What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tiering your cheatsheets (1 Viewer)

Clan Battlerage

Footballguy
Hey all, I'm curious what strategies you folks use to tier your players on your cheatsheets?

Currently, I use the VBD spreadsheet and add an "average" column next to the points, which is calculated as (pts/16). I then group the players into tiers of the same point avg. So everyone with avg 17 are in a tier, 16 is a tier, etc. within the same position.

This has served me pretty well so far, but I'm thinking there's a better way. Anyone care to share their method(s)?

Hey all, I'm curious what strategies you folks use to tier your players on your cheatsheets?

Currently, I use the VBD spreadsheet and add an "average" column next to the points, which is calculated as (pts/16). I then group the players into tiers of the same point avg. So everyone with avg 17 are in a tier, 16 is a tier, etc. within the same position.

This has served me pretty well so far, but I'm thinking there's a better way. Anyone care to share their method(s)?
I vary the size of my "tiers." It makes it easier for me to spot when I would want to start looking at different positions. In a 12 team league, there aren't 12 RB1s I would want before I start looking at some of the WR1s on my list, and there are not 12 WR1s I would want before I look at RB2s. I tier them in general by when I would want to shift from one position to another.

The other thing I do is color-code players by whether I like them for their floor or their ceiling. In the past, I get into the draft and go out of my mind for massive-upside guys but who have a lousy floor. By color-coding them the last couple of years, I get a better visual so I can keep a balance, even if it means making a less sexy pick. The last thing I want is a position group with all-ceiling guys or all-floor guys.

Users who are viewing this thread