What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Titans vs Ravens (1 Viewer)

HEAP!!OK - there's my 33 point over tease bet, so now I can just enjoy the rest of this one. Go back to my last couple posts. Titans fans - what is the cost of prevent offense? If there is one thing to point to for why you lose this game, if you do, it is the play calling from the middle of the third through the play calling after the TO at the 30.

There couldn't have been two worse plays this week. Lewis v. Titans defense and Mason v. McAlister.
Who else do you play from the Ravens? TE was taken because I figure Seattle is a lock to lose and I didn't want to use a RB/WR on them, so Mili is there, and Dallas has nobody else wonderful at the skill positions, so Cundiff is the kicker. Ya gotta go with Jamal.As for Mason, it IS a tough matchup, but the same thing. McNabb and Brady are locks at QB because of their lack of star surrounding talent, and there way too many good RB's to take George. Mason's the most consistent of their WR's, McAlister be damned.

I like the field position battle, too, but, to be honest, what the HECK are the Titans calling? All those inefficient and ineffective runs by Eddie are pretty silly, to me - I'd call it a prevent offense.A TO form the 30, and not a single strike downfield for a first down? A TD would probably put the game away, the long FG keeps the Ravens one good drive from OT at home. Mark emy words - the Titans will pay for putting in a prevent offense too early, just the same as when you put in a prevent defense too early.
Could it be that they don't want the 'MVP' to lose the game for them?
MVP :rolleyes:

Well, I agree with Tweedledee & Tweedledum. Why throw that long ball on 2nd & 1 at this point in the game. Just grind BAL down the field.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who else do you play from the Ravens? TE was taken because I figure Seattle is a lock to lose and I didn't want to use a RB/WR on them, so Mili is there, and Dallas has nobody else wonderful at the skill positions, so Cundiff is the kicker. Ya gotta go with Jamal.As for Mason, it IS a tough matchup, but the same thing. McNabb and Brady are locks at QB because of their lack of star surrounding talent, and there way too many good RB's to take George. Mason's the most consistent of their WR's, McAlister be damned.
I didn't check out falguy's rules for the postseason. One player per team?

So that one catch wipes out Sharpe's entire season, huh? Figures.
Hold up - did I miss something? Sharpe is in the Pro Bowl, is he not?
No - Gonzo & Heap
Unbelievable - I missed that completely. If there was ever a snub greater than not giving a 2G rusher a legitimate shot at the MVP, it is failing to put Sharpe in the Pro Bowl in possibly his last year, a year where he set unattainable league records in the three most major pass receiving categories (TDs, Yards, and Receptions), in favor of a TE who had a VERY down pass catching year.Don't even start on the blocking TE stuff, b/c Portis had a pretty darned good year, too.

I didn't check out falguy's rules for the postseason. One player per team?
Yep. 2 QB, 4 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE, 1 K.

I don't understand why you and the announcers are saying this? On 2nd and short, why not take a shot?
The result says it all.......George and Brown have run reasonably well....just grind it . Use up some clock and then make your play.

I don't understand why you and the announcers are saying this? On 2nd and short, why not take a shot?
You can take a shot....but make sure it's a smart shot. Throw the ball where only your guy can make a play and I probably wouldn't be throwing it against McAllister.

The result says it all.......George and Brown have run reasonably well....just grind it . Use up some clock and then make your play.
I understand the result, but its 2nd and short. YOu can get the first down on 3rd down. Usually a deep pass into single coverage with the mvp throwing it isn't that risky.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. You want to take that shot in the 1st half, or early in the 3rd Q, I'm all for it. At this point in a playoff game, you keep moving the chains. End of story.

They're letting it run to the 2 minute warning....maybe not!And he is not the real mvp(Brady is imo)
Don't know if it's all the same voters or not, but it would've been tough to justify Brady MVP AND Belichick COY.If a Coach gets it for a 14-2 team, it's because the voters don't feel the players were that good on their own. If the Qb wins the MVP, the voters are saying the players WERE that good. Kind of a paint-yourself-into-a-corner situation if you vote for both.

Users who are viewing this thread