What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Reality For Conservatives If Biden Wins (1 Viewer)

Truly amazing when you think about...this is why many clear-thinking dems are very worried...with so much stacked against him (and I include his own follies) he had a very strong showing, it appears the GOP will keep the Senate, they not only picked up seats in the house they added a dozen or so women and they did very well at the local level...I know I keep repeating it but with what I see as weak Presidents in both Biden and Harris and the coming battle within the democrat party (and the far left movement regardless of that battle) if the GOP can get their act together (a big if) they have a chance to become the dominant party for the foreseeable future.
I'm honestly hoping for Trump to be gone.....I can look at it with my own analysis and conclude that his overall approach is unpresidential.......I want a leader who unites.

Im no fan of Biden/Harris, but I think with the repubs controlling the Senate, we can just maybe focus on healing our country, and no big partisan moves get made.......I'm even a little optimistic that we can maybe just get back to being civil with each other......I dunno, I may be naive.....

I'm also optimistic that both parties can come up with better candidates in the future.......the codger thing ain't working.....we need fresh, energetic leadership.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm honestly hoping for Trump to be gone.....I can look at it with my own analysis and conclude that his overall approach is unpresidential.......I want a leader who unites.

Im no fan of Biden/Harris, but I think with the repubs controlling the Senate, we can just maybe focus on healing our country, and no big partisan moves get made.......I'm even a little optimistic that we can maybe just get back being civil with each other......I dunno, I may be naive.....

I'm also optimistic that both parties can come up with better candidates in the future.......the codger thing ain't working.....we need fresh, energetic leadership.
:hifive:

Let me add, while I'd prefer to see a Democratic majority in the Senate:

1)  I'd gladly give that up for what's happened in the Presidential election and

2)  That's almost exclusively to get power out of the hands of McConnell.

I'd almost prefer a Republican senate as a check and to encourage bipartisanship IF, AND ONLY IF, McConnell was removed and replaced with a majority leader that isn't as destructive and corrosive as he is.  I think the country is better off in that scenario. 

Im no fan of Biden/Harris, but I think with the repubs controlling the Senate, we can just maybe focus on healing our country, and no big partisan moves get made.......I'm even a little optimistic that we can maybe just get back being civil with each other......I dunno, I may be naive.....

I hear ya...if you can get someone who fights like Trump but doesn't go crazy I am all in...it is definitely time for some maturity...that being said I want absolutely nothing to do with fools like Kasich, Romney, Ryan or anyone from the Lincoln Project...the reason the left likes these guys is because they are patsies and are not real threats to actually win a Presidential election...they are the Washington Generals of politics...the bullpen is really deep for 2024 and I am really excited to watch it unfold...I can not remember the last time I was intrigued by so many candidates...and the diversity of these candidates is another huge plus.

Let me add, while I'd prefer to see a Democratic majority in the Senate:

1)  I'd gladly give that up for what's happened in the Presidential election and

2)  That's almost exclusively to get power out of the hands of McConnell.

I'd almost prefer a Republican senate as a check and to encourage bipartisanship IF, AND ONLY IF, McConnell was removed and replaced with a majority leader that isn't as destructive and corrosive as he is.  I think the country is better off in that scenario. 
Here's a trade...you launch Pelosi and we launch McConnell...fair?

Im no fan of Biden/Harris, but I think with the repubs controlling the Senate, we can just maybe focus on healing our country, and no big partisan moves get made.......I'm even a little optimistic that we can maybe just get back to being civil with each other......I dunno, I may be naive.....

Yeah.  

I wasn't happy about Trump or Hillary in 16 or Trump/Biden in 2020.  

I feel like our country is full of these rock star genius leader types--and we're not seeing them in these races.

A key item to keep in mind is how this works out.

Scenario-Biden is the president, lower house is Des but weakened, Senate is Republican by a small margin. 

So, we are in "gridlock" and the "moderate" president faces significant pressure  from the more-left partners like his VP, Bernie, etc. IF Biden can't get things done like cabinet seats for Bernie, Warren, etc, and he can't get some of the more left wish list things going, will he face enormous pressure from that group to sign executive orders to make small appeasements?  Because if he does, there is very strong evidence, as suggested by what happened to the lower house in this election, to suggest very strongly that the mid-term elections of 2022 will see the Republicans increase the majority in the senate and possibly retake the house. 

Point being, what we saw in the down-ballot elections should be considered very much because it is clear by all accounts that we are still about 1/3 conservative, 1/3 liberal, and 1/3 in the middle in this country and big shifts are responded to when 2/3 of the country feel that the other 1/3 is exacting too much reach.  
I stopped at Bernie and Warren. Neither will hold a cabinet position in a Biden administration as their replacements would be selected by Republican governors.

I stopped at Bernie and Warren. Neither will hold a cabinet position in a Biden administration as their replacements would be selected by Republican governors.
As a resident of the Commonwealth it would be fascinating to see who Baker would choose...I would go 60-40 he would choose a dem and say it's because a dem currently has that position (it would have been 99-1 a dem if Trump were in office but obviously that makes no sense)...Baker will go out of his way to be nice with the dems and has literally done nothing to grow the GOP in the state other then to reward his donors.

Why the hell would any sane/competent person WANT to be President? It's a role best fit for megalomaniacs and career politicians. That's why we have no quality options. 
I feel like we had some competent candidates in the democrat primaries; they couldn't get votes.  Yang, mayor Pete, and even Castro or Hinkenlooper, amongst others.

As a resident of the Commonwealth it would be fascinating to see who Baker would choose...I would go 60-40 he would choose a dem and say it's because a dem currently has that position (it would have been 99-1 a dem if Trump were in office but obviously that makes no sense)...Baker will go out of his way to be nice with the dems and has literally done nothing to grow the GOP in the state other then to reward his donors.
If he can appoint himself he will switch parties and go to DC 

If he can appoint himself he will switch parties and go to DC 
Absolutely...tough to express how much I dislike this guy and while I know this will be taken as internet BS the people I know who deal with him say it is very much how you should feel...that being said the scary part is he is the firewall from having a complete whack-job like Maura Healey as Governor.

You forgot Medicare.....a monument of inefficiency
Forgot it how? Despite all its warts, most people who use it are pretty satisfied with Medicare. Perhaps a little outdated, but I’ve seen nothing to suggest much has changed from 2015:

Americans' satisfaction with the way the healthcare system works for them varies by the type of insurance they have. Satisfaction is highest among those with veterans or military health insurance, Medicare and Medicaid, and is lower among those with employer-paid and self-paid insurance. Americans with no health insurance are least satisfied of all.

I think it's clear with how this election is going, that w/o covid, Trump absolutely crushes Biden......I'm no Trump fan for the most part, but I think he had solid strategy for a strong economy......at the end of the day that's what will matter most with American voters.
While I disagree with your premise, do you think a D will be elected 2024 if the economy bounces back under Biden? 

I predict opponents will say it’d do better under Trump, as we’d have surely seen without that pesky virus.

While I disagree with your premise, do you think a D will be elected 2024 if the economy bounces back under Biden? 

I predict opponents will say it’d do better under Trump, as we’d have surely seen without that pesky virus.
The economy will surely improve next year as the virus fades away.  Biden will be able to use that for re-election assuming that he is living.   

The economy will surely improve next year as the virus fades away.  Biden will be able to use that for re-election assuming that he is living.   
Agree the economy recovers as the virus is controlled. Too bad Trump thinks it can be controlled by ignoring it.

And Biden will be alive, but highly unlikely he runs for a second term.

Forgot it how? Despite all its warts, most people who use it are pretty satisfied with Medicare. Perhaps a little outdated, but I’ve seen nothing to suggest much has changed from 2015:
It's interesting......cuz in the industry, Medicare/Medicaid typically reimburses facilities/providers poorly, to the point where they cannot be seen, based on the loss......private industry can't operate on a deficit.

And Vet hospitals are not known to be great places.......inefficient, and cumbersome, at best....this is based on lots of anecdotal evidence, and first hand accounts.

It's interesting......cuz in the industry, Medicare/Medicaid typically reimburses facilities/providers poorly, to the point where they cannot be seen, based on the loss......private industry can't operate on a deficit.

And Vet hospitals are not known to be great places.......inefficient, and cumbersome, at best....this is based on lots of anecdotal evidence, and first hand accounts.
A lot of changes need to take place to cut costs, including removing the middlemen in our admin-heavy hospital and insurance industries, plus cut physician pay. There’s a ton of other stuff, but I’ll reserve it for another thread.

Still, my point remains that enrollees actually like gov’t provided healthcare.

I think it's clear with how this election is going, that w/o covid, Trump absolutely crushes Biden......I'm no Trump fan for the most part, but I think he had solid strategy for a strong economy......at the end of the day that's what will matter most with American voters.
Not even sure it is covid so much as karma.  

A lot of changes need to take place to cut costs, including removing the middlemen in our admin-heavy hospital and insurance industries, plus cut physician pay. There’s a ton of other stuff, but I’ll reserve it for another thread.

Still, my point remains that enrollees actually like gov’t provided healthcare.
That's why I said its interesting, because that result doesn't really add up to what one sees in the HC industry.....I'm not saying it's bogus, i'm just saying it's odd.

Why is it automatically assumed that if voter fraud is happening it’s exclusively on the Biden side?  Serious Trump supporters are as passionate in their love and support for Trump as I’ve seen in my lifetime, why is it unthinkable they wouldn’t cheat to keep him in office?   

None of this fraud narrative makes any sense. People from all sides of the aisle have been attempting to cheat since the beginning of time. Luckily our system has gotten very good over time at not allowing this, as commission after commission after commission has looked into and found.  Widespread voter fraud is a dead end, accept the results and move on (as the Trump supporters have been saying about 2016 since well 2016).  
Software used in a county in MI mistakenly counted Trump votes for Biden. Counters are wearing Biden gear in some places - you can't enter a polling location with anything promoting a candidate. Vote counting stops at 10:30 on election night & yet thousands are added to Biden's total overnight.  In 2016 there were voting booth issues/malfunctions that always favored Dems.  Now all those videos I'm seeing currently are likely manufactured by Russia, but I'm sure the media & Twitter would promote the heck out of videos with counters wearing MAGA hats.

There has been no significant voter fraud in the past, ever. Why do you think there is significant this time? We know  that there were millions that voted early nationwide. ( nearly 100 million) We also know that President Trump wanted people to vote in person on the 3rd so of the mail in votes, most are Democrats. I’d be more inclined to suspect something was out of the ordinary or mail in  votes were being disposed of if Biden wasn’t tallying thousands of votes over and above President Trump’s votes hourly
Haven't we been told for 4 years Trump only won because of Russian interference?

Haven't we been told for 4 years Trump only won because of Russian interference?
I have seen memes trying to lump foreign interference in our elections and potential voter fraud. Our intelligence agencies have told us that foreign interference Is occurring but at the same time they are telling us ( FBI Director Wray) that there is no evidence of widespread voter fraud. That is significant. In addition to suggest foreign adversaries are trying to interfere (and that is believable) is much different than suggesting a conspiracy within our borders.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread