What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade Up QB? (1 Viewer)

eighsse2

Footballguy
Important parts in bold:

12-team, 20-man, PPR, dynasty, QRRWWFKD

Pickett is my backup QB behind Hurts. Was asked what I would add to trade up my Pickett to Kyler Murray.
I don't like Pickett, would much rather have Murray, even with his current apparent blemishes. But I also feel like Pickett probably has a good hold of the job in Pittsburgh, so he might not be as bad of a fantasy asset as I feel like he is. A lot of QB's put up bad numbers as rookies. But he just didn't impress ke at all.

Anyway ... What seems fair to add to Pickett to acquire Murray? The lowest significant draft pick I have is 2.01. I think that would be too much, as I could likely get the rookie QB of my choice ... which could be even better to have than Murray. But I'm considering offering Pickett + 2.01 for Murray + 2.08.

Thoughts? Thanks!

I am not sure why you want to go after Murray other than they are inquiring about Pickett. With Hurts as your starter I would want a Cousins type as my backup. Pickett might even be an up and coming version of that. I don't want to spend any real assets for my backup QB but want a consistent back end QB1 type that can weather a storm if Hurts is out a couple weeks. Murray is too much of an injury risk that I wouldn't seek him out as a back up in your situation.

I am not sure why you want to go after Murray other than they are inquiring about Pickett. With Hurts as your starter I would want a Cousins type as my backup. Pickett might even be an up and coming version of that. I don't want to spend any real assets for my backup QB but want a consistent back end QB1 type that can weather a storm if Hurts is out a couple weeks. Murray is too much of an injury risk that I wouldn't seek him out as a back up in your situation.
Makes sense. But ... You would consider Pickett a back end QB1? .... I feel like back end QB2.

Makes sense. But ... You would consider Pickett a back end QB1? .... I feel like back end QB2.
I don't think he is right now but there is a path where he could be at some point. I have no idea if he can get there or not and don't have a problem moving on from him. Murray just wouldn't be my target.

I don't think he is right now but there is a path where he could be at some point. I have no idea if he can get there or not and don't have a problem moving on from him. Murray just wouldn't be my target.
I see, I see. Makes sense. Thanks, Gally, always good input.

In a 1QB league, I wouldn't trade assets for your backup QB. I think you'd be better off going with a cheaper (and more consistent) option than Murray (like Gally said). However, maybe the other owner has soured on Murray and you could get a steep discount? If not, I'd be looking at other options.

In a 1QB league, I wouldn't trade assets for your backup QB. I think you'd be better off going with a cheaper (and more consistent) option than Murray (like Gally said). However, maybe the other owner has soured on Murray and you could get a steep discount? If not, I'd be looking at other options.
Yeah I guess that's kind of what I was looking for. Like, Murray overall is a better asset than Pickett, I would think, right? If you weigh all the floors and ceilings and such. But I can see where Pickett could be a more reliable option to fall back on if need be. I feel like #13 down to #20 is around appropriate, but you guys are probably right, it's just not the right move for where I'm at. But if he wanted next to nothing in addition to Pickett, I'd have to go for that.

Users who are viewing this thread