What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tracing Your Dynasty Team's Cost Basis (1 Viewer)

eighsse2

Footballguy
Not sure what to make of this, might be an exercise in futility. But I thought it would be cool to take my dynasty roster and trace each player back to what I used to acquire him, then just sort the original resources used best to worst, and sort my current team best to worst, and see how they line up together. Intended as a means to judge all trading and drafting cumulatively. Anyone picked up off waivers or free agency counts as zero cost (it only costs me cash). Any player who was inherited with the team, and eventually traded, counts as a cost of the player himself at the time he was traded. Anyway, here is the best I could come up with. I'm sure there are prior trades I couldn't remember that led to some of these picks. And some pick numbers I couldn't remember exactly and estimated. Shrug.
To be clear, the pick and the adjacent player have no relation -- each list is just sorted based on estimated value.

The league is PPR, QRRWWFKD

1.02 (2021) - D'Andre Swift
1.04 (2019) - Joe Mixon
1.05 (2020) - Travis Etienne
1.06 (2022) - CeeDee Lamb
1.08 (2017) - AJ Brown
Julio Jones (2020) - Aaron Jones
1.10 (2018) - Chris Godwin
2.02 (2021) - Late 1st round 2023*
2.03 (2015) - Rashod Bateman
2.03 (2018) - Elijah Moore
2.03 (2019) - Jameson Williams
2.05 (2016) - Garrett Wilson
2.05 (2020) - Jalen Hurts
2.06 (2022) - James Robinson
2.11 (2017) - Tua Tagovailoa
3.02 (2021) - Robert Woods
3.04 (2019) - Alec Pierce
4.02 (2021) - Trey Sermon
Kenny Pickett

Not bothering with kicker and defense

*For this experiment, I'm including any acquired future pick as an asset, but no natural future picks.

Has anyone else tried something like this? Is there anything I could change in the method that would make it more meaningful?

I suppose one potential fallacy here is if, for instance, I drafted Player X with pick 2.01 (2015), got 5 years of solid use out of him and then traded him for 3.01 (2020), the Player X acquisition and Player X cost cancel each other out and the net result would just be "2.01 (2015) yields 3.01 (2020)" which sounds terrible. But the 5 years of usage are not represented at all. Again, shrug.

interesting exercise. One thing I started doing was keeping a log of all my trades including my offers with notes on why I made the offer, why I accepted or declined a particular offer. Helps me grade my thought process.

interesting exercise. One thing I started doing was keeping a log of all my trades including my offers with notes on why I made the offer, why I accepted or declined a particular offer. Helps me grade my thought process.
Yeah that's a great idea. I keep a log of all my completed trades ... I really want to keep a log of my offers sent and received, but I've tried and I'm too darn lazy. So many offers.

I've always logged trades, and this year decided to also log adds/drops including my reasonings for each. Hoping it'll be fun to see the roster churn as a list, and also how injuries/byes force decisions.

Trying to go back and remember all my draft picks since the startup but that's been difficult. We switched from ESPN to Sleeper along the way so only have history for about half the years, and I just can't freaking remember who I took in the 4th in 2018, for example. They're not on my team anymore that's for sure, but still like to see who turned out to be anything...

I wish I could trace my team back, but our league is 30 years old so is no way to trace everything going back to the days of the newspaper, paper and pencil scoring. I think everyone on my roster is a result of a trade or FA pickup. I rarely draft in 1st round as I am always including the pick for other assets. Finally won our 14 team league last year after finishing runner up the previous four years in a row.

I wish I could trace my team back, but our league is 30 years old so is no way to trace everything going back to the days of the newspaper, paper and pencil scoring. I think everyone on my roster is a result of a trade or FA pickup. I rarely draft in 1st round as I am always including the pick for other assets. Finally won our 14 team league last year after finishing runner up the previous four years in a row.
Gotta say that's extremely impressive. Five years straight in the title game. In a 14-teamer.

I'm the commissioner of our Dynasty League with 10 teams 2QBs and gunslinger point scoring. All TDs 6pts 20yrds pass = 1pt. QBs are the top.
QQ,RR,WWW,T,W/T,W/R, W/R/T K,D,IDP IDP

I created the league in 2018 with HS friends who are also in redraft day before the season started.
Everyone was allowed to set their predraft rankings and we did autodraft...'thus allowing us all to be screwed equally".
At the end/beginning/offseason. I trade everything in Google docs.
I print PDF Trades, Adds, Moves, Drops from each team.
I log draft and have a Trade Tracker to make sure YAHOO! tracks our teams properly as I don't totally trust it.

I designed the league after a previous FF Dynasty league I was in that disbanded and kind of missed but not the Douchebaggers that were in it.
I knew QBs were going to be Key to success. SO... in my predraft rankings I graded Russ Wilson, DWatson and a few others higher than others.

I had kind of a zero RB draft strategy. But got CHubb in very late rounds who I'd ranked higher used WALDMANs RSP.... My goal was to build value even if it meant losing. So, I was starting him 2018 rookie season where he'd get 3 carries a game. Included 105yd 2TD on 3 carries. Pretty stoked.
I made early Post Draft Comments about WTF is Mahomes...

QBs on WW post draft were:
Mayfield
Rosen
LJAX
JAllen

I grabbed Mayfield and eventually traded him for two 2nd round picks once I drafted Tua T.
I grabbed C Kirk,

The other QBs were later acquired within next couple days as owners cleaned up their rosters.

Notable Drops by others:
+CSutton,
-Clement + PLindsay
-IDP, + AEkeler,

Turns out I must've got Trubisky in the autodraft.
on 9/19/2018 I dropped Trubisky for Fitpatrick with top Waiver priority and immediately traded him. He's started out hot that year
TB QB owner needed QB and loaded at RB.

I gave him
QB Fitzmagic, 2019 1st (likely top 5). Jamaal Williams (handcuff to AJones his Starter) and Chris Thompson RB WAS.

I received:
ZEKE RB DAL
2019 2nd Rd. (which was more valuable because we SNAKED... I was into swapping 1sts for 2nds with top/loaded teams)
And throw-in Player CGodwin. who hadn't done anything the firs 2-3 weeks. Then broke out.

Next day, I traded
2019 2nd Rd I'd just acquired from Zeke trade
RB DHenry
TE Eifert for

TE Kelce,
WR Q Enunwa,
2019 3rd pick.
This trade also worked out.

9/21/2018
The owner of Josh Allen dropped him for Trubisky.
I grabbed Goedert same day.
Allen taken off Waivers by a higher priorty.

Other Add/Drops
WR Tyler Boyd was an add.
Andy Dalton, + and _
Ron Jones

EEngram

2019 Draft Results:
1st
KMurray
Josh Jacobs
Dwayne Haskin
Desean Jackson (The owner that I traded Fitzpatrick to)
Marquise Brown
N'Keal Harry (Djax Owner again...in his defense he was super hung over).
Ryan Switzer !
Delanie Walker !
Enunwa
Darrell Henderson

2nd
DMontgomery
Mark Andrews
DK Metcalf
DFunchess
Hakeem Butler (my pick. = to DK but more raw) Waldman RSP ~
CHyde
Dissley
Hockenson
CLE DEF
Pass.

3rd
Irv Smith JR
Fant
AJBrown
Deebo Samuel
Darwin Thompson (my pick)
Miles Sanders

4th notables
Mecole Hardman
Parris Campbell

I'm the commissioner of our Dynasty League with 10 teams 2QBs and gunslinger point scoring. All TDs 6pts 20yrds pass = 1pt. QBs are the top.

I created the league in 2018 with HS friends who are also in redraft day before the season started.
Everyone was allowed to set their predraft rankings and we did autodraft...'thus allowing us all to be screwed equally".
I log draft and have a Trade Tracker to make sure YAHOO! tracks our teams properly as I don't totally trust it.

I designed the league after a previous FF Dynasty league I was in that disbanded and kind of missed but not the Douchebaggers that were in it.
I knew QBs were going to be Key to success. SO... in my predraft rankings I graded Russ Wilson, DWatson and a few others higher than others.

I had kind of a zero RB draft strategy. But got CHubb in very late rounds who I'd ranked higher used WALDMANs RSP.... My goal was to build value even if it meant losing. So, I was starting him 2018 rookie season where he'd get 3 carries a game. Included 105yd 2TD on 3 carries. Pretty stoked.

Mayfield
Rosen
LJAX
JAllen

I grabbed Mayfield and eventually traded him for two 2nd round picks once I drafted Tua T.
I grabbed C Kirk,

The other QBs were later acquired within next couple days as owners cleaned up their rosters.

Notable Drops by others:
+CSutton,
-Clement + PLindsay
-IDP, + AEkeler,

on 9/19/2018 I dropped Trubisky for Fitpatrick with top Waiver priority and immediately traded him. He's started out hot that year

I gave him
QB Fitzmagic, 2019 1st (likely top 5). Jamaal Williams (handcuff to AJones his Starter) and Chris Thompson RB WAS.

I received:
ZEKE RB DAL
2019 2nd Rd. (which was more valuable because we SNAKED... I was into swapping 1sts for 2nds with top/loaded teams)
And throw-in Player CGodwin. who hadn't done anything the firs 2-3 weeks. Then broke out.

Next day, I traded
RB DHenry
TE Eifert for

TE Kelce,
WR Q Enunwa,
2019 3rd pick.

9/21/2018

Other Add/Drops
Andy Dalton, + and _
Ron Jones

EEngram

2019 Draft Results:
1st
KMurray
Josh Jacobs
Dwayne Haskin
Marquise Brown
Ryan Switzer !
Delanie Walker !
Enunwa
Darrell Henderson

2nd
DMontgomery
Mark Andrews
DK Metcalf
DFunchess
CHyde
Dissley
Hockenson
CLE DEF
Pass.

3rd
Irv Smith JR
Fant
AJBrown
Deebo Samuel
Miles Sanders

4th notables
Mecole Hardman
Parris Campbell

Activity:

2019 Drops
MGallup
GEdwards
MBreida,
TPollard
AJ BROWN on 9/5 (before season perhaps)
T Pollard
KHunt
Tannehill
Nk'Harry
Eli Manning
RFitzpatrcik
ALuck
TColeman
Darwin THopmson
KekeCoutee

Various ADDS
AJ Brown (Me)
Diontae Johnson
Minkah Fitzpatrick
HRenfrow
Pollard
DWaller

Adds:
Jordan Love
JWinston
Trade: CKirk for LBowden and 1st.
Added: Pittman JR F/A
Trade HHenry for 3rd.

-Akers dropped for Nyheim Hines
+Akers added for Waiver piority dropped T Patrick

Baker Mayfield traded for 2x 2nds

9/23 JJefferson Dropped to waivers for TreQuan Smith WR NO
9/25 I added JJefferson and dropped K Dan Bailey

League Trade:
Dk Metcalf
Russell Gage
2021 1st for

MThomas
JHurts

I suppose one potential fallacy here is if, for instance, I drafted Player X with pick 2.01 (2015), got 5 years of solid use out of him and then traded him for 3.01 (2020), the Player X acquisition and Player X cost cancel each other out and the net result would just be "2.01 (2015) yields 3.01 (2020)" which sounds terrible. But the 5 years of usage are not represented at all. Again, shrug.
Also need factors in
Three WRs injured, needed one etc

This is good and useful regardless though

Mayfield
Rosen
LJAX
JAllen

I grabbed C Kirk,

Notable Drops by others:
+CSutton,
-Clement + PLindsay
-IDP, + AEkeler,

I gave him

I received:
ZEKE RB DAL

Next day, I traded
RB DHenry
TE Eifert for

TE Kelce,
WR Q Enunwa,
2019 3rd pick.

9/21/2018

Other Add/Drops
Andy Dalton, + and _
Ron Jones

EEngram

2019 Draft Results:
1st
KMurray
Josh Jacobs
Dwayne Haskin
Marquise Brown
Ryan Switzer !
Delanie Walker !
Enunwa
Darrell Henderson

2nd
DMontgomery
Mark Andrews
DK Metcalf
DFunchess
CHyde
Dissley
Hockenson
CLE DEF
Pass.

3rd
Irv Smith JR
Fant
AJBrown
Deebo Samuel
Miles Sanders

4th notables
Mecole Hardman
Parris Campbell

Activity:

2019 Drops
MGallup
GEdwards
MBreida,
TPollard
AJ BROWN on 9/5 (before season perhaps)
T Pollard
KHunt
Tannehill
Nk'Harry
Eli Manning
RFitzpatrcik
ALuck
TColeman
Darwin THopmson
KekeCoutee

Various ADDS
AJ Brown (Me)
Diontae Johnson
Minkah Fitzpatrick
HRenfrow
Pollard
DWaller

Adds:
Jordan Love
JWinston
Trade: CKirk for LBowden and 1st.
Added: Pittman JR F/A
Trade HHenry for 3rd.

-Akers dropped for Nyheim Hines
+Akers added for Waiver piority dropped T Patrick

Baker Mayfield traded for 2x 2nds

9/23 JJefferson Dropped to waivers for TreQuan Smith WR NO
9/25 I added JJefferson and dropped K Dan Bailey

League Trade:
Dk Metcalf
Russell Gage
2021 1st for

MThomas
JHurts
I read this whole post.

joking.

Mayfield
Rosen
LJAX
JAllen

I grabbed C Kirk,

Notable Drops by others:
+CSutton,
-Clement + PLindsay
-IDP, + AEkeler,

I gave him

I received:
ZEKE RB DAL

Next day, I traded
RB DHenry
TE Eifert for

TE Kelce,
WR Q Enunwa,
2019 3rd pick.

9/21/2018

Other Add/Drops
Andy Dalton, + and _
Ron Jones

EEngram

2019 Draft Results:
1st
KMurray
Josh Jacobs
Dwayne Haskin
Marquise Brown
Ryan Switzer !
Delanie Walker !
Enunwa
Darrell Henderson

2nd
DMontgomery
Mark Andrews
DK Metcalf
DFunchess
CHyde
Dissley
Hockenson
CLE DEF
Pass.

3rd
Irv Smith JR
Fant
AJBrown
Deebo Samuel
Miles Sanders

4th notables
Mecole Hardman
Parris Campbell
Why?

Mayfield
Rosen
LJAX
JAllen

I grabbed C Kirk,

Notable Drops by others:
+CSutton,
-Clement + PLindsay
-IDP, + AEkeler,

I gave him

I received:
ZEKE RB DAL

Next day, I traded
RB DHenry
TE Eifert for

TE Kelce,
WR Q Enunwa,
2019 3rd pick.

9/21/2018

Other Add/Drops
Andy Dalton, + and _
Ron Jones

EEngram

2019 Draft Results:
1st
KMurray
Josh Jacobs
Dwayne Haskin
Marquise Brown
Ryan Switzer !
Delanie Walker !
Enunwa
Darrell Henderson

2nd
DMontgomery
Mark Andrews
DK Metcalf
DFunchess
CHyde
Dissley
Hockenson
CLE DEF
Pass.

3rd
Irv Smith JR
Fant
AJBrown
Deebo Samuel
Miles Sanders

4th notables
Mecole Hardman
Parris Campbell
Why?
Johnny U. My reply was to OP... Just tracing back origins of roster/value. Sometimes we forget that Mahomes/Allen/Lamar Jackson were FA pick Ups in our league. Or the Can't Miss guy was a miss guy and we don't always know. I use a spread sheet to track league activity year to year. In Trade negotiations: When someone says their 1st rounder is worth more than XYZ..... I can show them perhaps on one or maybe several occasions how they actually viewed their pick...."I'm doing you a favor by taking your 1st round for fair market value before you do something foolish like you did in 2019...2022.... etc..." =)

Mayfield
Rosen
LJAX
JAllen

I grabbed C Kirk,

Notable Drops by others:
+CSutton,
-Clement + PLindsay
-IDP, + AEkeler,

I gave him

I received:
ZEKE RB DAL

Next day, I traded
RB DHenry
TE Eifert for

TE Kelce,
WR Q Enunwa,
2019 3rd pick.

9/21/2018

Other Add/Drops
Andy Dalton, + and _
Ron Jones

EEngram

2019 Draft Results:
1st
KMurray
Josh Jacobs
Dwayne Haskin
Marquise Brown
Ryan Switzer !
Delanie Walker !
Enunwa
Darrell Henderson

2nd
DMontgomery
Mark Andrews
DK Metcalf
DFunchess
CHyde
Dissley
Hockenson
CLE DEF
Pass.

3rd
Irv Smith JR
Fant
AJBrown
Deebo Samuel
Miles Sanders

4th notables
Mecole Hardman
Parris Campbell
Why?
Johnny U. My reply was to OP... Just tracing back origins of roster/value. Sometimes we forget that Mahomes/Allen/Lamar Jackson were FA pick Ups in our league. Or the Can't Miss guy was a miss guy and we don't always know. I use a spread sheet to track league activity year to year. In Trade negotiations: When someone says their 1st rounder is worth more than XYZ..... I can show them perhaps on one or maybe several occasions how they actually viewed their pick...."I'm doing you a favor by taking your 1st round for fair market value before you do something foolish like you did in 2019...2022.... etc..." =)
Like your response, but just saying your post I replied to was a freaking book, LOL

Mayfield
Rosen
LJAX
JAllen

I grabbed C Kirk,

Notable Drops by others:
+CSutton,
-Clement + PLindsay
-IDP, + AEkeler,

I gave him

I received:
ZEKE RB DAL

Next day, I traded
RB DHenry
TE Eifert for

TE Kelce,
WR Q Enunwa,
2019 3rd pick.

9/21/2018

Other Add/Drops
Andy Dalton, + and _
Ron Jones

EEngram

2019 Draft Results:
1st
KMurray
Josh Jacobs
Dwayne Haskin
Marquise Brown
Ryan Switzer !
Delanie Walker !
Enunwa
Darrell Henderson

2nd
DMontgomery
Mark Andrews
DK Metcalf
DFunchess
CHyde
Dissley
Hockenson
CLE DEF
Pass.

3rd
Irv Smith JR
Fant
AJBrown
Deebo Samuel
Miles Sanders

4th notables
Mecole Hardman
Parris Campbell
Why?
It is a great idea, though takes a lot of effort, to log ever offer and comment made in trade negotiations. A lot of bullcrap reasoning that you can sometimes cross-examine as you mention.

Mayfield
Rosen
LJAX
JAllen

I grabbed C Kirk,

Notable Drops by others:
+CSutton,
-Clement + PLindsay
-IDP, + AEkeler,

I gave him

I received:
ZEKE RB DAL

Next day, I traded
RB DHenry
TE Eifert for

TE Kelce,
WR Q Enunwa,
2019 3rd pick.

9/21/2018

Other Add/Drops
Andy Dalton, + and _
Ron Jones

EEngram

2019 Draft Results:
1st
KMurray
Josh Jacobs
Dwayne Haskin
Marquise Brown
Ryan Switzer !
Delanie Walker !
Enunwa
Darrell Henderson

2nd
DMontgomery
Mark Andrews
DK Metcalf
DFunchess
CHyde
Dissley
Hockenson
CLE DEF
Pass.

3rd
Irv Smith JR
Fant
AJBrown
Deebo Samuel
Miles Sanders

4th notables
Mecole Hardman
Parris Campbell
Why?
It is a great idea, though takes a lot of effort, to log ever offer and comment made in trade negotiations. A lot of bullcrap reasoning that you can sometimes cross-examine as you mention.
For my league. I just log the trades. Everyone has access but or could look it up in Yahoo. But I just log stuff as I go. I log the draft results too. This way we can track who's got what regardless of the platform. It's hard seeing a path to a certain trade. But... owners are quick to overvalue. OR i can improve my draft odds by anticipating what others might do based on need. or gettig screwed up by previous. How much does previous result impact future decision type things.

This thread inspired me to track my players' origins so to speak. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex, 1 K, 1 D/ST. PPR TE premium.

FIGHT CLUB

Josh Allen – 2021 Auction $42
Jordan Love – 2023 FA Preseason
Matthew Stafford – 2023 Trade (1)
Stetson Bennett – 2023 Draft 4.05

Breece Hall – 2022 Draft 1.01
Jahmyr Gibbs - 2023 Draft 1.02
Ty Chandler – 2023 FA W11
Gus Edwards – 2023 Trade (1)
Zack Moss – 2023 FA Preseason
Kareem Hunt – 2021 Auction $25
Khalil Herbert – 2021 FA W6
Joshua Kelley – 2023 FA Preseason
Jeff Wilson – 2023 FA W14

Ja’Marr Chase – 2021 Auction $10
DK Metcalf – 2021 Auction $53
Jayden Reed – 2023 Draft 2.12
Romeo Doubs – 2022 Draft 4.02
Marquise Brown – 2021 Auction $1
Jahan Dotson – 2022 Draft 2.02
Khilil Shakir- 2023 FA W9
Tutu Atwell – 2023 FA W2
Nelson Agholor – 2023 FA W4
Christian Kirk – 2021 Auction $2

Cade Otton – 2022 FA W10
Mark Andrews – 2022 Trade (2)
Isaiah Likely – 2023 FA W15
Hayden Hurst – 2022 FA W6
Luke Schoonmaker – 2023 FA W12

Justin Tucker – 2022 Trade (2)

Colts D/ST – 2023 FA W10

Trades (I only listed the trades that netted me players still on my roster, not including picks that led to current players)

Trade #1 10/19/23

Suicide Squad gets
Justin Herbert QB

Fight Club gets
Matthew Stafford QB LAR
Gus Edwards RB BAL
2024 1st round pick 1.02
2024 2nd round pick 2.05
2024 2nd round pick 2.12

Trade #2 4/30/22

Sledge Hammer gets
Joe Burrow QB CIN
Evan Engram TE JAC
Cairo Santos K CHI
2022 1st round pick 1.02
2022 5th round pick 5.02
2022 6th round pick 6.02

Fight Club gets
Baker Mayfield QB TB
Mark Andrews TE BAL
Justin Tucker K BAL
2022 1st round pick 1.01 (led to Breece Hall)
2022 4th round pick 4.01 (led to Cade Otton)
-----------------------------
My takeaways
* Out of 30 players (including IR), only 6 are remnants from the initial 2021 auction. Only one of these is an RB, who happens to sit 6th on the depth chart.
* Other than Stetson Bennett who spent all year on IR and didn't take up a roster spot, I have traded or released every player I have drafted in the 3rd round or later except for Romeo Doubs.
* 11 current players were FA acquisitions (this includes Khalil Shakir and Cade Otton, whom I drafted, cut and reacquired).

This thread inspired me to track my players' origins so to speak. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex, 1 K, 1 D/ST. PPR TE premium.

FIGHT CLUB

Tutu Atwell – 2023 FA W2

Cade Otton – 2022 FA W10

Colts D/ST – 2023 FA W10

Trades (I only listed the trades that netted me players still on my roster, not including picks that led to current players)

Trade #1 10/19/23

Suicide Squad gets
Justin Herbert QB

Fight Club gets
Matthew Stafford QB LAR
Gus Edwards RB BAL
2024 1st round pick 1.02
2024 2nd round pick 2.05
2024 2nd round pick 2.12

Trade #2 4/30/22

Sledge Hammer gets
Joe Burrow QB CIN
Evan Engram TE JAC
Cairo Santos K CHI
2022 1st round pick 1.02
2022 5th round pick 5.02
2022 6th round pick 6.02

Fight Club gets
Baker Mayfield QB TB
Mark Andrews TE BAL
Justin Tucker K BAL
My takeaways
* Out of 30 players (including IR), only 6 are remnants from the initial 2021 auction. Only one of these is an RB, who happens to sit 6th on the depth chart.
* Other than Stetson Bennett who spent all year on IR and didn't take up a roster spot, I have traded or released every player I have drafted in the 3rd round or later except for Romeo Doubs.
* 11 current players were FA acquisitions (this includes Khalil Shakir and Cade Otton, whom I drafted, cut and reacquired).
Who was able to grab Nacua? LaPorta, Kincaid. I like that you have schoonmaker few are up on him
I'm not in bid leagues. The activity you're doing should keep you young and competitive. I heard Bennett was in rehab or should've been. Hopefully healthy choices for him to rebuild. Does anyone have Chad Kelly? Waldman likes him. He's still in Canada and staying in his lane, grounded. Would only go to NFL for right healthy situation.

Do you players like $53 DKM mean he costs you that every year?

FIGHT CLUB

Tutu Atwell – 2023 FA W2

Cade Otton – 2022 FA W10

Colts D/ST – 2023 FA W10

Trade #1 10/19/23

Suicide Squad gets
Justin Herbert QB

Fight Club gets
Matthew Stafford QB LAR
Gus Edwards RB BAL
2024 1st round pick 1.02
2024 2nd round pick 2.05
2024 2nd round pick 2.12

Trade #2 4/30/22

Sledge Hammer gets
Joe Burrow QB CIN
Evan Engram TE JAC
Cairo Santos K CHI
2022 1st round pick 1.02
2022 5th round pick 5.02
2022 6th round pick 6.02

Fight Club gets
Baker Mayfield QB TB
Mark Andrews TE BAL
Justin Tucker K BAL
My takeaways
Who was able to grab Nacua? LaPorta, Kincaid. I like that you have schoonmaker few are up on him
I'm not in bid leagues. The activity you're doing should keep you young and competitive. I heard Bennett was in rehab or should've been. Hopefully healthy choices for him to rebuild. Does anyone have Chad Kelly? Waldman likes him. He's still in Canada and staying in his lane, grounded. Would only go to NFL for right healthy situation.

Do you players like $53 DKM mean he costs you that every year?
I've got Bennett on IR, so he's not taking up an active roster spot.

Chad Kelly is unclaimed right now.

So our startup auction was a one time event, with rookie drafts every year after that. The auction values ceased to have meaning for league purposes once the auction was complete. Metcalf now costs no more to keep than any other (non-IR) player.

I haven't tracked mine but I know that a ton of value went out the window in drops and trades I declined that would have been good trades. On the flip, it seems like I've picked up a fair bit of value in ww pickups or fcfs pickups. I remember my very first FCFS post draft I whiffed on the guy I was targeting (another manager picked him up quicker than I could) and Pacheco was one of my consolation prize. Giggity. Kyren Williams- ww pickup for free in one league. Puka was a late 3rd or maybe 4th round pick in another. I've benefited from those things but let's be real, a lot of luck was involved in those situations. The list of guys I missed on is LONG but I cant' imagine anyone has a very short list.

Total of 4 league years of experience so not an experienced dynasty player by any stretch but the randomness of which players lose or gain value is pretty wild.

I wish I could trace my team back, but our league is 30 years old so is no way to trace everything going back to the days of the newspaper, paper and pencil scoring.
So your dynasty league has been continuous for 30 years? That's crazy. Has there ever been any talk about a reset along the way? Our dynasty league has been going for 19 years and even though I just won the league and have a solid foundation moving forward I kind of want a reset to be able to take the 19 years of experience and put it into a startup draft under our format. I have been trying to propose a random reset of some kind the past few years and we have had enough votes twice but then had one or two owners threaten to quit if we did that so it was overturned both times.

Essentially, I was just wondering if your league has had and discussion regarding a reset after 30 years.

I wish I could trace my team back, but our league is 30 years old so is no way to trace everything going back to the days of the newspaper, paper and pencil scoring.
So your dynasty league has been continuous for 30 years? That's crazy. Has there ever been any talk about a reset along the way? Our dynasty league has been going for 19 years and even though I just won the league and have a solid foundation moving forward I kind of want a reset to be able to take the 19 years of experience and put it into a startup draft under our format. I have been trying to propose a random reset of some kind the past few years and we have had enough votes twice but then had one or two owners threaten to quit if we did that so it was overturned both times.

Essentially, I was just wondering if your league has had and discussion regarding a reset after 30 years.
We have not had the talk of a full reset. All 14 were fairly competitive this year. The last week of the season we had 5 teams battling for the last 2 spots.

Probably 15+ years ago we expanded from 12 to 14 teams and had a 5 player keeper that led to an expansion draft of 5 rounds for the 2 new teams before we drafted the rest of our teams, but other than that there has been no talk of a reset.

We have not had the talk of a full reset. All 14 were fairly competitive this year. The last week of the season we had 5 teams battling for the last 2 spots.

Probably 15+ years ago we expanded from 12 to 14 teams and had a 5 player keeper that led to an expansion draft of 5 rounds for the 2 new teams before we drafted the rest of our teams, but other than that there has been no talk of a reset.
My desire for a reset really doesn't have to do with a competitive balance type of thing. It has more to do with having experience with our league 20 years in that we didn't have when we started (it was the first IDP, salary cap, SF, dynasty format) all of us had ever been in. There were a lot of learning curves at different rates over the years. It would be interesting to start over with what everyone now knows with a clean slate.

it's more for something new and a different challenge.

Users who are viewing this thread