What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade target advice for upside? (1 Viewer)

mm927

Footballguy
14team ppr with 4 bench spots. Start 2rb, 2wr, flex. I'm sitting in 6th w/7th highest points–so decidedly mid-pack. Would love to workshop some thoughts about making the team better and happy to steer into some risk (team is fairly steady and hasn't had a spike week yet). I tried using the Waiver/trade tool, but player values seem far off... i.e. giving up james white and diggs for michael thomas doesn't seem like it would be great for my team long term.

QB: Fitzmagic (was starting Winston)

RB: S Michel, J White, Kerryon, J Howard

WR: K Allen, S Diggs, L Fitz, DJ Moore (Lost Will Fuller)

TE: J Doyle, Gronk

Ideally, would love to upgrade the flex, but can't deal a RB without getting something back (all waiver RB have same bye as Pats i.e. McGuire, Duke). Would you try:

1. Packaging something for Beckham and/or Fournette? I've tried Howard+Gronk and a piece for last couple of weeks w/no avail. Owner is second to last and not making too many moves.

2. Howard/Gronk for Marvin Jones and Aaron Jones/Adrian Peterson (could ask for Rivers too)? Is that an overpay? Also helps owner directly above me and I won't have a TE for this week.

3. Trade for James Connor?

Open to other ideas, but am stumped! (Sorry if this is too open-ended as well :( )

Targeting the players you have listed is fine depending on cost.  You should always look to upgrade points of weakness.  I know this isn't much help but generally going after players that help your team is always a good way to go. 

Without knowing specifics about the teams you are trying to deal with it's hard to come up with reasonable offers.  You need to know the other team's weakness to really craft a trade that makes sense to both teams.

Targeting the players you have listed is fine depending on cost.  You should always look to upgrade points of weakness.  I know this isn't much help but generally going after players that help your team is always a good way to go. 

Without knowing specifics about the teams you are trying to deal with it's hard to come up with reasonable offers.  You need to know the other team's weakness to really craft a trade that makes sense to both teams.
Thanks again!

Beckham/Fournette owner has no viable RBs (Clement, Blue, CJ Anderson), but has Cook–I'd be giving them a safe floor RB for the next 2 weeks (and overall safety given how bad Fournette's hamstring has been). Gronk's name value helps push the trade up I think.

The Aaron Jones/Marvin Jones owner has Rudolph at TE, which is their weakness as they have Saquon, Peterson, Jones, Lewis and Evans, Jones, Crowder, Robinson. Fairly sure they're targeting Gronk (and I'd like to move on from Howard). He's also holding Wilson and Rivers.

Connor's owner should be higher in the standings, but has had a brutal schedule. Kamara, Connor, Royce, Smallwood; Hopkins, Coutee, Jordy, Tate; Burton. Might not have a flex this week if Coutee/Royce can't go.

Those are probably my most realistic and willing trade partners at this time. Connor would be the prize if we ever knew what was going on w/Bell, but the other two offers are slightly safer and have some upside as well.

Users who are viewing this thread