What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Panthers select... (1 Viewer)

FFFIEND

Footballguy
I just can't see how the Panthers would take anything other than a RB. Foster can't make it all year. My guess is Maroney. Here is what I have found for the Panthers' pick in the first round.

LenDale White - Footballguys

DeAngelo Williams - Fanball

DeAngelo Williams - FootballDocs

Donte Whitner - ESPN

Laurence Maroney - NFL.com

DeAngelo Williams - CNNSI

LenDale White - FOX Sports

DeAngelo Williams - Yahoo Sports

I guess I am pumped to get this thing going. It has been far too long without some football. Thank goodness for the NFL Network or I don't think I would have made it!!

What I really don't get is why so many seem to think D.Williams goes there. Does he seem like a good fit in that offense even if the D.Foster wasn't already there? That seems like a very unlikely scenario to me.

With the acquisition of Diggs and Adams I doubt they go LB. I see them going RB or Safety. I'm game with anyone Fiend mentioned with the exception of Maroney. Seems like Chris Brown-lite.

With the acquisition of Diggs and Adams I doubt they go LB. I see them going RB or Safety. I'm game with anyone Fiend mentioned with the exception of Maroney. Seems like Chris Brown-lite.
Maroney is going to be a draft day steal for someone.

They could easily take a linebacker to replace Witherspoon.
I thought so too... but I forgot Thomas Davis was probably going to try to move into his spot.I think it's almost a guarantee White falls to them, but dont count out the possibility of OL.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see them going RB in the 1st. They haven't given up on Shelton yet. My guess is either Whitner or Bullocks at Safety in the 1st. Would love to see Huff drop and the Panthers trade up and snag him.

I don't see them going RB in the 1st. They haven't given up on Shelton yet. My guess is either Whitner or Bullocks at Safety in the 1st. Would love to see Huff drop and the Panthers trade up and snag him.
Shelton is a stiff. If White is there and they don't take him, I'll be totally shocked.

Maroney is going to be a draft day steal for someone.
Maroney is only 5-11 while Chris Brown is 6-3. I don't think it is fair to compare the two. Brown is way to tall to have a long productive NFL career. Maroney is right in that money range of 5'8" to 6' for NFL running backs.

Shelton is a stiff. If White is there and they don't take him, I'll be totally shocked.
By the way, Shelton is also listed at 6'3". I don't think he will ever amount to much in the NFL. You have to pay attention to guy's heights when looking at RBs. You would think that these NFL GMs would have this figured out by now.

Users who are viewing this thread