What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Top 10 NFL moments from 2005 (1 Viewer)

Nemesis

Footballguy
It's the end of the year and I quickly put together this list. Here's mine:1 - T.O. Saga2 - Colts start the season 13-03 - Saints aftermath from Hurr Katrina4 - Bears defense dominates.....Chicago re-emerges with minimal offense under K.Orton5 - Randy Moss traded to Raiders6 - Detroit fans revolt against Lion's mgmt7 - Minn Vikings stripper cruise8 - LT ties record for consecutive games with a TD / S.Alexander (probably) breaks single season TD record9 - Miami Dolphins hire Nick Saban / deals with return of Ricky Williams10- Collapse of last year's playoff teams: Jets / Philly / GBHonorable Mention:-Brett Favre season / retirement talk-The O.Smith "Whizzinator" airport incident-The J.Rice "experiment" in Denver-Open discussion for who's going to get Reggie Bush-Tiki Barber / Larry Johnson late season performancesAnything missed?(Note: I didn't count last year's playoffs/SuperBowl.......if you did, you'd have to put NE's 3rd SB in 4 years in the top 3)

Yes, Carolina Cheerleaders should be on the list.Here's another one that should be somewhere on the HM:NBC / ABC / ESPN television packages to shuffle in 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
Worst play of the year:

Jeremy Shockey looking at the ref and waving his hands for an interference call while the ball is still in the air, and is intercepted right next to his knee, and continuing to complain to the ref while, unbeknownst to Shockey, the INT is being run back by a Redskin.

Vinny Testeverde coming out of retirement and winning that first gameOnly highlight for a jet fan :(

There was another NFL record set:Ronde Barber became the 1st corner in NFL history to record at least 20 sacks and 20 interceptions.

Worst play of the year:

Jeremy Shockey looking at the ref and waving his hands for an interference call while the ball is still in the air, and is intercepted right next to his knee, and continuing to complain to the ref while, unbeknownst to Shockey, the INT is being run back by a Redskin.
Keep it going:Top 10 Best Plays?

Top 10 Worst Plays? (include ref calls)

Some of the Best:

I think it was LT.......he juked Jets' CB Ty Law out of jock on the 5 yard line to score. The fact that it was Ty Law made it even more impressive.

B.Lloyd one-handed catch over the middle on a deep post route (vs Bucs I think)

Jon Gruden electing to go for the 2 pt conversion and the win vs the Redskins with seconds left in the 4th qtr instead of going to OT.Alstott punches it in on a close play.The fan in Cincy running out onto the field and stealing the ball from Favre's hand only to run off with it and get body slammed later.

Maybe not top 10 but one of my favorite moments was Brandon Lloyd leaping up and making a one handed circus grab on a ball over his head and behind him... only to have it brought back on a penalty. Kind of summed up the 9ers whole season.

1. that field goal return by the bears for a touchdown is the play of the year for me hands down.2. shockey with his signal of "good" for the field goal against the seahawks and his subsequent reaction.3. kurt warner's somewhat surprising performance4. the demise of the rams and their simply horrible playi've got a couple more i may post later.-orphan

How about:

Washington's 2 late TD's to upset the Pokes earlier this year.
If you're talking comebacks, it HAS to be St. Louis coming back from 10 down with 40 seconds remaining and a rookie 3rd-string QB from Haaaaarvard.

It's the end of the year and I quickly put together this list. Here's mine:

1 - T.O. Saga

2 - Colts start the season 13-0

3 - Saints aftermath from Hurr Katrina

8 - LT ties record for consecutive games with a TD / S.Alexander (probably) breaks single season TD record

10- Collapse of last year's playoff teams: Jets / Philly / GB
These are not really moments. They are more like things that happened over the course of the season. Notable things, yes, but they do not really fit in with what should be called 'moments of the year', IMO. My choices for top moments, not necessarily in order, are:

-Santana Moss catching that bomb against Dallas to complete their inexplicable comeback over Dallas on MNF.

-The Eagles blocking a field goal and returning it for a touchdown for the winning score over San Diego.

-Toomer's TD catch in the waning seconds that gave the Giants a 24-23 win over Denver at home.

-The Chiefs last second touchdown to give them a 27-23 win over the Raiders.

-The Bears 108-yard (I think it was) return of a missed FG against SF.

-Tampa Bay going for two and getting it to beat the Redskins 36-35.

-McNabb's horrible INT that led to Dallas beating Philly 21-20 on MNF.

-Ron Dayne unexpectedly busting a long run in overtime to put Denver in position to beat Dallas on Thanksgiving.

-Jay Feely's third FG miss in the overtime of the Giants/Seahawks game, which is my pick for game of the year.

-Dallas scoring in the last minute of the game to beat the Chiefs.

-Turner's long TD run against the Colts that practically sealed the Chargers win that gave the Colts their first loss of the season.

I have to second the Jeremy Shockey reaction to the missed field goal. That was a classic.A minor moment that merits an honorable mention is Pittsburgh LB James Harrison slamming down the Brown's fan that ran out on the field.

Turner's 90 yard TD run in the 4th quarter to beat the undefeated Colts.
:goodposting: And this was also the play that ruined the hands-down #1 story in the NFL "Colts Go 16-0 !!

:1972 Dolphins Smoking Cigars smilie:

It's the end of the year and I quickly put together this list. Here's mine:

1 - T.O. Saga

2 - Colts start the season 13-0

3 - Saints aftermath from Hurr Katrina

8 - LT ties record for consecutive games with a TD / S.Alexander (probably) breaks single season TD record

10- Collapse of last year's playoff teams: Jets / Philly / GB
These are not really moments. They are more like things that happened over the course of the season. Notable things, yes, but they do not really fit in with what should be called 'moments of the year', IMO. My choices for top moments, not necessarily in order, are:

-Santana Moss catching that bomb against Dallas to complete their inexplicable comeback over Dallas on MNF.

-The Eagles blocking a field goal and returning it for a touchdown for the winning score over San Diego.

-Toomer's TD catch in the waning seconds that gave the Giants a 24-23 win over Denver at home.

-The Chiefs last second touchdown to give them a 27-23 win over the Raiders.

-The Bears 108-yard (I think it was) return of a missed FG against SF.

-Tampa Bay going for two and getting it to beat the Redskins 36-35.

-McNabb's horrible INT that led to Dallas beating Philly 21-20 on MNF.

-Ron Dayne unexpectedly busting a long run in overtime to put Denver in position to beat Dallas on Thanksgiving.

-Jay Feely's third FG miss in the overtime of the Giants/Seahawks game, which is my pick for game of the year.

-Dallas scoring in the last minute of the game to beat the Chiefs.

-Turner's long TD run against the Colts that practically sealed the Chargers win that gave the Colts their first loss of the season.
GREAT list, you hit on almost all the plays that i would have listed.Here's a few others:

- Drew Bledsoe INT caught by Babineuax, returned to dallas territory with only a few seconds left, followed by 50+ yard game winner by josh brown in an improbable comeback.

- rashaen mathis taking tommy maddox's ill advised pass to the house in OT vs. the steelers.

- Rosenfels leads Miami to a win after being down 21-0 and 23-3 over buffalo.

- Houston finding an improbable way to lose for the second week in a row vs. baltimore with 2 misses by kris brown and total defensive breakdown on the last offensive play of the game.

- Bledsoe to Glenn in the waning seconds vs. Carolina to keep the season alive (man, dallas is all over this list)

- Carney game winning FG for the saints to win the season opener vs. the panthers after all they went through.

- Minnesota's improbable 3 TD return (INT, KO, Punt) game and win over the giants with a last second long FG by edinger to start their winning streak.

I see alot of things about Dallas, but no one mentioned the Monday Night game vs Philly where Roy WIlliams returned the INT and after that loss McNabb and Philly gave up on their season.Always sweet to see the Eagles pack it in :boxing:

I see alot of things about Dallas, but no one mentioned the Monday Night game vs Philly where Roy WIlliams returned the INT and after that loss McNabb and Philly gave up on their season.

Always sweet to see the Eagles pack it in :boxing:
Read Post #20, please. :)

I see alot of things about Dallas, but no one mentioned the Monday Night game vs Philly where Roy WIlliams returned the INT and after that loss McNabb and Philly gave up on their season.

Always sweet to see the Eagles pack it in :boxing:
Read Post #20, please. :)
:no: sorry

in relation to fantasy football ...a momentous incident would be Steve Smith's ejection from last week's game that crushed many teams in what was more than likely the Superbowl.-orphan

Users who are viewing this thread