What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

To the Steelers fans... (1 Viewer)

As a Browns fan, you can never 'congratulate' the Steelers for a job well done.  This is poor taste, and a weak attempt at 'kissing up'.  I would venture to guess you aren't even a Browns fan if you are posting this crap.
One thing you have to give him, he's right about this. I mean, if you were the scrawniest, most ineffectual kid on the block, and the big bully up the street in black and gold kicked the living crap out of you without mercy day after day after day, would you really feel happy for him for beating the hell out of some kid from the other side of town?
I gotta go to this game as a neutral observer after seeing all of this. I think I'd have to see the game in Pittsburgh due to my natural disdain for anything Cleveland or ####-EYE.
Year, because Detroit is the next best thing to utopia.

As a Browns fan, you can never 'congratulate' the Steelers for a job well done.  This is poor taste, and a weak attempt at 'kissing up'.  I would venture to guess you aren't even a Browns fan if you are posting this crap.
One thing you have to give him, he's right about this. I mean, if you were the scrawniest, most ineffectual kid on the block, and the big bully up the street in black and gold kicked the living crap out of you without mercy day after day after day, would you really feel happy for him for beating the hell out of some kid from the other side of town?
I gotta go to this game as a neutral observer after seeing all of this. I think I'd have to see the game in Pittsburgh due to my natural disdain for anything Cleveland or ####-EYE.
You can go see the game in either city. In Pittsburgh, it will be 99.9% Steeler fans and you'll be safe as a kitten. In Cleveland, it will be 60% Steeler fans and you'll be safe as a kitten. In either place, the Steelers will win by between 14-41 points. Really, the only difference is whether you want a splash of diarrhea color in the stands to go along with the black and gold.
60% Steeler fans? Not quite. I'd say it was 10-20% this past December, and there are obvious reasons for it.I remembered seeing a LOT of Browns fans at Three Rivers in the late 80s.

Oh, by the way Evilgrin 72, thanks for showing your true colors.

At least some of you Steelers fans know when to show some self-control.

nice to see this thread stayed classy.

especially when you consider one of my earlier posts was deleted for no reason.   :loco:
Settle down, Mom. It's the standard Browns/Steelers hatred - everything said here is tongue-in-cheek and all in good, clean fun.
i'm all for bashing, just seems kinda stupid in a thread that was about showing some respect for once. :shrug:
I'm totally joking. Just busting Browns Rule!'s chops a bit for the comments he made.

Oh, by the way Evilgrin 72, thanks for showing your true colors.

At least some of you Steelers fans know when to show some self-control.
Holy cow. It's all jokes, man. Don't take everything so seriously.

Hey, they can lock it if they want. I thanked Kosar for his initial post, which was sincere. His kind words were much appreciated. Browns Rule! chimed in with some jabs, so I was volleying back at him, just for the sake of getting a few laughs.

If we've gotten to the point where people can't even chuckle a little bit at some good-natured ribbing, maybe they should shut the whole board down. And people bust my chops for being sensitive.....

The 60% thing in Cleveland really struck a nerve.

It was absolutely disgusting that there were thousands of Steelers fans at the last Cleveland game, more than I can remember (nowhere near 60%, though). But again, it's because of the current situations of both franchises.

I have no problem with ribbing at all. However, your "black and gold big bully" analogy should be more like the bully beating up another bully with 2 broken legs, one arm, and a head which has been replaced 6-7 times since it was reborn. ;)

The 60% thing in Cleveland really struck a nerve.

It was absolutely disgusting that there were thousands of Steelers fans at the last Cleveland game, more than I can remember (nowhere near 60%, though). But again, it's because of the current situations of both franchises.

I have no problem with ribbing at all. However, your "black and gold big bully" analogy should be more like the bully beating up another bully with 2 broken legs, one arm, and a head which has been replaced 6-7 times since it was reborn. ;)
It was hyperbole for the sake of humor, nothing more.Oh, and you say true, my friend. The Browns have a long way to go, but they'll be back. And if it's any consolation, the 36-33 playoff game in January '03 is still the best football game I've ever seen.

especially when you consider one of my earlier posts was deleted for no reason.   :loco:
Settle down, Mom. It's the standard Browns/Steelers hatred - everything said here is tongue-in-cheek and all in good, clean fun.
i'm all for bashing, just seems kinda stupid in a thread that was about showing some respect for once. :shrug:
I'm totally joking. Just busting Browns Rule!'s chops a bit for the comments he made.
i wasn't even referring to you, eg. i thought kosar took care of that guy himself.and don't call me 'mom' ever again, or we'll have to start talking about pennsylvania women and their grooming habits, and let's just say that things are going to get pretty ugly very quickly. ;)

i wasn't even referring to you, eg. i thought kosar took care of that guy himself.and don't call me 'mom' ever again, or we'll have to start talking about pennsylvania women and their grooming habits, and let's just say that things are going to get pretty ugly very quickly. ;)
:thumbup: Go for it. I was born in New Jersey and live in Florida - never lived in PA in my life.

If you want to make fun of Jersey females grooming habits, go for it. I won't argue a wit. :D I imported my gal from Utah - and I defy a soul to say an ill word about the women of that state. :eek:

I was born in New Jersey and live in Florida - never lived in PA in my life.
q: what's more pathetic than a born & bred pennsylvanian steelers fan?a: see aboveyou gotta be kidding me. the loudest steelers fan on the board and you're not even from pa? this is like when i found out that there's no santa claus.

I was born in New Jersey and live in Florida - never lived in PA in my life.
q: what's more pathetic than a born & bred pennsylvanian steelers fan?a: see above

you gotta be kidding me. the loudest steelers fan on the board and you're not even from pa?

this is like when i found out that there's no santa claus.
Most of my family is from central-western PA, I was born in NJ. Steeler family, plus I just fell in love with the team as a 6-year old and never looked back. There's no team in NJ, and what was I going to do, become a Giants fan? Jets? Eagles? Whoo - I shudder at the mere thought. :) Don't be too disheartened - my childhood home was mere minutes from the PA border, so it's not like you're too far off.

It was for the Super Bowl :pickle: Maybe when Michigan beats Ohio State next year you can send all the Maize and Blue faithful a congratulations as well. That'd be swell. :thumbup:

Maybe when Michigan beats Ohio State next year you can send all the Maize and Blue faithful a congratulations as well.  That'd be swell.  :thumbup:
maybe when tressel retires michigan will have a shot at winning a game in columbus. but i wouldn't bet on it happening before then if i were you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe when Michigan beats Ohio State next year you can send all the Maize and Blue faithful a congratulations as well.  That'd be swell.   :thumbup:
maybe when tressel retires michigan will have a shot at winning a game in columbus. but i wouldn't bet on it happening before then if i were you.
They are always a drunk driving and an armed robbery away from the Cooper days. I can be patient another six months.

Maybe when Michigan beats Ohio State next year you can send all the Maize and Blue faithful a congratulations as well.  That'd be swell.   :thumbup:
They are always a drunk driving and an armed robbery away from the Cooper days. I can be patient another six months.
:confused: you forgot about pot posession.

:confused: you forgot about pot posession.
Pot is legal in my mind. I can't believe William Green didn't go to OSU. Driving around naked in the hood drunk and high with a firearm is Columbus not Cleveland. What the hell is that?

I know PSU beat OSU last year.... :yes: :yes:

Now that's what I call Michigan bitterness. :lmao:

It was for the Super Bowl :pickle: Maybe when Michigan beats Ohio State next year you can send all the Maize and Blue faithful a congratulations as well. That'd be swell. :thumbup:
:lmao:

Now that's what I call Michigan bitterness. :lmao:
I won't argue with that. Thank God I'm an OKU alum as well otherwise I'd have thrown myself off the University library in Ann Arbor by now. This past year hurt more than any in my life. Lloyd's days are numbered.

I know PSU beat OSU last year.... :yes: :yes:
in happy valley. try to keep up.

No, he's not. Not even close.When I already know that "said ###-kickings" have been given to the black and gold in the past, and I know they will again happen in the future someday?

No, I have no problem congratulating my team's arch-rival.

Saying "you should never congratulate" is by far NOT "poor taste", and to think that way means you have the mentality of a 4th grader and probably a real #######. Suck it up. To not give credit where credit is due makes you look like an idiot, plain and simple.

True fans give and take.
Are you kidding me???? True fans give and take??? Please, as a fellow browns fan, I'm not going to even react to this or your other childish comebacks. This I will say, as another poster said earlier, the hate relationship between the Steelers and Browns is one of the reasons I watch football, and love to watch football. If I didn't hate the Steelers, and wish them to lose every game, when we played them, it would be just like playing the Lions, I wouldn't care much. I do then admit, I like having the Steelers in the NFL, and would be pissed if they weren't, because football wouldn't be nearly as fun. Talking trash to Steeler fans is one of the great joys in football life. To bad they have been so much better than us for the last few years, because it is now a little harder to talk trash and mean it.

As a Browns fan, I think we are getting screwed. A few years ago, we were all still pissed about Modell moving us, and what happens? He wins a Super Bowl for the Ravens. Then, most Browns fans will tell you they can't stand Bellichoke because of his benching of Kosar and eventual cutting of Kosar. Well Bellichoke goes on and starts a dynesty in New England winning 3 Super Bowls in 4 years. Now, our most known rival, the Steelers, win the Super Bowl. You couldn't draw it up worse for a Browns fan, and this is just the last 6 years. Maybe this points to something good happening for us one day, because it will all be worth it when we get that Super Bowl win, the city of Cleveland will never stop partying.

No, he's not. Not even close.When I already know that "said ###-kickings" have been given to the black and gold in the past, and I know they will again happen in the future someday?

Saying "you should never congratulate" is by far NOT "poor taste", and to think that way means you have the mentality of a 4th grader and probably a real #######. Suck it up. To not give credit where credit is due makes you look like an idiot, plain and simple.

True fans give and take.
Are you kidding me???? True fans give and take??? Please, as a fellow browns fan, I'm not going to even react to this or your other childish comebacks. This I will say, as another poster said earlier, the hate relationship between the Steelers and Browns is one of the reasons I watch football, and love to watch football. If I didn't hate the Steelers, and wish them to lose every game, when we played them, it would be just like playing the Lions, I wouldn't care much. I do then admit, I like having the Steelers in the NFL, and would be pissed if they weren't, because football wouldn't be nearly as fun. Talking trash to Steeler fans is one of the great joys in football life. To bad they have been so much better than us for the last few years, because it is now a little harder to talk trash and mean it.

As a Browns fan, I think we are getting screwed. A few years ago, we were all still pissed about Modell moving us, and what happens? He wins a Super Bowl for the Ravens. Then, most Browns fans will tell you they can't stand Bellichoke because of his benching of Kosar and eventual cutting of Kosar. Well Bellichoke goes on and starts a dynesty in New England winning 3 Super Bowls in 4 years. Now, our most known rival, the Steelers, win the Super Bowl. You couldn't draw it up worse for a Browns fan, and this is just the last 6 years. Maybe this points to something good happening for us one day, because it will all be worth it when we get that Super Bowl win, the city of Cleveland will never stop partying.
Childish? Not even close. Over your head, maybe.Thanks for proving my point exactly.

Also, if you don't care about the Browns playing the Lions as much as them playing the Steelers, again, you are not a true Browns fan.

You should care THE SAME EVERY WEEK. I shouldn't even have to say it.

Last edited by a moderator:

True fans give and take.

Childish? Not even close. Over your head, maybe.Thanks for proving my point exactly.

Also, if you don't care about the Browns playing the Lions as much as them playing the Steelers, again, you are not a true Browns fan.

You should care THE SAME EVERY WEEK. I shouldn't even have to say it.
WHAT?!?! Dude, are you 2?

Users who are viewing this thread