What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Top underperforming fantasy players thru week 5 (1 Viewer)

ponchsox

Footballguy
Which fantasy players that have underperformed relative to their ADP/projections do you feel will pick it up after 5 games?

Gronk

Jimmy Graham

Steven Jackson

Matt Stafford

Calvin Johnson

Matt Stafford

Cam Newton

Last edited by a moderator:
Which fantasy players that have underperformed relative to their ADP/projections do you feel will pick it up after 5 games?GronkJimmy GrahamSteven JacksonMatt StaffordCalvin JohnsonMatt StaffordCam Newton
Is having Stafford listed 2x's intentional? lol. Good list, add Jordy Nelson?

McFadden is struggling with the new blocking scheme. This is something they were looking to address during the bye week (last week). It will be interesting to see if there is any improvement this week against Atlanta.

McFadden - I think he turns it around. Schedule opens up as I think (hope?) that Dennis Allen will make good on his promise to adjust the run game more to mcfaddens strengths over the bye week.

Romo, dez, murray - will definitely turn it around. Pains me to say this BC I'm a giants fan and I hate the boys but that offense is going to be good in the 2nd half of the season.

Stafford - definitely will turn it around. Too good not to.

Newton - I think will be up and down all year and frustrate his owners. Bench him vs tough matchups, play him on easier ones. Best is to trade Jim if you can do it without getting raped.

Calvin - absolutely. He is a beast. He's nt doing that bad anyway.

Jimmy graham - I think he is injured now? Not sure. I think he will turn it around.

Gronk - will be spotty all year esp with return of Hernandez. Will frustrate his owners. Too many mouths to feed in NE and now they have a run game so less passing. Sell on name if you can.

Sjax - old but still has some left in the tank. Now has a good defense which will keep stl in games and sjax should get his touches. That said, if I owned him, starting him would be like watching paint dry.

Chris Johnson - no shot this turd turns it around. He will have his 2 or 3 more good games when you least expect it and that's about it. Owning him will bring you one step closer to suicide each passing week. Bail now if you haven't already. Sell for a backup kicker if u have to lol (jk obviously. But if you cant trade him, don't start him. Ever)

Aj - not high on him. He will be spotty all season on a run first team. His only hope is that the loss of Cushing softens that defense and outs Houston in more shootouts (which is possible). Would not trade for him. Would cost too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
McFadden is struggling with the new blocking scheme. This is something they were looking to address during the bye week (last week). It will be interesting to see if there is any improvement this week against Atlanta.
Ps if you want to trade for McFadden the time is now. BC if he blows up in week 6 his price tag will go much higher.

McFadden.

Look at his schedule to start the year, now look at the rest of the season. Probably the easiest RB schedule to finish the year.

Which fantasy players that have underperformed relative to their ADP/projections do you feel will pick it up after 5 games?GronkJimmy GrahamSteven JacksonMatt StaffordCalvin JohnsonMatt StaffordCam Newton
Stafford and Cam were pretty much doomed to comedown to a degree. I dont see that changing. SJax is already nursing a lower body injury, so I doubt he ends up better than a mid-low RB2.I think Graham, Gronk, and Mega are fine. Hell, Gronk is TE3 in my leagues, and pointwise Graham isnt far behind. Considering the next half dozen TE's drafted after them have literally all produced at half the rate they have with the exception of Vernon, I think their round 2 stock is still holding decently.

McFadden.Look at his schedule to start the year, now look at the rest of the season. Probably the easiest RB schedule to finish the year.
I like McFadden, Stafford and Calvin to turn it around. As you pointed out, McFadden will face much better schedule and let's also not forget this was a new offense. They will get better as the season progresses IMO.Stafford is averaging 300 yds per game but the TDs just haven't been there. That should change. When it does both he and Calvin will be much better fantasy wise.

What counts as underperforming? I mean, Nicks has been disappointing due to injury, but he's hardly underperformed when on the field.

Also, Brandon Lloyd hasn't underperformed given his ADP, but I think he left a ton of pts on the field.

I say we're all in prime position to take home a championship.

I mean, you want the guys who are hot in weeks 14-16, not weeks 4-6, right?

:unsure:

I think Graham, Gronk, and Mega are fine. Hell, Gronk is TE3 in my leagues, and pointwise Graham isnt far behind. Considering the next half dozen TE's drafted after them have literally all produced at half the rate they have with the exception of Vernon, I think their round 2 stock is still holding decently.
I'm guessing Gronk and Graham were not drafted in the 2nd round with hopes of them finishing in the top 5 TE. If they don't significantly out-produce every other TE they have to be viewed as major disappointments and draft mistakes

I think Graham, Gronk, and Mega are fine. Hell, Gronk is TE3 in my leagues, and pointwise Graham isnt far behind. Considering the next half dozen TE's drafted after them have literally all produced at half the rate they have with the exception of Vernon, I think their round 2 stock is still holding decently.
I'm guessing Gronk and Graham were not drafted in the 2nd round with hopes of them finishing in the top 5 TE. If they don't significantly out-produce every other TE they have to be viewed as major disappointments and draft mistakes
Agreed. No one drafted them in the 1st or 2nd rounds to score as the top te's by a small margin. They drafted them there BC they felt like they could get top 10 WR #s from them in their TE spot. If they don't produce that way, safe to call them busts based in where they were drafted.

True, and I agree, but if there are going to be at least 5 to maybe even 10 other busts in the first couple rounds. If they end up as a Top 3 TE, theyre still producing at a high level, and comparatively its not hurting your team as much as say taking CJ2.0K

my team:

McCoy - Top 3 guy - low end RB1 year to date - We are going to depend on Andy Reid trusting the ground game which has not happened yet this year. Last week i almost threw the remote when he called a qb keeper from the 3 yard line and vick fumbles. He has a QB that is getting killed and he voluntarily puts him in harms way with the best RB from last year acting as a decoy. Andy is on my list.

Romo/McMurry/Dez - they have had a brutal schedule thus far. I expect all numbers to improve.

Sjax - I thought this guy would be a bell cow this year. I was wrong. I will trade him for anything of value because the division has tough def all the way around and bradford has zero WR threats left after Danny went down.

Anything Tenn - This club is just a mess right now. CJ2K is more like CJ200. I am seriously contemplating dropping him from my redraft league. Kenny Britt cannot get healthy and the QB situation is dismal.

I am sure there are others but these are the guys i follow.

Users who are viewing this thread