What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Spotify Thread - cause it's not 2011 anymore (1 Viewer)

i'm so far behind on digital music that i've only got about 100 songs on an iPod mini and those were loaded many years ago

my understanding was that Spotify was access to a virtually unlimited library of music and/or radio stations.  i've done exactly 2 minutes of research in to this product.  is that not correct? you have to download music to your phone and then stream it on your car radio?
If you're that far behind on digital music, but love listening to music, you are going to love Spotify.  At least speaking from personal experience, it was like opening up a whole new world.  I started with the free option, which you can start with to see if it functionaly works for you.  But, it wasn't long before I started paying for it and it is awesome.

i'm so far behind on digital music that i've only got about 100 songs on an iPod mini and those were loaded many years ago

my understanding was that Spotify was access to a virtually unlimited library of music and/or radio stations.  i've done exactly 2 minutes of research in to this product.  is that not correct? you have to download music to your phone and then stream it on your car radio?
You are correct. You don’t have to download any songs- just a way to not have to use data if that’s a concern. 

Note:

The song “Smells Like Teen Spirit” by Nirvana does not have the words “smells”, “like”, “teen” or “spirit” anywhere in the lyrics. 

Been on Spotify for awhile. Any way we can have two people listen at the same time? We are on the family plan.

If there isn't an easy way to do this, does anyone here use Apple Music? Looking to maybe switch to that one instead. Thoughts? 

Been on Spotify for awhile. Any way we can have two people listen at the same time? We are on the family plan.

If there isn't an easy way to do this, does anyone here use Apple Music? Looking to maybe switch to that one instead. Thoughts? 
Don't you have more than 1 account for your family plan?

The Spotify Weekly is worth the price of subscription itself. I've discover tons of new artists over the last couple years just from listening to what they plug in each week. 

Setting this up with Sonos is the best quality jukebox I can imagine.

Not sure. I thought I did. It seems like it worked awhile ago and not working now. Of course it's possible my wife fooked something up on her phone.
So you with the family plan (I assume you are paying, right) you can link up to 5 accounts. Those accounts can then all listen to their own thing at the same time. They have their own playlists, profiles, etc. 

So you with the family plan (I assume you are paying, right) you can link up to 5 accounts. Those accounts can then all listen to their own thing at the same time. They have their own playlists, profiles, etc. 
Yeah, I am paying.

I will check that tonight. Thank you sir.  :thumbup:

Ilov80s said:
Got it working. She was logged in under my account. How that happened - who the hell knows - since I set her up with her own account in the first place.

Thanks again for your help.  :thumbup:

I’ve just gotta mention that Spotify premium is really one of the best investments I’ve made for my daughter (just turned 14).  Over the past year, she has explored so much different stuff.  Less than a year ago, she was almost exclusively listening to trap music and some top 40 type rap.  Now she is into indie music, 50s crooners, Motown,  70s rock, 80s pop, folk and more.  

She has also now gotten into vinyl and my dad let her go through his collection and take what she wanted.  She grabbed all the stones, beatles, big band hits, 50s hits,John Denver, Elton John, various iterations of Crosby stills Nash and young, hendrix, cream, Judy Collins, Carole king, Joan Baez, Joni Mitchell, allman brothers, James taylor, introduction to Phil Spector a wall of sound, temptations, the commodores, we montgomery and on and on (some of these were my recommendations).  

plus she is learning some interesting songs on guitar.  Really just opened up so much for her.  Such a great invention.

I’ve just gotta mention that Spotify premium is really one of the best investments I’ve made for my daughter (just turned 14).  Over the past year, she has explored so much different stuff.  Less than a year ago, she was almost exclusively listening to trap music and some top 40 type rap.  Now she is into indie music, 50s crooners, Motown,  70s rock, 80s pop, folk and more.  

She has also now gotten into vinyl and my dad let her go through his collection and take what she wanted.  She grabbed all the stones, beatles, big band hits, 50s hits,John Denver, Elton John, various iterations of Crosby stills Nash and young, hendrix, cream, Judy Collins, Carole king, Joan Baez, Joni Mitchell, allman brothers, James taylor, introduction to Phil Spector a wall of sound, temptations, the commodores, we montgomery and on and on (some of these were my recommendations).  

plus she is learning some interesting songs on guitar.  Really just opened up so much for her.  Such a great invention.
Nice.  I wish it was around when I was younger.  Spent so much of my allowance and paltry income on tapes/CDs which was limited in scope.  My only complaint is there is so much content out there its tough to really sit with an album and give it the time it deserves.   

I need help with a play list I can use as background noise when I am working from home:  I am looking for a non-smooth instrumental jazz playlist.  I think Bebop jazz is the style I like, but I am not sure - something I would find being played live if I accidentally walked into an urban jazz bar at 2am after drinking way too many Manhattans ones night. 

I need help with a play list I can use as background noise when I am working from home:  I am looking for a non-smooth instrumental jazz playlist.  I think Bebop jazz is the style I like, but I am not sure - something I would find being played live if I accidentally walked into an urban jazz bar at 2am after drinking way too many Manhattans ones night. 
Blue Note post-bop

Should work in a pinch

Try Spotify Premium Duo. Spotify launched this new subscription tier on last month. It contains two Spotify Premium accounts, which can use separately or together by two people living at the same address. I am using the free trial of Duo now, but I would like to try the alternative way to convert Spotify to MP3 by using an additional tool.

Users who are viewing this thread