard 'phin-fan here. I believe that Saban will have the Dolphins in the playoffs next year, but they will not surpass the Patriots. NE will load up on depth in this year's draft, with an extra 3rd (Baltimore), 4th (Detroit) and 5th (Oakland) round pick (all on the front-end of the round). They can't be less healthy on Defense, and their offense continues to click. I believe the Dolphins best chance to improve is to get lucky and have Cutler drop to them in the first; pick up a LB in the second (i.e., Carpenter or Hodge) to add some youth to the D; and then get lucky picking up O-lineman through the rest of the draft (O-lineman are deep this year). Houck is a magician, but needs lineman that are more mobile than the beasts they currently have. Thus, the Dolphins may be starting a rookie qb early in the season, will still have a mostly aging "D" and will be playing with only a slightly upgraded O-line (best case scenario). = both Miami and New England will improve next year with the Dolphins playing second fiddle.

Die-hard 'phin-fan here. I believe that Saban will have the Dolphins in the playoffs next year, but they will not surpass the Patriots. NE will load up on depth in this year's draft, with an extra 3rd (Baltimore), 4th (Detroit) and 5th (Oakland) round pick (all on the front-end of the round). They can't be less healthy on Defense, and their offense continues to click.

I believe the Dolphins best chance to improve is to get lucky and have Cutler drop to them in the first; pick up a LB in the second (i.e., Carpenter or Hodge) to add some youth to the D; and then get lucky picking up O-lineman through the rest of the draft (O-lineman are deep this year). Houck is a magician, but needs lineman that are more mobile than the beasts they currently have. Thus, the Dolphins may be starting a rookie qb early in the season, will still have a mostly aging "D" and will be playing with only a slightly upgraded O-line (best case scenario).

= both Miami and New England will improve next year with the Dolphins playing second fiddle.
Man, the world is really drinking the Jay Cutler Kool-Aid...I'm not saying Cutler can't or won't be a good pro, but honestly, are we at the point where his being available in the mid 1st round can really be considered a LUCKY get by the Dolphins? :confused:

Die-hard 'phin-fan here.  I believe that Saban will have the Dolphins in the playoffs next year, but they will not surpass the Patriots.  NE will load up on depth in this year's draft, with an extra 3rd (Baltimore), 4th (Detroit) and 5th (Oakland) round pick (all on the front-end of the round).  They can't be less healthy on Defense, and their offense continues to click. 

I believe the Dolphins best chance to improve is to get lucky and have Cutler drop to them in the first; pick up a LB in the second (i.e., Carpenter or Hodge) to add some youth to the D; and then get lucky picking up O-lineman through the rest of the draft (O-lineman are deep this year).  Houck is a magician, but needs lineman that are more mobile than the beasts they currently have.  Thus, the Dolphins may be starting a rookie qb early in the season, will still have a mostly aging "D" and will be playing with only a slightly upgraded O-line (best case scenario).

= both Miami and New England will improve next year with the Dolphins playing second fiddle.
Man, the world is really drinking the Jay Cutler Kool-Aid...I'm not saying Cutler can't or won't be a good pro, but honestly, are we at the point where his being available in the mid 1st round can really be considered a LUCKY get by the Dolphins? :confused:
Unfortunately, the tom brady types are no longer available in the fifth round.

My reaction to several points:- Miami is not a team in need of an upgrade at receiver. In fact, they're not using what they have at this point. If they make a move, I think it will be to trade Booker to someone who will use him to his capacity while bringing in a "good enough" type of #2 WR who looks more like James McKnight or Derrius Thompson. - It is madness to start a QB from day one in this league. It works out on occasion, but I believe it has damaged too many QBs in the past. Therefore, I expect somebody to come in as a veteran free agent to play for a year or two and for Miami to take a QB in the draft. Gus very likely won't be retained in light of his $5 million cap figure and the lack of Linehan as a coach now. The final QB slot will come down to Sage versus Cleo. I'd love the free agent to be Kitna if the Bengals do let him go, and I like the idea of the drafted QB being Alabama's Croyle in the 3rd.- McKinney is a goner, and Hadnot will be the center. A new right guard will come from free agency or from James moving to right guard because somebody huge comes in to play left guard.- At S, Schulters may or may not stay. Bell will be in the picture there, and it is very likely Saban will draft somebody on the first day to play the position.

For the poster who thinks the Pats are getting old...what do these guys have in common:Tom BradyDeion BranchDavid Givens Andre DavisBen WatsonDaniel GrahamPatrick PassMatt LightDan KoppenLogan MankinsDan KazcurStephen Neal Tom AshworthRuss HochsteinBrandon GorinRichard SeymourTy WarrenWince WilforkJarvis GreenRosie ColvinMatt ChathamEllis HobbsRandall GayAsante SamuelEugene WilsonLonnie PaxtonMatt CassellNone are currently older than 28 (Ashworth, Neal, Davis and Givens maybe be lost to free agency to be fair) and are all solid contributors with the exception of Matt Cassell who is their backup QB. Also, Stone, Poteat, Childress, Klecko, Sanders, Gus Scott, Marquise Hill, Banta-Cain, Bethel and Heath Evans are younger than 28 although whether any of them is wearing a Pats uniform next year is open for debate. Add in another draft class and I just don't see where age is a concern for this team. They could use some youth at LB but outside of that this team has pleny of youngsters. This team is built for the long haul.

so who's the magic Qb?
With the Cutler hype bordering on the insane and the draft still 3 months away,I think there is absolutely no way he falls to 16.I would prefer we trade for a young QB who has some NFL experience already.Two guys who fit into this category who I think would be good fits are:

David Garrard and Billy Volek.........

Die-hard 'phin-fan here. I believe that Saban will have the Dolphins in the playoffs next year, but they will not surpass the Patriots. NE will load up on depth in this year's draft, with an extra 3rd (Baltimore), 4th (Detroit) and 5th (Oakland) round pick (all on the front-end of the round). They can't be less healthy on Defense, and their offense continues to click.

I believe the Dolphins best chance to improve is to get lucky and have Cutler drop to them in the first; pick up a LB in the second (i.e., Carpenter or Hodge) to add some youth to the D; and then get lucky picking up O-lineman through the rest of the draft (O-lineman are deep this year). Houck is a magician, but needs lineman that are more mobile than the beasts they currently have. Thus, the Dolphins may be starting a rookie qb early in the season, will still have a mostly aging "D" and will be playing with only a slightly upgraded O-line (best case scenario).

Kool-aid :no: I believe he's the real-deal, as do many others. Prior to Young deciding to come out he was the consensus #2 qb from most draft boards. He's got the rare combination of size, mobility and accuracy. He showed this while playing for Vandy! Consensus SEC Player of the year should be enough information to know he's got skills.

As I see it, N.E. was really 11-5 this year and Miami was 8-8. IMO, without the rash of injuries they had this year, N.E. is a 12 or 13 win team (at a minimum). I see the Phins as a 10 win team if a lot of things go their way. So even with Miami "improving," I still don't see them challenging the Pats in 06.
Why do I seem to be the only Patriot fan that thinks Miami is going to give them a run for the money in the AFC East. The trend the last few years is that the Patriots can not stay healthy. I think the Dolphins are a serious thread. I like what Saban has been doing down there, and is already improving for 2006.

so who's the magic Qb?
With the Cutler hype bordering on the insane and the draft still 3 months away,I think there is absolutely no way he falls to 16.I would prefer we trade for a young QB who has some NFL experience already.Two guys who fit into this category who I think would be good fits are:

David Garrard and Billy Volek.........
Check Volek's DOB. He isn't what I'd call young.

With the Cutler hype bordering on the insane and the draft still 3 months away,I think there is absolutely no way he falls to 16.I would prefer we trade for a young QB who has some NFL experience already.

Two guys who fit into this category who I think would be good fits are:

David Garrard Patrick Ramsey and Billy Volek.........
Edited with my opinion.But I would gladly take Ramsey, Volek, Garrard, Culpepper, Carr, or Shaub over a Linehan-less Frerotte any day.

I meant a rookie QB. If one isn't available they might go offensive line.

For the poster who thinks the Pats are getting old...what do these guys have in common:

Tim Brady

Deion Branch

David Givens

Andre Davis

Ben Watson

Daniel Graham

Patrick Pass

Matt Light

Dan Koppen

Logan Mankins

Dan Kazcur

Stephen Neal

Tom Ashworth

Russ Hochstein

Brandon Gorin

Richard Seymour

Ty Warren

Wince Wilfork

Jarvis Green

Rosie Colvin

Matt Chatham

Ellis Hobbs

Randall Gay

Asante Samuel

Eugene Wilson

Lonnie Paxton

Matt Cassell

None are currently older than 28 (Ashworth, Neal, Davis and Givens maybe be lost to free agency to be fair) and are all solid contributors with the exception of Matt Cassell who is their backup QB. Also, Stone, Poteat, Childress, Klecko, Sanders, Gus Scott, Marquise Hill, Banta-Cain, Bethel and Heath Evans are younger than 28 although whether any of them is wearing a Pats uniform next year is open for debate. Add in another draft class and I just don't see where age is a concern for this team. They could use some youth at LB but outside of that this team has pleny of youngsters. This team is built for the long haul.
Who the Heck is Tim Brady?

For the poster who thinks the Pats are getting old...what do these guys have in common:

Tim Brady

Deion Branch

David Givens

Andre Davis

Ben Watson

Daniel Graham

Patrick Pass

Matt Light

Dan Koppen

Logan Mankins

Dan Kazcur

Stephen Neal

Tom Ashworth

Russ Hochstein

Brandon Gorin

Richard Seymour

Ty Warren

Wince Wilfork

Jarvis Green

Rosie Colvin

Matt Chatham

Ellis Hobbs

Randall Gay

Asante Samuel

Eugene Wilson

Lonnie Paxton

Matt Cassell

None are currently older than 28 (Ashworth, Neal, Davis and Givens maybe be lost to free agency to be fair) and are all solid contributors with the exception of Matt Cassell who is their backup QB.  Also, Stone, Poteat, Childress, Klecko, Sanders, Gus Scott, Marquise Hill, Banta-Cain, Bethel and Heath Evans are younger than 28 although whether any of them is wearing a Pats uniform next year is open for debate.  Add in another draft class and I just don't see where age is a concern for this team.  They could use some youth at LB but outside of that this team has pleny of youngsters.  This team is built for the long haul.
Who the Heck is Tim Brady?
Some imposter who throws 100 yard interceptions...that explains what happened now.

Users who are viewing this thread