What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thoughts on Trade value for Lamb (1 Viewer)

kylechoffman

Footballguy
I am in a 10 team, 2 keeper league and I am trying to trade for Lamb for a playoff run. The Lamb owner has officially been knocked out of the playoffs after this weekend. We can trade future draft picks long with players so wondering what to package together for Lamb. Lamb would cost a 1st round pick in 2024. My roster with all keeper rounds in parentheses and players in bold I wont trade:

QB - Hurts (5), Stroud (15)
RB - Barkley (1), Mostert (13), Pierce (3), J Cook (4), K Mitchell (15)
WR - ASB (3), Kupp (1), McLaurin (15), Dotson (15)
TE - LaPorta (15)
K - Tucker (13)
D - Eagles, Pats

The other owner has a lot of keeper options for next year so not sure anyone on my roster not in bold would help him planning for next year (Lamar round 14, Jefferson round 1, T Dell, Warren, Dillon, Flowers all round 15). I am hesitant to trade Stroud given his last round value and the playoffs. Some trade offers I thought of:
  1. J Cook and my 2024 2nd for Lamb and his 2024 3rd
  2. J Cook and my 2024 2nd and 4th for Lamb and his 2024 3rd and 5th
  3. Cook and Stroud for Lamb
Thoughts on the above trade offers or any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
You are in a tough spot. If he is out of the playoffs then the only way he entertains a Lamb trade is if he is not going to keep him. As a 1st round keeper value that may be likely but I have no idea. You should know better since it's your league.

My approach would be to ask the guy who he is planning to keep because you have some interest in some of his players. I wouldn't tip my hand about wanting Lamb at this point. See what he says.

The other thing you have to figure out is who you are keeping because that may open up options. For example, you said you don't want to trade Stroud but I really don't think he would be one of your two keepers based on your roster so he becomes expendable and with his 15th round keeper cost he now becomes much more valuable as a trade piece to a guy out of the playoffs. I would have no issue moving him to get a piece to help you win this year.

Of the offers you listed, the only one I would think has a chance is the last one. Cook and Stroud for Lamb. But Cook is not a very valuable piece unless that guy is a Cook believer. At that value and based on his usage this year he may not be keepable so really what good does he do him? I would start with that after talking to the guy about his keeper thoughts.

You are in a tough spot. If he is out of the playoffs then the only way he entertains a Lamb trade is if he is not going to keep him. As a 1st round keeper value that may be likely but I have no idea. You should know better since it's your league.

My approach would be to ask the guy who he is planning to keep because you have some interest in some of his players. I wouldn't tip my hand about wanting Lamb at this point. See what he says.

The other thing you have to figure out is who you are keeping because that may open up options. For example, you said you don't want to trade Stroud but I really don't think he would be one of your two keepers based on your roster so he becomes expendable and with his 15th round keeper cost he now becomes much more valuable as a trade piece to a guy out of the playoffs. I would have no issue moving him to get a piece to help you win this year.

Of the offers you listed, the only one I would think has a chance is the last one. Cook and Stroud for Lamb. But Cook is not a very valuable piece unless that guy is a Cook believer. At that value and based on his usage this year he may not be keepable so really what good does he do him? I would start with that after talking to the guy about his keeper thoughts.
The other guy already has lamar as a 15th and better yet Flowers and Dell as 15ths. I'd offer the guy a 15th for his last round pick

Users who are viewing this thread