What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trading pick 1.02 revisted - new offer (1 Viewer)

willjohnson33

Footballguy
Ok, thanks for all the responses from everyone on my first post. I just received an offer this morning of Kerney/L.Fletcher/1.06 for Brees/1.02I will now post my whole roster but again this is 12 team dynasty and I believe I am set at WR and QB and DB. I am very weak at DL and LB really makes me nervous. Obviously for RB I pray that Portis/Barber last or that one of the others becomes a starter (Wells or Rhodes) due to injury.Starting requirementsQB/RB/WRx3/TE/FLEX/PK - (basically 2RB/3WR but if nec. RB/4WR is avail)DLx2 LBx2 DBx2 and 2 Flex (most go with 4LB/2DB but sometimes 3/3)DBK.Kennedy/K.Hamlin/T.Kiel/S.Knight/B.Sanders/E.ColemanDLG.Ellis/T.Brayton/R.ColemanLBN.Barnett/V.Hobson/D.Thornton/C.June/D.Williams/T.Lehman/D.Pope/P.Tinoisamo//J.Foreman/N.DiggsQBD.Brees/C.Pennington/C.PalmerRBT.Barber/C.Portis/D.Rhodes/J.Wells/J.Chatman/C.Cobbs/C.Buckhalter/M.MooreTET.Heap/B.WilliamsWRR.Moss/C.Johnson/L.Evans/J.McCareins/R.Curry/D.Henderson/C.MooreI have tried to move some of my DBs but the best offer I have been able to get is a 4th round rookie pick which just seems like too little value but maybe I am off.I am somewhat leary of the 1.06 because I would have liked to do it if i could get 1.05 since I would have gotten b.edwards.I am fairly certain the first 5 will goBrown/C.Williams/Benson/Arrington/EdwardsSo with pick 6 I probably end up with either M.Williams or T.WilliamsonI am a huge M.Williams fan and I think he is a stud but the detroit situation really sucks for him. As far as T.Williamson, I am just not sure how good he will be even though they will air it out in MIN.I'm starting to think that unless it is just an unbelievable offer, I should just keep my 1.02.Thanks

He also might be open to adding future draft picks and or a high 2nd round pick to get this done. I also have the option of trading moss for edge, so if I did this and then took williamson or williams at 1.06 and traded moss for edge then I would end up set at RB (edge and rhodes) and much stronger at LB and DL, but much weaker at WR.Thanks again

Now this trade I don't like at all. It really doesnt do enough to improve you team to make much of a difference in a title run. Keeping 1.02 is a solid move for depth this year, and to be ready for Tiki's eventual retirement to the booth. A guy like Brees is worth a high first round pick. With Palmer and Pennington, you can afford to trade him, but not in this deal.

Why would you trade a young potential All-Pro QB and 1.02 for two aging IDPs and 1.06?
That's what I see.
I guess I just value QBs alot less than most but I see your point.Thanks
You can pluck a DL from the waiver wire that will only slightly underperform Kerney every week. Fletch is old and won't outpoint Brees if he starts. 1.02 is WAY more valuable than 1.06 this year. This deal is a stinker.

Why would you trade a young potential All-Pro QB and 1.02 for two aging IDPs and 1.06?
That's what I see.
I guess I just value QBs alot less than most but I see your point.Thanks
You can pluck a DL from the waiver wire that will only slightly underperform Kerney every week. Fletch is old and won't outpoint Brees if he starts. 1.02 is WAY more valuable than 1.06 this year. This deal is a stinker.
Right. Remove Brees from the deal and it still sucks. A good thread in the Shark Pool about the value of early dynasty picks. Essentially, it's your only shot at a stud RB.

1.2 gets you a franchise back. 1.6 gets you a WR with question marks. There's a whole world of difference.

1.2 gets you a franchise back. 1.6 gets you a WR with question marks. There's a whole world of difference.
Whoa! I agree with you, but there is NO such thing as a sure draft pick, or a franchise RB. I like the big three, and don't expect any of them to fail, but..... Blair Thomas, Ron Dayne.... it happens. ANY draft pick carries risk.

Whoa! I agree with you, but there is NO such thing as a sure draft pick, or a franchise RB. I like the big three, and don't expect any of them to fail, but..... Blair Thomas, Ron Dayne.... it happens. ANY draft pick carries risk.
Sure, but the risk is greater for WRs than RBs. A 1st round WR can take years to develop, and they may never get there... think David Terrell, Koren Robinson, etc. With a 1st round RB, at least you know they're going to get the ball. Even Dayne and Thomas got the ball some their rookie years.

Stud RBs are hard to come by in dynasty leagues. Early draft picks are your best bet. You won't see them often so use them wisely.

Like I said, I don't expect any one of the big three to be a bust, but to annoint them as franchise RB's is premature. They may well be, and I expect them to be, but it's not a slam dunk. That was my point.

Like I said, I don't expect any one of the big three to be a bust, but to annoint them as franchise RB's is premature. They may well be, and I expect them to be, but it's not a slam dunk. That was my point.
And I agree, but I think it's an irrelevant point.

And I agree, but I think it's an irrelevant point.
:unsure:

No way would I make that deal. I wold not move out of 1.02 unless someone was willing to overpay. IMHO, a bad of shiny beads and 1.06 is not overpaying.

You've got nice depth everywhere, except at running back. So why trade your depth away for anything else other than RB? Other than your starting RB's, only Moore has a shot at the starting job eventually, and that's no sure thing. It seems to me that as you head into the rookie draft, running back would be the position to target.Unless you were really, really, high on someone like Shelton, you'd have to be in the top 4 to get a surefire starter. And I've seen Shelton go 1.5 as well *cough cough* :D .The other option, if you were set on making this trade, is seeing if you could move up a spot or two after making this trade. I see it as highly unlikely, but if you could squeeze a second rounder out of your intial trade partner, then move up from 1.6 to 1.4, then I could understand, but as it stands, a couple of IDP's don't make it worth losing a shot at a top rookie runner.

I would make the trade and get JJ Arrington w/ the 6th pick (assuming Benson, Brown and Caddy are gone).

I would make the trade and get JJ Arrington w/ the 6th pick (assuming Benson, Brown and Caddy are gone).
I seriously doubt you could get Arrington at 6. His ADP is 4 from nearly every draft I have come across.

Users who are viewing this thread