What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thornton to Titans (1 Viewer)

To play the middle? The article hints that he will replace Kassel - that sounds odd

Linky
"Thornton, 27, will team with Keith Bulluck, one of the best if unheralded defenders in the league, to give the Titans a standout tandem of outside linebackers."Sounds like Thornton will play outside.

They say in the article that Kassell is likely to leave via free agency... who's going to be MLB for the Titans?

To play the middle? The article hints that he will replace Kassel - that sounds odd

Linky
"Thornton, 27, will team with Keith Bulluck, one of the best if unheralded defenders in the league, to give the Titans a standout tandem of outside linebackers."Sounds like Thornton will play outside.
Sounds like he may be taking over Peter Sirmon's SLB spot. Sirmon can't seem to stay healthy.

They say in the article that Kassell is likely to leave via free agency... who's going to be MLB for the Titans?
A pick like D-Qwell Jackson, Abdul Hodge, etc. makes sense.Thornton, rookie, Bulluck makes a nice trio.

A pick like D-Qwell Jackson, Abdul Hodge, etc. makes sense.Thornton, rookie, Bulluck makes a nice trio.
I haven't heard anything about Kassell... any chance he resigns?

As deep as this LB class, they should be able to address it at the draft. The MLB will only be a 2 downer anyhow.

So from SLB on Indy to SLB on Tenn? It seems like that would help his fantasy value. Correct?
I would not say that. If I had to guess, his value is about the same to slightly less. Bulluck is the stud in Tenn D. Thornton will play 2nd (or worse) fiddle. Upside is really capped.

So what about the Indy LB situation - will Gilbert Gardner 3rd year player get a crack at the starting position?

Slight hijack

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting.

I just recently turned down a modest trade offer from an owner loooking to poach Thornton. I was hoping he was going to sign somewhere where he'd be the starting WILL.

I sure hope he ends up as the MIKE. Moving from SLB to SLB really doesn't help his value a hole heck of a lot.

With that said, looking ourlads shows the Titans as a team that doesn't flip it's OLBs based on S/W lineups. It lists them as ROLB & LOLB. With Bullocks and Thorntono on the outside, one can easily envision such a scheme. Either Bullocks or Thornton can play head up on the TE or on the weak side. That makes for very tough game-planning by the opposition.

I think he will get some numbers since teams wont know which side the blitz will be coming from. Both Thorton and Bullocks both can blitz and cover pretty well so I think they both will have huge years if your league gives sacks and ints more emphasis. I could see Thorton moving into the middle because of his speed compared to Kassel who the team has said is way too slow for their scheme. I think Thortons numbers increase while Bullocks maybe drops just a little bit. Thorton could be top 20 lb is sack and int emphasis league while Bullocks stays in the top 5. Rookie or Gardner could be the 3rd LBer but will get pulled in 3rd down or long situations.

Linky

I think he will get some numbers since teams wont know which side the blitz will be coming from. Both Thorton and Bullocks both can blitz and cover pretty well so I think they both will have huge years if your league gives sacks and ints more emphasis. I could see Thorton moving into the middle because of his speed compared to Kassel who the team has said is way too slow for their scheme. I think Thortons numbers increase while Bullocks maybe drops just a little bit. Thorton could be top 20 lb is sack and int emphasis league while Bullocks stays in the top 5. Rookie or Gardner could be the 3rd LBer but will get pulled in 3rd down or long situations.

Linky
word is in TN that Sirmon will move over to the middle

Linky
word is in TN that Sirmon will move over to the middle
:yes:

If Sirmon does move to MLB, how does that affect his value as a 2 downer? Would 70+ solo tackles be reasonable or would it be more in the vein of 55-60 solos? Looking for depth in my league with pending FA coming up and am curious.

Users who are viewing this thread