What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade advice? (1 Viewer)

Which would you prefer?

• Randy Moss and the 7th round pick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reggie Wayne and Zach Thomas

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ted the Caver

Footballguy
IDP dynasty league where we have a salary cap for keepers and each player's salary is based on their total points the previous season. We start 3 WRs and 4 LBs. 1 point per reception, 1 per 10 yards, 6 for TD, -3 for fumble. 2 for tackle, .5 for assist, 3 for turnover plus yardage, 1 for sack plus yardage.Current WRs: Randy Moss, Larry Fitzgerald, Bobby Engram, Reggie Brown, Mike Williams, Michael ClaytonCurrent LBs: Jonathan Vilma, Antonio Pierce, Ray Lewis, Gary Brackett, Lofa Tatupu, Ian Gold, Boss Bailey, Barrett RuudI'm 7-2, leading the league in scoring, and the current top seed so I'm making a serious title push. I was offered Reggie Wayne (#15 WR) and Zach Thomas (#1 LB) for Randy Moss (#24 WR) and my 7th round pick. I think I'll take it but wanted to get a sanity check.Thanks!

sure, zach thomas is great this season, but how much would he improve your starting LB's? moss having a "down" year will help you next season becasue he'll cost less money than wayne and he's a much better player to have either way. wayne is a free agent and could end up in a poor situationi do understand the title push, but moss is playing and should get a bit better each week. i understand the trade and wouldn't blame you for doing it, but i'd stand pat myself. next year you'll regret making this move

sure, zach thomas is great this season, but how much would he improve your starting LB's?  moss having a "down" year will help you next season becasue he'll cost less money than wayne and he's a much better player to have either way.  wayne is a free agent and could end up in a poor situation

i do understand the title push, but moss is playing and should get a bit better each week.  i understand the trade and wouldn't blame you for doing it, but i'd stand pat myself.  next year you'll regret making this move
Thanks! I may back out now, those are good points. Especially Wayne being a free agnet next year, I was unaware of that. I'm just worried that after the last couple seasons Moss will have a hard time staying healthy.If I did get Thomas, he would start over Lofa Tatupu while Ray Lewis is hurt and over Gary Brackett once Lewis comes back. Thomas is averaging 20.75 points, Tatupu 11.75, and Brackett 13.12. So it would be about 9 points a game advantage while Ray is out, then about 7 after...

I don't know if this makes a difference, but the other owner is a division rival and defending champ. I'm currently 2 games ahead of him, he beat me when we played, and we play again in a couple weeks. I'm not giving him a LB in return so he'd be taking a hit there...

Last edited by a moderator:
I play in an IDP league and have Thomas as well. He has been a big part of my 8-1 record. I had Vilma at the beginning of the year and let him go. I've been kicking myself in the butt ever since. :wall: For the opportunity to start Vilma and Thomas together I would take this trade in a heartbeat. Plus, you get what I would have to think is your rival's best IDP away from him. While it's important to look to next year, your still trying to win this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
IDP dynasty league where we have a salary cap for keepers and each player's salary is based on their total points the previous season. We start 3 WRs and 4 LBs. 1 point per reception, 1 per 10 yards, 6 for TD, -3 for fumble. 2 for tackle, .5 for assist, 3 for turnover plus yardage, 1 for sack plus yardage.

Current WRs: Randy Moss, Larry Fitzgerald, Bobby Engram, Reggie Brown, Mike Williams, Michael Clayton

Current LBs: Jonathan Vilma, Antonio Pierce, Ray Lewis, Gary Brackett, Lofa Tatupu, Ian Gold, Boss Bailey, Barrett Ruud

I'm 7-2, leading the league in scoring, and the current top seed so I'm making a serious title push. I was offered Reggie Wayne (#15 WR) and Zach Thomas (#1 LB) for Randy Moss (#24 WR) and my 7th round pick. I think I'll take it but wanted to get a sanity check.

Thanks!
A guy in my league is trying to dump Reggie Wayne too for one simple reason. The Colts won't have anything to play for in weeks 16-17 and potentially 15 as well (unless the are undefeated). I could easily see the starters playing 2 quarters and then coming out...Not sure if the owner is thinking that far ahead, but its something you should think about before making the deal.

Users who are viewing this thread