What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Quarterback Change? (1 Viewer)

jmble

Footballguy
My team is 3-1 despite terrible play at Quarterback.

I'm in a keeper league, but not all players are keepable. I have Trevor Lawrence who is not keepable, and Kenny Pickett and Bryce Young who are both keepable.

On the wire are Geno Smith, Kyler Murray, Sam Howell, Baker Mayfield, Mac Jones, Jimmy Garoppolo, Ryan Tannehill, Desmond Ridder, and Joshua Dobbs.

All TDs are worth six points.

Should I hold on to all 3 and assume Lawrence is going to get better? Or should I drop somebody and pick up one of the available QBs. All of the QBs listed can be kept. I feel like dropping Pickett for either Geno or Murray is probably the right answer. Neither will help me next week, but both could give me a chance to improve as the season goes on if Lawrence doesn't start putting up numbers. I probably don't need both Bryce Young and Kenny Pickett as keepers. Thoughts?

My team is 3-1 despite terrible play at Quarterback.

I'm in a keeper league, but not all players are keepable. I have Trevor Lawrence who is not keepable, and Kenny Pickett and Bryce Young who are both keepable.

On the wire are Geno Smith, Kyler Murray, Sam Howell, Baker Mayfield, Mac Jones, Jimmy Garoppolo, Ryan Tannehill, Desmond Ridder, and Joshua Dobbs.

All TDs are worth six points.

Should I hold on to all 3 and assume Lawrence is going to get better? Or should I drop somebody and pick up one of the available QBs. All of the QBs listed can be kept. I feel like dropping Pickett for either Geno or Murray is probably the right answer. Neither will help me next week, but both could give me a chance to improve as the season goes on if Lawrence doesn't start putting up numbers. I probably don't need both Bryce Young and Kenny Pickett as keepers. Thoughts?
This is a tough call.
Normally in a keeper format, Lawrence would be a guy I'd tell you to keep. But if you actually cannot keep Trevor Lawrence you need a succession plan.
Pickett has been ok but I think when he fully develops he may put up numbers similar to Geno Smith. as Lawrence isnt performing at the moment you need someone who can step in and play immediately if he doesnt turn it around. so I'd probably dump Pickett and grab Geno.

Lawrence is a guy who I'd like to think will turn it around so I wouldnt go dumping him quite yet but you do need to plan for the possibility that that does not happen.
Thats where Geno comes in.

Users who are viewing this thread