What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade Lamar Jackson for Derek Henry?? Please HELP!!! (1 Viewer)

mikeb1975

Footballguy
10-team non-PPR keeper/redraft league, start 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF, 6 pt passing/rushing/receiving TDs, 1 pt per 50 passing yards, 1 pt per 20 rushing/receiving/return yards.

I need a quality #2 RB and have Deshaun Watson as my other QB.  Would you make this trade?  If not, what about Chris Carson, David Johnson or Aaron Jones?  All four seem to be very similar but Jackson is the #1 ranked player in my league currently and I can't shake the feeling that i'd not be getting enough value for Jackson should I trade for one of those four guys.  PLEASE HELP!!

Current roster is as follows:

QBs

Deshaun Watson

Lamar Jackson

RBs

Christian McCaffery

Joe Mixon

Miles Sanders

Rashaad Penny

Alexander Mattison

WRs

Tyler Lockett

Mecole Hardman

Marquis Brown

D.J. Moore

Courtland Sutton

Last edited by a moderator:
In the current QB landscape (with all the injuries) Jackson is a gem. As a Jackson owner, I’d only flip him for David Johnson in that scenario. It’d be better if it was PPR but at least Johnson still gets thrown the ball that could lead to TD’s = more opportunity and ROI.

I think (barring injury) Jackson will be a Top 3/min Top 5 QB at the end of the season though his schedule does start getting more difficult but it’ll get colder and he’ll rely more on his feet, which he has no problem doing.

I like Henry but don’t trust the Titans, and I don’t trust Carson or Jones not to split work and turn into a committee. Johnson definitely offers the most value IMO. Worst case, trade for Johnson and see if you can then use him for another trade or see if they’ll take Watson for a Carson/Henry.

I would probably do it for DJ but not Carson or Henry.  For some reason I don't trust the Titans and DJ seems like he's going to be involved all year. I think DJ will also hold a little more trade value if you attempt to trade him later.

Thanks for answering my question.

I agree with the others who say Carson. I'm a Henry owner, but the problem with him is lack of involvement in the passing game. You have that with Carson. As far as value to Jackson, you're in a 10-team league, and QB is such a deep position, he doesn't carry the value that you think. You may need to throw in a Sanders with Lamar to get Carson, believe it or not.

Users who are viewing this thread