What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Top 50 Trench Players entering 2021 (1 Viewer)

Good read, thanks. Was disappointed to not see LT Taylor Decker but turns out his PFF grade of 82.0 isn’t that amazing - 5th in pass pro amongst LTs in 2020. Was also surprised to not see Jason Kelce & Corey Linsley, who have long been an NFC stalwarts at C (think Frank the tank Ragnow was the lone center repped), but his sole criteria was 2020 film. I don’t think people realize how huge it is having a center call the line blocking & identity the mike LB. The Linsley signing should help in Herbert’s development bc he won’t have to do that with presnap in 2021, allowing him to focus on coverages.

Good read, thanks. Was disappointed to not see LT Taylor Decker but turns out his PFF grade of 82.0 isn’t that amazing - 5th in pass pro amongst LTs in 2020. Was also surprised to not see Jason Kelce & Corey Linsley, who have long been an NFC stalwarts at C (think Frank the tank Ragnow was the lone center repped), but his sole criteria was 2020 film. I don’t think people realize how huge it is having a center call the line blocking & identity the mike LB. The Linsley signing should help in Herbert’s development bc he won’t have to do that with presnap in 2021, allowing him to focus on coverages.
Very good analysis Bobby.

The list is very refined as I was looking for guys like Jack Conklin who had is rock solid and he did get an honorable mention at the end of the list which also includes defensive linemen.

I like it because it lists the cream of the crop of both sides of the trenches and many are not aware of every team to the point that they can make an objective ranking.  Good to get a 360 view of the entire league of top trench players since FF doesn't rank/reward top trench players but they have an effect on FF. 

Chase Young only #35?  I think he's close to elite.
Young, Nick Bosa and Q Williams are the 3 on defense I'd most expect to see rise the most this year.   With QW and Becton leading the way in the trenches, the jets are going to surprise people this year.

Chase Young only #35?  I think he's close to elite.
They note his physical abilities and also note his 'unrefined' pass rush and I have to agree that he's not quite their yet.  

The name that blew me away was Wyatt Teller at #19.  I saw him rise from utter obscurity to a freak'n monster last year.  I was watching this kid annihilate people and I just could not believe what I was seeing.  I thought I must not be seeing what I was seeing. 

I'm VERY impressed he not only made the list but that they rank him where my lying eyes would have ranked him but even then I'm blown away with the list and will take hard looks at some guys who I may have overlooked.

Users who are viewing this thread