What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade proposal (1 Viewer)

Tackierfern

Footballguy
Hi all,

Looking for opinions on this trade. League is a dynasty with 31 roster slots, so there's nothing on the waiver wire, 10 teams. 1 pt PPR (1.5 TE PPR), 1QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLX, 1 SFLX.

I would get:
Miles Sanders
Allen Lazard

I would give:
James Connor

Other notes
- I am very much in the position of pushing for a championship this year, rather than building, but my instinct is actually still to go for it here.
- My current RBs: Derrick Henry, James Connor, David Montgomery, Devin Singletary, Cam Akers. Dontrell Hilliard
- Current WRs: Deebo Samuel, Brandin Cooks, Devonta Smith, Tyler Lockett, DeAndre Hopkins, Odell Beckham, a slew of other ok guys
- TEs - Kyle Pitts, Zach Ertz

I would accept the deal, but I would have some minor concerns. Lazard is currently hurt (shoulder) and the situation is unclear. Also, the packer offense currently has some question marks. This year, I would probably swap Sanders straight up for Conner, but I am also aware that Conner sometimes has a reputation of struggling with injury, and his fantasy football value can be very streaky. Last year Conner did score well, but he was considered TD dependent.

Sanders just had his bye in week seven, so he doesn't require a bye week fill in this season, Conner has his bye in week 13.

Like I said, I would do the deal, but I would also have some minor concerns, but you have to give up something to get something. Philly also appears to be an up and coming team, and this year, Sanders. usually gets a good percentage of RB snaps.

Hope this helps.

Like I said, I would do the deal, but I would also have some minor concerns, but you have to give up something to get something.
What are the concerns? Sanders is >>>>>>> Conner this year. You really aren't giving up anything to get better.

Like I said, I would do the deal, but I would also have some minor concerns, but you have to give up something to get something.
What are the concerns? Sanders is >>>>>>> Conner this year. You really aren't giving up anything to get better.
Gally, you are evaluating this trade mainly with a short run view, and I am evaluating it from a dynasty perspective. Respectfully, you are splitting hairs here because I mainly agree with you.

The main reason I posted all that in my initial post in this thread is that I love to hear other people's opinions and the logic behind their opinions. So I shared mine in hoping it helps the OP.

Conner has had an up and down career, his last years in Pittsburgh, people were questioning if he was washed up, but he was injury riddled. Look at what Conner did last year in Arizona, both Arizona and Conner are very streaky, so it is possible Conner could out score Sanders in future ff seasons. Sanders is good, but he doesn't have a lock on the starting RB position next year in Philly. I believe this situation should be evaluated by the owners in a trade situation like this.

Gally, you are evaluating this trade mainly with a short run view, and I am evaluating it from a dynasty perspective. Respectfully, you are splitting hairs here because I mainly agree with you.

The main reason I posted all that in my initial post in this thread is that I love to hear other people's opinions and the logic behind their opinions. So I shared mine in hoping it helps the OP.

Conner has had an up and down career, his last years in Pittsburgh, people were questioning if he was washed up, but he was injury riddled. Look at what Conner did last year in Arizona, both Arizona and Conner are very streaky, so it is possible Conner could out score Sanders in future ff seasons. Sanders is good, but he doesn't have a lock on the starting RB position next year in Philly. I believe this situation should be evaluated by the owners in a trade situation like this.

I was looking at it from both views. I view Sanders as a better dynasty asset than Conner moving forward as well so no matter which way I look at it (short or long term) Sanders is >>>>> Conner (to me).

I agree with the method you are describing for evaluation. I am just more on the Sanders side regardless of which way you are looking. Because of that I don't have any concerns so I was just asking what yours were (so I could get a different view). Just trying to continue the discussion. I wasn't trying to say you were wrong to have concerns. I just wanted to know what they were. Now I know. You have more faith in Conner and less in Sanders than I do. Totally understandable.

Users who are viewing this thread