What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The tackle situation in Cincy (1 Viewer)

FFdork

Footballguy
Sorry if this has been covered extensively elsewhere, but I did search.

Anyway, reading recent news about Levi Jones and Willie Anderson really makes me wonder when they will actually return and how effective they will be when that happens. Reading between the lines, week 1 sounds pretty optimistic when neither sounds all that close to practicing.

I've been pretty high on Rudi, Ocho, TJ and Carson, but I'm starting to wonder if I'm overlooking a serious concern. I did try to watch the replacement tackles closely in the New Orleans game, and they looked OK, but it is just preseason.

A lot of fantasy teams are going to go down in flames if the Ravens kill Palmer week one.

Your thoughts?

Definitely a concern, but there has at least some better news come out the past day or 2. Several days ago, many were speculating Willie Anderson to be possibly put on the PUP list and maybe worse. At that same time, news on Levi Jones was scarce, leaving many very worried about his prospects seeing him held out of practices and all. Since then, the most recent news on these two are that Willie says he plans to be playing week 1 and that Levi is back practicing....Jeremi Johnson (FB) is also back practicing. Theres still plenty to worry about, but at least theres been some good news come out since the scare from earlier. While they certainly aren't Levi and Willie, the Bengals do have some good depth on the line in Whitworth (moving to LT from guard), Stacy Andrews, and 5th year OL Scott Kooistra.

I thought WItworth looked pretty good against Will Smith. I was watching him as a LSU grad in his class, and a Saints fan.

I didn't know that Levi was practicing--the thing I saw just a couple days ago made it sound like he was still just working out on the side. That's good news.

I still plan on watching those tackles closely in the week 3 preseason game when they should get the most work.

Users who are viewing this thread