What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade up to 1.1? (1 Viewer)

pkroper22

Footballguy
Play in an 8-team dynasty PPR league (IDP's as well, but not needed for this scenario). Start 2 QB/1 RB/1 WR/3 Flex (RB/WR/TE). Contemplating trying to make a move up to 1.1.

Most rosters are loaded (8-team league). I've got Ken Walker III, but Seattle drafting Charbonnet has got me a little uneasy. I also have Tyreek Hill, who has said he plans on retiring after the 2025 season. Figure he'll eventually start giving way to Waddle and don't trust the QB situation there with Tua's health. Would packaging those two while their value is still decent for 1.1 (Robinson) be worth a try? Would that be too much or not enough? I'm a little light at RB but have some good depth at WR. OR, should I stand pat with what I've got?

Other owner holds the 1.1 and 1.2 picks and is very weak at WR.

Current Roster:
QB: L. Jackson, P. Mahomes, J. Love, R. Tannehill, G Minshew
RB: K. Walker, J Mixon, AJ Dillon, CEH, D Foreman, D Harris, A Mattson, S Perine, Z White
WR: D Adams, T Hill, AJ Brown, J Jeudy, C Olave, R Doubs, J Metchie, E Moore, J Ross, K Shakir
TE: TJ Hockensen, T McBride

2023 picks 1.7 (#7), 2.1 (#9), 2.7 (#15), 4.7 (#31)

TIA

I would rather target the Miller, Archane, Charbs, Roschon, Evans, Brown, Bigsby, Spears type guys and load up on them. YOu need a lot of help at RB at this point so one guy isn't going to make a difference.

You could try Tyreek, Jeudy and 1.07 and see what he says. I wouldn't give up on Walker quite yet.

I would rather target the Miller, Archane, Charbs, Roschon, Evans, Brown, Bigsby, Spears type guys and load up on them. YOu need a lot of help at RB at this point so one guy isn't going to make a difference.

You could try Tyreek, Jeudy and 1.07 and see what he says. I wouldn't give up on Walker quite yet.
I reached out to the owner of the 1.01 and 1.02 picks. To my surpise, it sounds like he isn't going to take Robinson with either pick. Stated he needs QB and LB. Will probably have to wait until draft day, but I may be able to strike a deal for that #2 pick for a cheaper price.

Normally I would say 100% get Bijan for those two guys. But given that you can play a 1RB 4WR/TE set ... I think I like where you sit currently. But still hard to say no to Robinson ... Tough call, but I would probably stand pat.

Keep KW unless you don't like the risk. He's elite and you want elite players with your league settings.
You're loaded at QB1-2.
I like thoughts behind trading THill while there's still meat on the bones. I don't see his value getting higher. Let someone enjoy it.
For QB MIA.... monitor Skylar Thompson as a backup to Tua should he get hurt. TUA has bulked up. I own Tua, Waddle, Skylar and have monitored this.
Eli Higgins is TE to monitor as well.

I think paying for Bijan Robinson makes sense. Elite RB in good situation not recovering from injury. There's still risk reward there. When has an RB1 repeated in Top 5 consistently for multiple years? Always seems like they're getting hurt.

It's interesting that owner is not taking one of the top 2 players in the draft if not the top player in the draft with the top 2 picks.
What's he trying to do? IF you can help him maybe you can help yourself? If he told you this information. Did he tell anyone else? The value for #3 pick just went up. Does this guy even know it?

Let's say #1 is Anthony Richardson. Is he going: Gibbs? Bryce Young? CJ Stroud? Jaxson Smith Njigba? Zay Flowers? J Addison?
If he's weak at WR he might be taking JSN who won't fall to round 2. Which means it would make sense for him to trade down or get a comparable WR value place holder and get a later pick for solid tier talent with upside.

I suggest you acquire the #2 pick on the condition you draft Bijan Robinson making sure he knows his player be available.
OR
You create a Draft/Trade. Where he takes bijan #2 and trades him immediately.

Players you'll want to target... I think GALLY has excellent point about targeting lower ranked RBs with picks you have:

1 Bijan
2 Arichardson
3 Bryce young
4 JSN
5 Dalton Kincaid
6 Gibbs,
7. Stroud
8. Zay Flowers
9. J Addison
10 Tyjae Spears
11. SLaporta
12. QJohnston
13. MMins
14 J Reed
15. ZEvans
16. Charbonnet
17. KMiller
18. C Tillman

Players to watch: Tiyon Evans, Chase Brown CIN.
Schoonmaker could be better TE 2 if not LaPorta, Eli Higgins or others.

Immediate...I don't think you need Bijan. Long term I think he'd help you out. Consider buying Russ Wilson, Geno Smith low. Maybe ARodgers for insurance at QB3. JLOVE will be ??? Team not that rad at the moment. Hopefully pleasant surprise.

Feel free to answer my Q if you can... Appreciate it

Users who are viewing this thread