What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thoughts on 3 White Males at the Top of Dem Presidential Polls (1 Viewer)

Useful tools are just that. Medger Evers endorsed David Duke at one point. You're adopting a statement that Owens herself abandoned, to her credit. At least accept that much.
Oh...so now, any black person who agrees with President Trump is nothing more than a "useful tool"?

What a HORRIBLE thing to say!

Cue it up!

Last edited by a moderator:
No other country had a problem with "Germany's rebuilding"....until he went global with it.
Yaknow, I'm just going to say ignorance is at the root of this. - I'm sure you're a fine person, even a good one, but this is just terrible and I hope you read some genuine history books.

No, of course not. But saying that Hitler's nationalism component would have been fine if contained within Germany is explicitly white nationalism or supremacism. Even from a black person, though, again, she recanted.
Gawd....understand....

Your belief that she implied that  "Hitler's nationalism component would have been fine if contained within Germany" is NOT what she was referring to.

She was referring to the word itself and its association with the evil of Hitler and how people on the Left associate the word "Nationalism" with Adolf Hitler....because Trump used it.

Yaknow, I'm just going to say ignorance is at the root of this. - I'm sure you're a fine person, even a good one, but this is just terrible and I hope you read some genuine history books.
Wow...while Hitler was doing what he was doing (prior to Sept 1, 1939), every major power was doing everything they could to appease him (see:  Neville Chamberlain) and allowed him to annex anything he wanted...without interference.

Gawd....understand....

Your belief that she implied that  "Hitler's nationalism component would have been fine if contained within Germany" is NOT what she was referring to.

She was referring to the word itself and its association with the evil of Hitler and how people on the Left associate the word "Nationalism" with Adolf Hitler....because Trump used it.
Her comments were meant to show that Hitler was not a nationalist, she said. Hitler did not put Germans first; he "was putting German Jews into concentration camps and murdering — he was a mass murderer," she said.

She dismissed critics who said her comments meant that Hitler could have been great if he had just focused on Germany: "No, I'm saying Hitler wasn't a nationalist."
- Candace Owens herself backed out of this.

You're defending a point that Owens herself has backed out of. 

Wow...while Hitler was doing what he was doing (prior to Sept 1, 1939), every major power was doing everything the could to appease him (see:  Neville Chamberlain) and allowed him to annex anything he wanted...without interference.
Nations trying to keep Hitler from invading his neighbors is not the same as approval or having no problem with his creed and inhuman program.

"backed out of"??

She clarified so that people with no comprehension might understand.

You really do not see a difference?
If you're saying that Owens was not defending Hitler as a nationalist and wish to move out of this horrible discussion with zero bottom I'm fine with it. 

Nations trying to keep Hitler from invading his neighbors is not the same as approval or having no problem with his creed and inhuman program.
I never read that Hitler released a poll asking whether or not anyone "approved" of his treatment of the Jews.

The fact that nobody did a damn thing, speaks volumes.

I never read that Hitler released a poll asking whether or not anyone "approved" of his treatment of the Jews.

The fact that nobody did a damn thing, speaks volumes.
Yeah it means they chose not to start the worldwide conflagration which happened anyway.

Hence the creation of the post war "globalist" world order which Trump so often rails against.

If you're saying that Owens was not defending Hitler as a nationalist and wish to move out of this horrible discussion with zero bottom I'm fine with it. 
She dismissed critics who said her comments meant that Hitler could have been great if he had just focused on Germany: "No, I'm saying Hitler wasn't a nationalist."

This doesn't sound like she "backed out" of anything....she took some time to clarify for those (like you) who read what they wanted into her statement.

You know...like taking extra time with a special needs student.

If you look at the top 3 I think it’s more name recognition at the National level than anything else right now.  Biden is vibing off the Obama years. Bernie is retaining a good chunk of his 2016 supporters, though not all. Beto is coming off a huge amount of national hype from his Senate race. Warren is the only other person who had much exposure outside the typical Senate stuff coming in, and a lot of that has been negative recently. 

I don’t remember specific poll numbers but Hillary was the presumed favorite in 2007 until Obama surprised in Iowa, and of course she was the presumed favorite again in 2015. 

Users who are viewing this thread