What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

tim's fantasy football league (1 Viewer)

Shifty has asked to join as well. So far, I have received 2 Paypal payments: from JVDesigns2002, and Binky the Doormat.

OK, right now we have 12 people in:

timschochet

BoltBacker

bucksoh

Binky the Doormat

bananafish

jon_mx

Bonzai

Wildbil83

JVDesigns2002

Frostilicus

Larry Allen's Jockstrap

bleachercreacher

We max out at 16. You each need to send $100 to my Paypal account, which is mwschochet@yahoo.com. Please put your FFA nickname and "Tim's Fantasy league" in your payment. Once I have received all payments I will set up a random order and we'll start the draft sometime next week.
I'm in so that's 13. Need 3 more. Icon is out

Last edited by a moderator:
Update- the following people have paid:

JVDesigns2002

Binky The Doormat

bucksoh

Shifty

The Ref/Eminence

We can't set up a draft until everyone has paid.

BTW, you really need to define the rules.  Our rules never end up being 'standard'.  Are passing TD's 4 or 6 points?  Do RB's only get 0.5 ppr?   What are the def/st scoring rules?  Do Kickers get extra points for long kicks?   All these rules impact values of players. 

BTW, you really need to define the rules.  Our rules never end up being 'standard'.  Are passing TD's 4 or 6 points?  Do RB's only get 0.5 ppr?   What are the def/st scoring rules?  Do Kickers get extra points for long kicks?   All these rules impact values of players. 
1. 4

2. 1 for PPR just like WR

3. I plan on using either Yahoo or ESPN, whatever folks prefer.  Standard defense and kicker rules. 

1. 4

2. 1 for PPR just like WR

3. I plan on using either Yahoo or ESPN, whatever folks prefer.  Standard defense and kicker rules. 
That is a start.  But pick a site and get the rules.  People get upset when their player scores a TD on special teams and it does not count.  All this minutia needs to be established before the draft.  It doesn't bother me, but I prefer we can laugh at people for not knowing the rules.  

I generally use MFL so I'm not overly familiar with either...... which mobile app(Yahoo or ESPN) is generally considered better?

How many players per team? I would think that being on the FBG website we are all pretty competent at fantasy football so we could likely go just a LITTLE deeper than the average league, no? Maybe 22 roster spots?

I don't see how were going to finish on time 
It seems very doable to me. I'm expecting at least a round a day(maybe more weekdays). Even if every single person timed out you are getting more than half a round(10 picks) every day.

If by some oddity we were in September and had a ways to finish couldn't we just change it to 30min per pick? Or does the software not allow for that?

How many players per team? I would think that being on the FBG website we are all pretty competent at fantasy football so we could likely go just a LITTLE deeper than the average league, no? Maybe 22 roster spots?
Most of us are old and lazy and don't pay that close of attention to the deep flyers.  This is more of a fun league and a modest roster size leaving some decent pickups will keep the league a bit more competitive.  

I assume with only 12 teams, are we looking at a 4 team playoff.  

It seems very doable to me. I'm expecting at least a round a day(maybe more weekdays). Even if every single person timed out you are getting more than half a round(10 picks) every day.

If by some oddity we were in September and had a ways to finish couldn't we just change it to 30min per pick? Or does the software not allow for that?
People are half joking.  It is kind of slow, but it will get done in under two weeks.  We are a bit forgiving as it is during work hours and people get tied up.  

Software?   It's a message board draft.  I think Tim still scores manually using USA today too

You're gonna lose, no matter the scoring system! 

Software? :lmao: Bro, we write the picks on stone tablets in this league. 

Most of us are old and lazy and don't pay that close of attention to the deep flyers.  This is more of a fun league and a modest roster size leaving some decent pickups will keep the league a bit more competitive.  

I assume with only 12 teams, are we looking at a 4 team playoff.  

Can we keep a running list of who's in so far and who's paid? I'll at least start deleting from the league page who isn't playing this year and add who's paid

Users who are viewing this thread