What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Top 20 Running Back Values in Week 1 - FanDuel (1 Viewer)

Joe T

Footballguy
Here is my list of the best values in the opening week at running back.

1. Ryan Mathews $5,900

2. Ameer Abdullah $5900

3. Alfred Blue $5,800

4. Doug Martin $6,900

5. Ronnie Hillman $5,400

6. Chris Ivory $6,400

7. Eddie Lacy $8,500

8. LeSean McCoy $8,400

9. Duke Johnson $5,800

10. Jonathan Stewart $7,100

11. Rashad Jennings $6,600

12. Shane Vereen $6,500

13. C.J. Spiller $6,300

14. Fred Jackson $6,200

15. Carlos Hyde $7,300

16. Frank Gore $7,500

17. Tevin Coleman $6,700

18. Lance Dunbar $5,000

19. Bishop Sankey $6,300

20. Joseph Randle $6,900

You can read the full analysis here.

Thanks for sharing and nice effort. On the topic of #fearameer ...

Life-long Lions homer and want to go there for cash W1 ... really do ... but ...

Lions are a HORRIBLE road team; they have several injuries at OL and the Chargers D had several injuries last year and, well, those guys are back. Their secondary, as individual players, solid with a nice 2nd year CB. Caldwell is under no obligation to come 100% clear on the injuries in the preseason. Not required to same degree, as is regular season, and the vague replies around the OL injuries ... concerning. Yet they did trade a T this week to the Pats so, maybe, not all bad

Oh, and Lombardi ... Lions OC ... former Saints hand ... LOVES him some rotating backfield and T Riddick. And Z Zenner, rookie, is probably making the team versus G Wynn and I see Zenner becoming part of the GL package over time. Remember how the Saints would use their FB with their GL set with fair frequency? Could be coming with Zenner. My making assumptions about that offense and projecting how Zenner would fit/what role he would have beyond special teams/within base offense

Ameer's value is him being healthy; him having limited touches and, as a Lions homer, him NOT BLANKING returning kicks or punts. 12-15 touches a game

Lions shut Ameer down EARLY in Preseason G2. They know what they have. Huge positive. Will not wish ill on J Bell but he has not practiced, which is in Ameer's favor. Premature to think this becomes the Ameer show versus the Ameer & Riddick with a little Zenner show

You need to watch tonight's game or look at the box score tomorrow. Tonight will be leading indicator of what W1 could look like.

Flip-side ... with all the WR1/high-end WR2 available at lesser prices ... Think Fitz or Brown, if Floyd out vs Saints ... A Robinson or Cooks ... AJ Green ...Cobb ... it is very easy to put a Lacy/CJ Anderson or one of those with L Miller together, while putting a Dez/Julio with them and leveraging some of these guys to round out the roster

Good work and write-up

Ameer's value is him being healthy; him having limited touches and, as a Lions homer, him NOT BLANKING returning kicks or punts. 12-15 touches a game

Lions shut Ameer down EARLY in Preseason G2. They know what they have. Huge positive. Will not wish ill on J Bell but he has not practiced, which is in Ameer's favor. Premature to think this becomes the Ameer show versus the Ameer & Riddick with a little Zenner show

You need to watch tonight's game or look at the box score tomorrow. Tonight will be leading indicator of what W1 could look like.
Good points on Ameer. It will be very interesting to see how many touches he gets week 1. He is still a high upside play that I will throw in a few lineups.

Also, I didn't want to start a new thread, but here are my top 20 WR value plays for week 1.

1. Steve Smith $6,700

2. Brandin Cooks $7,400

3. Davante Adams $5,500

4. Jeremy Maclin $7,600

5. Jordan Mathews $6,800

6. Eddie Royal $5,000

7. Andre Johnson $6,900

8. Allen Hurns $4,600

9. Jarvis Landry $6,900

10. Charles Johnson $5,600

11. John Brown $6,000

12. Vincent Jackson $7,200