What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Top 5 PPR Sleepers (6th Round or After) '22 (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
Somebody did one last year and it didn't get a lot of traction but I think the sleepers at WR are valuable in measuring where the real cliff is at WR.

I'll assume at least the Top 20 WRs are off the board you see on multiple sites.

Marquise Brown WR 24 (5th round maybe?) is now in Arizona and for the first 6 weeks of the season, DeAndre Hopkins is suspended. You have a pass happy attack and his targets could be rather high in September and October. This guy left a lot to be desired in Baltimore but many felt Jackson could be holding him back, the answer to that riddle will be answered quickly in this offense which is really the issue vs the QB. I'm sure Jackson could swap places with Murray and have a career year. Back to Brown, seems like an easy grab but we're talking prior to the 6th, not sure he's much of a sleeper to some folks.

Gabriel Davis at WR33 and Hunter Renfroe at WR 35 are both interesting selections if you wait and feel strong about them being on the top side of a WR2 on their own teams. Davis looked sensational down the stretch and will be in a high powered offense that could easily push him into the Top 20-25, Renfroe will have Adams eating up top DBs across from him and even has Darren Waller to draw coverage away from him. He might not be consistent but he is likely to have several big games running wide open at times.

DJ Chark at WR 59 should have many weeks where the rookie is on the PUP and then brought along slowly. Amon St Bernard is going to see a lot of targets and I understand that but Chark is an experienced WR that has a resume if you go back thru his stats. Last year Jax was a dumpster fire, I would take a flyer on him late. Good OL, Goff should have time to throw and Detroit still has issues on defense, will need to score a lot of points to win some of their games, Campbell sounds old school but he learned under Payton for many seasons down in New Orleans, don't be shocked by what unfolds in Detroit this season.

Christian Watson at WR 72 Rookie WR taken 34th overall and is battling some injuries early in camp, some speculation about his availability Week 1, talk to me about Week 4, 6, 8, 10 because at this price point I don't care when he gets moving as long as he eventually finds his way on the field catching passes from Rodgers. I'm optimistic he can shake off these early speed bumps and find great success once he is on the field. Rodgers will find him and he has the ability to stretch the field.

What you got and who are you thinking about that maybe just missed your list?

Last edited:
I think Kirk, at this point is criminally undervalued.

What happens to M.Brown when Hopkins comes back? Is he a fast start that fades?
Why is Kirk undervalued? What is his current ADP and where do you think he has a chance to finish?

I think Brown will be just fine when Hopkins returns and will see easier coverage at some point. I like drafting both since Hopkins is fairly affordable if you can shelve him on your bench.

AZ Offense should be on the explosive side of the spectrum, yes/no?

I like McKissic
Bad team with 3 RBs that may play a role are usually an avoid for me. Robinson may get a shot at early work, Gibson they seem to want to work in space more….not sure there is much more than last year for McKissic. And this appears to be about receivers, although unclear in the title.

Last edited:

Why is Kirk undervalued? What is his current ADP and where do you think he has a chance to finish?

I think Brown will be just fine when Hopkins returns and will see easier coverage at some point. I like drafting both since Hopkins is fairly affordable if you can shelve him on your bench.

Where do I have him valued? Maybe I am misreading but you wrote WR72 but I am unsure what you meant when you said
WR 72 Rookie WR taken 34th overall
when Jax didn't draft a WR34th overall the past two years and Kirk went 47th overall.

I see him finishing at least top 36 for WRs in PPR.

Renfrow could be McDaniels “Welker” type and is a player I will be targeting.

Toney has upside if he can stay healthy and get it together. Golladay may be in the same category. I will probably take a shot on one of them.

Jakobi Meyers will be a safe later pick to get targets.

Josh Palmer is someone who I would like in case Allen/Williams miss time. He is probably more involved this year regardless.

Marvin Jones, if Lawrence makes a leap Jones can be a good value.

Where do I have him valued? Maybe I am misreading but you wrote WR72 but I am unsure what you meant when you said
when Jax didn't draft a WR34th overall the past two years and Kirk went 47th overall.

Christain Watson on FFP is WR72 which in some of my leagues means he is undrafted.

Maybe we got our signals crossed. I did start with Brown in Arizona and skimmed over 5 I think have real value.

Toney has upside if he can stay healthy and get it together. Golladay may be in the same category. I will probably take a shot on one of them.

Jakobi Meyers will be a safe later pick to get targets.

Josh Palmer is someone who I would like in case Allen/Williams miss time. He is probably more involved this year regardless.

Marvin Jones, if Lawrence makes a leap Jones can be a good value.
I like Marvin Jones as well, nearly undrafted

Christain Watson on FFP is WR72 which in some of my leagues means he is undrafted.

Maybe we got our signals crossed. I did start with Brown in Arizona and skimmed over 5 I think have real value.
That's what I figured. I assumed when I said Kirk was criminally underrated you would agree with that, and I think you do.

Lawrence appears to be locked in on him, he should probably be a weekly flex play, at worst.

Agree on Renfrow - while it seems too convenient to say he fits the the Welker narrative, he's a good receiver. Even if he does play the Welker role, he probably won't get the target volume with Adams commanding so much, and with Waller there, but could still be a valuable WR3.

Also agree on Toney, but I'm out on Golladay. I think Golladay is disinterested after getting paid, just doesn't have it any more, or some combination of the two. Either way, a horrible signing by the Giants and likely to be passed by Toney and Robinson in the pecking order.

Agree on Renfrow - while it seems too convenient to say he fits the the Welker narrative, he's a good receiver. Even if he does play the Welker role, he probably won't get the target volume with Adams commanding so much, and with Waller there, but could still be a valuable WR3.

Also agree on Toney, but I'm out on Golladay. I think Golladay is disinterested after getting paid, just doesn't have it any more, or some combination of the two. Either way, a horrible signing by the Giants and likely to be passed by Toney and Robinson in the pecking order.
It is convenient and probably lazy, but that role has also been a big part of McDaniels offensive success as a play caller. I will agree he is also a good receiver on top of it.

I am not a Golladay fan but if he has any pride as a player he should be trying to makeup for the embarrassment he has been so far. I was thrilled when my Lions did not resign him, one of their better moves at the time.

Thanks for sleeper threads like these and your annual RB breakdowns MoP. I’ve been a fan of yours for many years.

Jahan Dotson is my must-have sleeper this year and I’ve been able and to grab him in every single mock I’ve done in the 13th round or so.

He’s like a Pickens you can get much later that the average drafter and rankings service doesn’t yet know about.

Last edited:
Gabriel Davis at WR33
One of the major FFL info services has Gabriel Davis as their 20th-ranked WR in PPR and their 15th-ranked in non-PPR. Not sure if these are far outlier rankings or not.
The hype train on him is huge after the 4 TD performance in the Playoffs, elite WR lined up across from him and a very talented QB to throw him the ball, it seems like Davis is set to have a better season as a 2nd receiver in Buffalo than many of the "WR1" on other teams.

If you can still get him in the 6th round props to you for winning your draft

What I should have said is nobody smart is letting him get to the 6th round.
read the Davis thread. Many many people have posted where he went in their drafts this week, and it's in the 6th round in the majority of them.

He went round 6 in my 2 big money leagues that is full of smart drafters. Get off your high horse and look into some data outside of tournament style FFPC drafts.

DJ Chark at WR 59 should have many weeks where the rookie is on the PUP and then brought along slowly. Amon St Bernard is going to see a lot of targets and I understand that but Chark is an experienced WR that has a resume if you go back thru his stats. Last year Jax was a dumpster fire, I would take a flyer on him late. Good OL, Goff should have time to throw and Detroit still has issues on defense, will need to score a lot of points to win some of their games, Campbell sounds old school but he learned under Payton for many seasons down in New Orleans, don't be shocked by what unfolds in Detroit this season.
Agree DJ Chark will get volume and opportunity in DET. I see him as a Top 24 WR in most PPR league scoring.

I think JAX C Kirk will be another sleeper target in WR2-3 Range. The Jax def will be supporting bountiful Garbage Time Points for Kirk.

read the Davis thread. Many many people have posted where he went in their drafts this week, and it's in the 6th round in the majority of them.

He went round 6 in my 2 big money leagues that is full of smart drafters. Get off your high horse and look into some data outside of tournament style FFPC drafts.
I read the last page of that thread just now. You are the only person on the entire last page that saw him go in the 6th round. Perhaps YOU are the outlier.

I read the last page of that thread just now. You are the only person on the entire last page that saw him go in the 6th round. Perhaps YOU are the outlier.
Maybe you didn't read it properly.

I'm not a Hollywood Brown guy.

1) has a limited route tree
2) is the #2 once Hopkins is back
3) Kyler/Cardinals fade down the stretch

He may start fast while Hopkins is out, but I'm betting against him finishing strong. Hard pass at ADP.

So those who have mentioned their home leagues:

@C-Bound took him at pick 78
@VikingFrog took him at 63
@Deamon took him at 66
@Hot Sauce Guy took him at 60 (68 but 8 were IDP)
Icon saw him go 72
Icon saw him go 63
Icon saw him go 75
Gally at 54.

We're starting to see where he's really going now.

Still believe this?

Chark and Watson certainly have paths to exceed their ADP...Watson in particular could be a huge value in the second half of the season once he gets his sea legs.

He went in the 6th in all my leagues this week. His ADP this week is still in the 6th. He's absolutely still going in the 6th right now.
I think he "can" make it to the 6th but that is not the case if there is someone buying the hype in your league. All it takes is one guy all in on the Gabe train and he will go before the 6th. If you want to make sure you get him you should target him before the 6th. You can risk waiting but one believer and you miss.

He went in the 6th in all my leagues this week. His ADP this week is still in the 6th. He's absolutely still going in the 6th right now.
I think he "can" make it to the 6th but that is not the case if there is someone buying the hype in your league. All it takes is one guy all in on the Gabe train and he will go before the 6th. If you want to make sure you get him you should target him before the 6th. You can risk waiting but one believer and you miss.
Agree. Howerver, Same could be said about every player though.... "If you really want Pierce, it only takes 1 guy on the hype train to take him in the 4th so you better take him in the 3rd".

But your general point is correct, so taking him in the 5th is probably safer if you are all in on him this year.

Agree. Howerver, Same could be said about every player though.... "If you really want Pierce, it only takes 1 guy on the hype train to take him in the 4th so you better take him in the 3rd".

But your general point is correct, so taking him in the 5th is probably safer if you are all in on him this year.
Which is how you should draft the guys you believe in. Plant your flag and make sure you get the guy you think will explode. It's better to "overpay" (and if he does what you think then you aren't overpaying) to get your guy then wait and miss.

Which is how you should draft the guys you believe in. Plant your flag and make sure you get the guy you think will explode. It's better to "overpay" (and if he does what you think then you aren't overpaying) to get your guy then wait and miss.
Agree for sure. There's always a limit though (Like the example of taking Pierce in round 3 out of fear someone might go crazy and take him in round 3/4)

But yes, Davis has a 6th round ADP.... if you really want him that badly, I agree that you should probably take him in the mid-late 5th as there's a very good chance he's not there mid 6th.

Agree for sure. There's always a limit though (Like the example of taking Pierce in round 3 out of fear someone might go crazy and take him in round 3/4)

But yes, Davis has a 6th round ADP.... if you really want him that badly, I agree that you should probably take him in the mid-late 5th as there's a very good chance he's not there mid 6th.
I am not a big ADP guy. Yes it is part of the info available and I get a general sense of where guys typically go but since drafts are unique beasts that sometimes gets you in trouble. I typically worry more about my tiers and how many people are left in a particular tier as to when I will pull the trigger. So sometimes that means that I am multiple rounds ahead of ADP if it's someone I must have. And I have no problem with missing on "value" because of that. When all is said and done it is likely that I didn't miss any actual value.

I am not a big ADP guy. Yes it is part of the info available and I get a general sense of where guys typically go but since drafts are unique beasts that sometimes gets you in trouble. I typically worry more about my tiers and how many people are left in a particular tier as to when I will pull the trigger. So sometimes that means that I am multiple rounds ahead of ADP if it's someone I must have. And I have no problem with missing on "value" because of that. When all is said and done it is likely that I didn't miss any actual value.
That's if you hit on those players. But if you miss on those players, your backup option might be a 6th round guy instead of a 3rd round guy.

I think there's a way to incorporate both. If you're confident you can get him a round or two later, I see no reason taking him there. This of course gets less and less important as the rounds get later on. (Like you won't take Javonte at 1.10 even if he's the top of your tier, because you know you can get him at 2.02. But a guy typically going in round 8 that you love, it's no biggie taking him in round 7 or even 6)

That's if you hit on those players. But if you miss on those players, your backup option might be a 6th round guy instead of a 3rd round guy.

I think there's a way to incorporate both. If you're confident you can get him a round or two later, I see no reason taking him there. This of course gets less and less important as the rounds get later on. (Like you won't take Javonte at 1.10 even if he's the top of your tier, because you know you can get him at 2.02. But a guy typically going in round 8 that you love, it's no biggie taking him in round 7 or even 6)
Borrowing a concept from a well known song from Mr. Rodgers.....Knowing when to hold em and knowing when to fold em is kind of the trick of drafting successfully.

Since this thread started off with Marquise Brown..

@AlexCaruso

Marquise Brown is quickly turning into my
#1 MUST DRAFT player in Fantasy

-WR6 last year before Lamar got hurt
- 24%+ Target share the last two years
-Hopkins could be declining
-Rondale Moore dealing with an injury

Hollywood is in for a MONSTER year
9/1/22, 2:23 PM

I don’t get the Gabe Davis love. People letting one incredible game that everybody saw overshadow a very mediocre regular season. I’m sure he’ll be better but he’s doubling his numbers? Because that’s close to what you would need to justify that draft slot. Big pass for me.

I don’t get the Gabe Davis love. People letting one incredible game that everybody saw overshadow a very mediocre regular season. I’m sure he’ll be better but he’s doubling his numbers? Because that’s close to what you would need to justify that draft slot. Big pass for me.
Beasley and Sanders are gone and hes been a TD machine when hes played. Its not just one game.

Beasley and Sanders are gone and hes been a TD machine when hes played. Its not just one game.
McKenzie is getting a lot of hype. I just don’t see a guy coming off of 550 yards going that early. There’s projection and there’s wishing.

McKenzie is getting a lot of hype. I just don’t see a guy coming off of 550 yards going that early. There’s projection and there’s wishing.
McKenzie is the slot guy (and hurt now?) He replaces Beasley. If Davis replaces just half of Sanders' pitiful production hes at around 60 receptions, 900 yards, and 8 TDs and I think thats his floor.

I really like the idea of snagging Christian Watson. He is an amazing athlete and has one of the best ever tossing it to him. Wishing we had deeper benches though because I have some RB stashes I don't want to drop.

Give me Romeo Doubs based on the following:

• Talent jumping off the screen in preseason
  • Competition for touches are JAGs imo, Lazard is average, Watkins and Cobb are on their last legs.
  • HOF quarterback that loves to throw in the redzone.

the only thing that gives me pause is that his measurables are mediocre. I wonder how sustainable his production will be.

I have zero shares of Gabe Davis...way too expensive for me. George Pickens goes later(significantly later a month ago) and has a higher ceiling IMHO.

McKenzie is the slot guy (and hurt now?) He replaces Beasley. If Davis replaces just half of Sanders' pitiful production hes at around 60 receptions, 900 yards, and 8 TDs and I think thats his floor.
Not in on McKenzie. Cook for me. RB get PPR too right? Allen hasn’t had a talented receiving back which is the main reason why RB don’t get much love in Buffalo. Things are about to change.

Users who are viewing this thread