What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Super Bow should be played today! (1 Viewer)

Although two weeks' preparation seems to increase the blow out factor. Give them only a single week to prepare and there's less risk of a massive blowout. Bills Giants being the classic example.

Although two weeks' preparation seems to increase the blow out factor. Give them only a single week to prepare and there's less risk of a massive blowout. Bills Giants being the classic example.
I don't know if that's true. I honestly can't remember, how long has it been two weeks? I believe it was only one week in 2001 because of the lost week from 9/11.

I don't know if that's true. I honestly can't remember, how long has it been two weeks? I believe it was only one week in 2001 because of the lost week from 9/11.
Nope.It was scheduled to be one week, which meant that the game had to be moved back a week. That cost the league because they had to come to an arrangement to swap weeks with the NADA convention that had New Orleans booked up the following week.

That is why you'll never see the one week gap again in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope.It was scheduled to be one week, which meant that the game had to be moved back a week. That cost the league because they had to come to an arrangement to swap weeks with the NADA convention that had New Orleans booked up the following week.

That is why you'll never see the one week gap again in my opinion.
Agreed - the one-week gap may very well now be looked upon by the NFL as an "emergency week". If for some reason the league has to cancel one full weekend of games ever again, they can just use one of the two weeks alloted for the super bowl to make up the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread