What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Today's Seattle Seahawks will be ... (1 Viewer)

PsychoMan

Footballguy
Mark it down!

If Seattle can stay healthy, I think they have a darn good shot at repeating what the Buffalo Bills did from 90 to 93. They dominated the NFC this year and will continue to do so, but they will fall short in the Super Bowl to the superior American Football Conference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be. There's probably 5 times in the AFC that are better than the best of the NFC. Currently. Free agency and the draft could change that though.

Could be. There's probably 5 times in the AFC that are better than the best of the NFC. Currently. Free agency and the draft could change that though.
I thought the best five teams this year were (in no particular order):Colts

Steelers

Broncos

Seahawks

Bengals

Patriots would be on the list if not for their health issues.

Do I think the AFC is the dominant conference right now? YES

Do I think Seattle ranks below the AFC giants? NO

I think Seattle is comparable to the best teams in the AFC, but at this point, they are the only NFC team I can say that about.

No way are they, or any other team today, are going to 4 straight SBs. Of course if the salary cap is wiped out in 07, no one can outspend Paul Allen.

Mark it down!

If Seattle can stay healthy, I think they have a darn good shot at repeating what the Buffalo Bills did from 90 to 93. They dominated the NFC this year and will continue to do so, but they will fall short in the Super Bowl to the superior American Football Conference.
This will only happen if Seattle gets to play the same easy schedule that they were lucky enough to get this year. If that can happen, then yes they could cruise through the NFC again.

Despite Indy's flirtation with an undefeated season, I don't think there is a dominant team in the NFL right now. The difference between Indy in Pittsburgh certainly wasn't that big in the AFC and I don't think the difference between Seattle and Washington is that big in the NFC.

I think Miami and Dallas are up and coming teams that just missed out on the playoffs so both conferences could see some turnover at the top. Many think highly of San Diego and KC but I'm not convinced they'll ever be more than fringe contenders but I have been wrong before.

While Seattle's OL can be dominant, I don't see the team as a whole to be dominant. I'm not trying to take anything away from the Seahawks Super Bowl season. They had a great year and are deserving NFC champs but during the regular season, they lost to Washington and beat Dallas and the Giants by only a field goal. These are the only NFC teams they played with winning records. Admittedly they were a little more impressive in the playoffs. But my point is Seattle is not that far ahead of the rest of the pack in the NFC.

And I'm not convinced that the AFC will win every year even if the Seahawks do go to the SB four years in a row. The AFC as a whole was only 4 games above .500 so it's not like the conference as a whole dominated. They were 24 games above .500 in 2004. For the last few years, with the exception of Philly, the top teams all seemed to be in the AFC. While this may still be true, I think the gap has closed here too.

Users who are viewing this thread