What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade Advice 2015 (1 Viewer)

Who would you rather have for 2016 and 17? Ellsbury or Mookie or Pederson?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Ellsbury is going to be 32 next year while the other two will still be closer to 20 than 30.

yea, that is a sweet deal. I've been trying to trade Gordon but nobody is biting. 2B isn't quite he dumpster fire that I wish it was.

Im trying to form an offer and want to know if it's fair/something I should do. The team I'd offer to has expressed interest in SP and he's pubting saves as Allen is his only closer.

12 teams

R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, SLG

L, ERA, WHIP, K/9, Quality Starts, Net Saves

C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, Of, Of, Of, Util, Util

SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, P

Gattis, Rizzo, Pedroia, Machado, Maikel, Longo, Starlin, Adam Jones, Cargo, Marte, Soler, Gose, Hamilton

Cole, Arrieta, Keuchel, Tyson Ross, Jesse Chavez, Hector Santiago, Chase Anderson, Tanner Roark, Mike Bulsinger, Corbin (DL), Grilli, Krod, Ziegler

I'm thinking of offering something like Keuchel, Cargo and Bulsinger for Joc and Cody Allen. Thoughts?

AL only keeper, H2H points, offered Carrasco and Eduardo Rodriguez for Kluber. Gotta pull that trigger right?

Is Gomez, Desmond, Hamels enough for Trout in a short term keeper league? Trout can be kept for two

more years while the other guys contracts all expire this year. Im 2-7 and basically playing for next year now.

Is Gomez, Desmond, Hamels enough for Trout in a short term keeper league? Trout can be kept for two

more years while the other guys contracts all expire this year. Im 2-7 and basically playing for next year now.
guess it wasnt enough because it was rejected. So i sent the same exact offer to another team for stanton and it was immediately accepted!

Too much for Stanton. Not enough for Trout.
It seems weird in a game dominated by lists, but in this case #1 is worth way, way more than players in the 2-5 range. I don't think you did badly though if those guys were short term deals anyway.

So, my pitching has been awful this season. My hitting has been great. Currently in second place despite my 3.97 ERA and 1.25 WHIP. It's about that time bottom-tier teams start making offers for keeper-eligible players. I've been trying to make a deal for Chris Sale, and finally got a decent offer out there (the guy I'm dealing with is notorious. He loves trading, but will throw out ridiculous offers constantly.) Anyway, here's the deal:

He gives:

Chris Sale

Adam Jones

Neither is keeper eligible

I give:

Corey Kluber (3 more years eligible)

Corey Dickerson (3 more years eligible)

I love Kluber. Hate to give him up, but I do have Arrieta and his 4 years of eligibility, and so many solid keepers on offense that there's no way I'll be able to keep two pitchers. What do you guys think?

That's kind of what I'm thinking. Sale isn't enough of an upgrade ROS, and I'm already way behind on innings, so I'd arguably be putting myself even further into a hole. He's also got Strasburg and T Ross. Maybe replace Adam Jones with one of those two? I'm definitely playing for this season after finished second the last two, and even without Kluber and Dickerson, I'm well positioned on keepers for next year. Strasburg worries me for the obvious reasons. I've really liked Ross the last couple seasons. Appreciate the feedback!

If your keepers are so good on offense, counter with a keepable hitter for Sale. Who you got?
Correa

Souza

Dee Gordon

JD Mart

Marte

ARod

Devon Travis

Dickerson

Moss

We keep 6, and I'd probably keep Kluber again. And maybe Arrieta. I'm definitely keeper-heavy right now, but I'm hesitant to deal just because I "have to" unload.

The problem is that offense is a logjam right now. I'm leading most cats right now, but not by much. Guy who was neck-and-neck with me traded JUpton for Kershaw a couple weeks ago and has been fading fast. I don't want to make the same mistake. Also, I've had great luck finding pitching over the years.

Further complicating matters is that the guy who has Scherzer, Price and Grienke (none keeper eligible) is in 2nd to last yet doesn't want to trade anything. Not sure if he's just stupid or stubborn or if he's holding out for a ridiculous offer. Basically those guys and Sale are the only SP1s that are trade-able right now.

Ya tough call. I originally was going to push for more of a Marte for Sale type deal, but now that we know more info the first deal makes a little more sense. You're barely ahead in offense and have at least a couple big over performers to this point. That changes things.

I take it that Adam Jones is this guys best expiring hitter?

I wouldn't hate the 1st deal now, but I might still prefer to give up 2 hitters. Do you even have the option you think of more of a Marte/Dickerson or Souza/Dickerson type deal?

Start one SS, three OF, two util, two SP, four P league.

OBP, SLG, r, hr, RBi, SB

QS, L, k9, era, whip, net saves

Have two potential deals being discussed, wanted to see which would be better.

Cargo for Jose Reyes

Cargo and Keuchel for Tulo and a lesser SP (maybe Fiers)

The first deal he's more or les agreed to assuming cargo makes it thru the weekend healthy. The second he's considering but I think considering Keuchels recent dominant performance he'd do it.

My current SS eligible players: Starlin and Duffy

OF: Adam Jones, Marte, Cargo, Grichuk, Pillar, Soler, Josh Hamilton

SP: Keuchel, Cole, Arrieta, Tyson Ross, Jesse Chavez, Hector Santiago, Vince Velasquez, Corbin

What is K Bryant's trade value in a 12 team roto keeper league?

Our rules would allow me to keep him for, at the very minimum, the next four years

I'm near the top of the standings and am getting daily offers from teams looking to add keepers going forward.

Joc Pedersons name has come up, and is keepable the next 5 years....but would leave me without a 3b

Our rules would allow me to keep him for, at the very minimum, the next four years

I'm near the top of the standings and am getting daily offers from teams looking add keepers going forward.

Joc Pedersons name has come up, and is keepable the next 5 years....but would leave me without a 3b
If you don't have a plan b at 3b I'd need blown away to move him before February.

Start one SS, three OF, two util, two SP, four P league.

OBP, SLG, r, hr, RBi, SB

QS, L, k9, era, whip, net saves

Have two potential deals being discussed, wanted to see which would be better.

Cargo for Jose Reyes

Cargo and Keuchel for Tulo and a lesser SP (maybe Fiers)

The first deal he's more or les agreed to assuming cargo makes it thru the weekend healthy. The second he's considering but I think considering Keuchels recent dominant performance he'd do it.

My current SS eligible players: Starlin and Duffy

OF: Adam Jones, Marte, Cargo, Grichuk, Pillar, Soler, Josh Hamilton

SP: Keuchel, Cole, Arrieta, Tyson Ross, Jesse Chavez, Hector Santiago, Vince Velasquez, Corbin
Think I'd go with deal A. Either guy could get hurt and both are hitting well right now, but I guess Reyes fills more of a need. Don't see the need to cannibalize your pitching for Tulo, who's being rested a lot.

I'm near the top of the standings and am getting daily offers from teams looking to add keepers going forward.

Bryant is worth a lot more than Joc. I can't imagine trading him. Maybe for something like 2 top 15 players with a yr+ left? Set the price ridiculously high and keep him if you can't get it.

What if he needs to trade Bryant to win this year?
I'm not trading him unless I get a huge offer.

What makes you think I need to move him?

My team has Power, Speed, and Pitching..............it might not be a sexy team, but it's well rounded.

Users who are viewing this thread