What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Torry Holt Appreciation Thread*** (1 Viewer)

dickey moe

Fingerpicker
If he is able to play a full game, he never disappoints. Doesn't matter who's QBing either -- he breaks coverage, makes tough catches, and is like clockwork -- it seems like he gets 8+ catches and about a TD a week. He'd be the #1 or #2 receiver if he wouldn't have gotten hurt and missed a couple of games a few weeks ago.At the WR position, consistency is everything...

best trade I ever made in my dynasty league, Tony Gonzalez straight up for Torry Holt. Holt has been my most dependable player ever since, if he plays he starts, every game.

Traded Holt when the Injury rumors were strong....don't regret it since I got a great deal..... Westbrook, Droughns & Muhammad.But I loved T Holt! Took him in 2nd round in new Keeper league as long term great value....

Torry Holt is an amazing receiver that always seems to be overlooked. He is one of the top 5 WR's in the NFL, without a doubt, and possibly top 3.

Had him as the #1 ranked WR going into the year and drafted him as the 3rd WR taken overall at 2.09. Love em! Captain Consistancy.

Traded Jamal Lewis for Holt right before our Keep-2 draft this year.Needless to say, the other owner is not as happy as I am about thatdeal. :) I, too, had him ranked as the #1 WR going into this year.He's the model of consistency over the past few years and the questionmarks about R Moss and T.O going into the draft this past year made merank Holt as #1.(ps. next year we go to 3 keepers and I have Larry Johnson and Holt tobuild on. I also have Priest, who I hope retires once and for all, and DeuceMcAllister, who I pray gets healthy so he can be my 3rd keeper. I like myodds with that core of players on my team).

I appreciated him right off my roster a few season ago. I held onto him his first four years in the league when he seemingly couldn't find the end zone and then he found it after I got rid of him :wall: . I'll suffer in silence with Steve Smith and Larry Fitzgerald.

Holt UP or DOWN next year with Bruce leaving??
I don't think Bruce leaving has any negative impact. I also think that with the addition of Linehan as head coach we shouldn't expect any significant negative changes to his production. My guess is that Holt is going to continue to be Holt. With a downside of 1300 yards and 8 TDs and an upside of 1600 yards and 12 TDs. I think he is more likely to be close to that upside than the downside. I have him as the number two WR for next season.

Ya mean the guy who caught a TD pass off his facemask in the Superbowl and got dressed up in a ballerina TUTU for a MNF prank and looked like a fruitcake???......that guy?.....yeah, I love him too.

I appreciated him right off my roster a few season ago. I held onto him his first four years in the league when he seemingly couldn't find the end zone and then he found it after I got rid of him :wall: . I'll suffer in silence with Steve Smith and Larry Fitzgerald.
Huh? :confused:

I appreciated him right off my roster a few season ago.  I held onto him his first four years in the league when he seemingly couldn't find the end zone and then he found it after I got rid of him :wall: .  I'll suffer in silence with Steve Smith and Larry Fitzgerald.
Dropped him like he was hot in a keeper league.

I remember having him in 2002, when he scored 4 tds (he had 7, 6, and 6 in his previoud 3 years).Swore off him forever.

Then unswore off him after the 03 season (12, 10, and 9tds since then)

The yardage has ALWAYS been there, but we didnt see more than 7 tds until his 5th year.

Users who are viewing this thread