What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tom Brady, Known Cheater (1 Viewer)

Punishment Should've Been?

• Fired

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • Reprimanded

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Nothing

Votes: 25 26.3%
  • Promotion

Votes: 22 23.2%

• Total voters
I'd fire him for being stupid.  I never understood while some partially deflated footballs was that big of deal and it happened like 5 years ago. Time to let it go the guy is the GOAT as much as I hate to say it. 

I thought the question was "Did the discipline fit the action?" 

My bad, I guess?  :confused:
It was, then a Pats fan got wind of it and made some funny comparisons. 

Anyways, I think the station's audience prob enjoyed it, I don't think it was a huge deal, and the guy prob should've been reprimanded, but not fired. 

Last note/question from me on the actual deflategate:

Anyone know what happened to the equipment managers? Those two guys I actually do feel bad for - they got railroaded for following orders. 

SWC said:
i think it would be awesome if the next guy did it too and it just became a thing at the station where everyone in the role would put up some insult about tom brady and get fired and then when they advertise hr puts it out that they want someone to run insulting graphics about tom brady and the whole thing is actually a sitcom about the mid level manager who fires the same position over and over for the same transgrashun and each week it is a character study about the new graphics guy who will be fired at he end of the episode and as we learn a little about that guy we also learn a little bit about ourselves all to a laugh track that to the bank brohans 
They could name it Murphy Browns.

I’m a Brady hater but a news program can’t do things like that. They have to worry about being sued for defamation - and somehow Brady seems like a guy that would go that route.
Truth of the statement is an absolute defense to defamation.

Truth of the statement is an absolute defense to defamation.
Yes, sure...but it still opens up a door since he never admitted to anything and the NFL suspension was given to him due to his failure to cooperate (smashing his phone) and not for actually cheating (if I’m remembering correctly).

But yes that would offer the news station a possible defense though. They just don’t want the headache and likely want to keep some credibility.

Yes, sure...but it still opens up a door since he never admitted to anything and the NFL suspension was given to him due to his failure to cooperate (smashing his phone) and not for actually cheating (if I’m remembering correctly).

But yes that would offer the news station a possible defense though. They just don’t want the headache and likely want to keep some credibility.
I still can't believe the NFL destroyed the tapes. 

Just...comical.  

Users who are viewing this thread