What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Travdogg's positional rankings from week 10 onward (1 Viewer)

travdogg

Footballguy
QB
Tier 1:
1. Josh Allen (1)
Tier 2:
2. Patrick Mahomes (3)
3. Jalen Hurts (2)
4. Joe Burrow (5)
5. Lamar Jackson (4)
Tier 3:
6. Kyler Murray (6)
7. Tua Tagovailoa (8)
8. Justin Fields (11), 4 straight top-10 weeks, and averaging 102 rushing yards per game during that stretch. Its possible if he starts connecting with Claypool, that tier 2 is in his future, as he's not that different than Lamar, just less track record.
Tier 4:
9. Geno Smith (9)
10. Justin Herbert (7), 1 good week in his last 4, and his top-2 WRs are injured and likely not that close to returning.
Tier 5:
11. Kirk Cousins (12)
12. Trevor Lawrence (15)
13. Jimmy Garoppolo (14)
14. Marcus Mariota (NR), throwing a bit more of late, and has 2 top-7 weeks in the last 4. Including 1 against this week's opponent in Carolina.
15. Tom Brady (10), too much volume to fade entirely, but 0 top-12 weeks in the last month.

Dropped off: Dak Prescott (13), the last 3 were basically toss ups, but Dak doesn't have Brady's volume, or Mariota's rushing upside, despite his TD run against the Bears. Under 30 attempts in every game so far.

RB
Tier 1:
1. Christian McCaffrey (1)
Tier 2:
2. Austin Ekeler (4)
3. Saquon Barkley (2)
Tier 3:
4. Derrick Henry (5)
5. Nick Chubb (7)
6. Kenneth Walker (9)
7. Travis Etienne (8)
8. Jonathan Taylor (6)
Tier 4:
9. Josh Jacobs (3)
10. Joe Mixon (17), I try and not let big games sway my opinion much, but Mixon didn't have a big game, he had a historic one. He's had all these chances to have big TD weeks, but had been failing. Maybe its just a situation where Carolina laid a huge egg, but its just as likely Mixon is getting set up for a hot 2nd half.
11. Dalvin Cook (15)
12. Alvin Kamara (12)
13. Rhamondre Stevenson (11)
14. Dameon Pierce (10)
15. Aaron Jones (13)
16. Leonard Fournette (16)
Tier 5:
17. Cordarrelle Patterson (NR), RB6 his 1st week back, and while that was TD dependent, Falcons are committed to running.
18. Miles Sanders (20)
19. James Conner (19)
Tier 6:
20. Jamaal Williams (28), feels like he's the starter going forward, as...
21. D'Andre Swift (14), either isn't trusted enough to stay healthy, and/or isn't healthy enough right now. Doesn't sound close to changing.
22. Ezekiel Elliott (25)
23. David Montgomery (24)
24. Najee Harris (23)
Tier 7:
25. Gus Edwards (NR), team looks more run heavy with pass catcher injuries, and defensive upgrades. Edwards>Drake in my opinion.
26. Tony Pollard (26)
27. Khalil Herbert (29)
28. Michael Carter (NR), best RB on the team in my opinion, and the Jets defense is going to prevent too many negative game scripts.
29. Devin Singletary (21), expecting Hines to take on a much bigger role and possibly make it a 50-50 backfield.
30. D'Onta Foreman (22), is a 2 down RB, which makes him a bit boom/bust, and very rough in games the Panthers fall way behind in. He's not as good as he was in week 8, but better than he was in week 9.

Dropped off: Raheem Mostert (18), suddenly in a roughly 50-50 RBBC on a pass heavy team. Melvin Gordon (27), isn't all that different than the tier 7 guys, just want to avoid a potential 3-man RBBC. Tyler Allgeier (30), still involved, but Patterson is just a much better player, and likely sees more work the further he gets from his injury.

WR
Tier 1:
1. Cooper Kupp (1)
Tier 2:
2. Stefon Diggs (2)
3. Tyreek Hill (3)
4. Justin Jefferson (4)
Tier 3:
5. Davante Adams (5)
Tier 4:
6. DeAndre Hopkins (10), has looked like his old self these last few weeks, and should have had a 2nd TD this week.
7. Ja'Marr Chase (7)
8. AJ Brown (6)
9. Jaylen Waddle (14), been a WR1 in 3 of last 4, and target concerns have faded as team has become shootout prone.
10. Tee Higgins (8)
11. Amon-Ra St. Brown (12)
12. DK Metcalf (11)
Tier 5:
13. Amari Cooper (16)
14. Mike Evans (13)
15. CeeDee Lamb (15)
Tier 6:
16. Deebo Samuel (18)
17. Chris Olave (19)
18. Tyler Lockett (17)
Tier 7:
19. Christian Kirk (38), I overreacted downgrading him last week. He's boom/bust but is also currently WR10 in PPR.
20. Terry McLaurin (22)
21. Chris Godwin (21)
Tier 8:
22. Allen Lazard (31), seemingly the only guy Rodgers really trusts at this point, and now Doubs is hurt. Low ceiling, but has 55 yards and/or a TD in every game so far.
23. Jakobi Meyers (26)
24. JuJu Smith-Schuster (25)
25. DJ Moore (24)
26. Garrett Wilson (NR), back-to-back top-15 weeks with Zach Wilson. He's clearly established himself as the #1 and has been more relied upon since Hall got hurt.
27. DeVonta Smith (20), only topped 45 yards 1 time in last 5 games. Capable of some big weeks, but has a very low floor. Did have best game against Washington, who he plays again this week, if it means anything.
28. Josh Palmer (NR), sure seems like he's gonna be the #1 WR for a bit here. Has 17 catches in his last 2 games played.
Tier 9:
29. Gabriel Davis (27)
30. Curtis Samuel (30)
31. Jerry Jeudy (33)
32. Michael Pittman (23), tempted to move him even lower, but he's too talented. Still, he's seeing mostly short looks in a horrible offense that could absolutely get a lot worse. Only saving grace could be return of Taylor making PA viable.
33. Adam Thielen (29)
34. Courtland Sutton (32)
35. Diontae Johnson (34)
Tier 10:
36. Hollywood Brown (36)
37. Mike Williams (35)
38. Rondale Moore (37)
39. Brandin Cooks (40)
40. Wan'Dale Robinson (39)

Dropped off: Keenan Allen (9), so he hurts his hammy, misses 3 games, is ready to come back, then reaggravates it, misses 3 more games, comes back, plays 1 half, then says it feels worse than ever. I don't know, maybe I'm overreacting and misreading the tea leaves, but at this point I'm expecting Williams back before Allen. Tyler Boyd (28), running game is taking TDs, and Chase may be back after the bye. If he's not Boyd still has #3 value, is possible #3 value in 2 weeks worth much?

TE
Tier 1:
1. Travis Kelce (2)
Tier 2:
2. Mark Andrews (1)
Tier 3:
3. TJ Hockenson (7)
4. Dallas Goedert (3)
5. Zach Ertz (4)
6. George Kittle (5)
7. Darren Waller (8)
8. Dalton Schultz (6)
Tier 4:
9. Taysom Hill (14), as boom/bust a player as there is at any position. There is a part of me that thinks he may start seeing more QB snaps of Dalton doesn't stop turning it over.
10. Greg Dulcich (15), the more I think about it, the more possible I think it is that he's Denver's #1 pass catcher going forward. Not sure how much that is worth but imagine saying that this offseason.
11. Pat Freiermuth (13)
12. Gerald Everett (10)
13. Kyle Pitts (11)
14. Evan Engram (12)
Tier 5:
15. Hayden Hurst (9), jumped the gun on Hurst a bit. Decent floor, but no ceiling.

I would have Everett higher, the Chargers don't seem to have WR1 and WR2 available often and certainly not at the same time.
He's been close to double digits most weeks, Top 10 TE on the season, No 7 in my league, think he's been a solid Tier 3 guy most of the season.
I have an Ertz/Everett combo in a lot of leagues, it's been pretty strong so far and I haven't felt the need to make a move for a big upgrade there.

I would have Everett higher, the Chargers don't seem to have WR1 and WR2 available often and certainly not at the same time.
He's been close to double digits most weeks, Top 10 TE on the season, No 7 in my league, think he's been a solid Tier 3 guy most of the season.
I have an Ertz/Everett combo in a lot of leagues, it's been pretty strong so far and I haven't felt the need to make a move for a big upgrade there.
I can see a case for Everett higher. I'm sort of planting a flag that Josh Plamer is going to be ahead of Everett in the pecking order, and Ekeler is ahead of both of them. Everett has a nice floor, but I'm not sure there is much upside.

For what its worth, I agree you don't need to make a move at TE, but I think Ertz is quite a bit ahead of Everett.

Njoku missing because Injury concern?
Yes. If he were fully healthy, he'd probably be around the top of tier 4.

You're on to something with Adams, personally I think things are about to get very bad in Las Vegas, this was a Playoff team last year and expectations this year were HIGH
I could explain the implosion on the horizon but it would take up a lot of real estate and in the end it would show I have a lot of hostility towards Josh McDaniels and I hope he gets what's coming to him

I would move Adams down a tier and rename Tier 4 into Tier 3

Outstanding job as always

RB
Tier 1:
Tier 2:
2. Austin Ekeler (4)
3. Saquon Barkley (2)
Tier 3:
4. Derrick Henry (5)
5. Nick Chubb (7)
6. Kenneth Walker (9)
7. Travis Etienne (8)
8. Jonathan Taylor (6)
Tier 4:
9. Josh Jacobs (3)
10. Joe Mixon (17), I try and not let big games sway my opinion much, but Mixon didn't have a big game, he had a historic one. He's had all these chances to have big TD weeks, but had been failing. Maybe its just a situation where Carolina laid a huge egg, but its just as likely Mixon is getting set up for a hot 2nd half.
11. Dalvin Cook (15)
12. Alvin Kamara (12)
14. Dameon Pierce (10)
15. Aaron Jones (13)
Tier 5:
17. Cordarrelle Patterson (NR), RB6 his 1st week back, and while that was TD dependent, Falcons are committed to running.
18. Miles Sanders (20)
19. James Conner (19)
Tier 6:
21. D'Andre Swift (14), either isn't trusted enough to stay healthy, and/or isn't healthy enough right now. Doesn't sound close to changing.
22. Ezekiel Elliott (25)
24. Najee Harris (23)
Tier 7:
25. Gus Edwards (NR), team looks more run heavy with pass catcher injuries, and defensive upgrades. Edwards>Drake in my opinion.
26. Tony Pollard (26)
27. Khalil Herbert (29)
28. Michael Carter (NR), best RB on the team in my opinion, and the Jets defense is going to prevent too many negative game scripts.
29. Devin Singletary (21), expecting Hines to take on a much bigger role and possibly make it a 50-50 backfield.
30. D'Onta Foreman (22), is a 2 down RB, which makes him a bit boom/bust, and very rough in games the Panthers fall way behind in. He's not as good as he was in week 8, but better than he was in week 9.

Dropped off: Raheem Mostert (18), suddenly in a roughly 50-50 RBBC on a pass heavy team. Melvin Gordon (27), isn't all that different than the tier 7 guys, just want to avoid a potential 3-man RBBC. Tyler Allgeier (30), still involved, but Patterson is just a much better player, and likely sees more work the further he gets from his injury.
Curious as to how the pass heavy Dolphins integrate both RB's. The stock investor in me is betting more than 50/50 on Jeff Wilson to climb into tier 7 while Mostert fills in. In fact, he's a tier 6 play this week in my hopes.

WR
Tier 1:
1. Cooper Kupp (1)
Tier 2:
2. Stefon Diggs (2)
3. Tyreek Hill (3)
4. Justin Jefferson (4)
Tier 3:
5. Davante Adams (5)
Tier 4:
6. DeAndre Hopkins (10), has looked like his old self these last few weeks, and should have had a 2nd TD this week.
7. Ja'Marr Chase (7)
8. AJ Brown (6)
9. Jaylen Waddle (14), been a WR1 in 3 of last 4, and target concerns have faded as team has become shootout prone.
10. Tee Higgins (8)
12. DK Metcalf (11)
Tier 5:
13. Amari Cooper (16)
14. Mike Evans (13)
15. CeeDee Lamb (15)
Tier 6:
16. Deebo Samuel (18)
17. Chris Olave (19)
18. Tyler Lockett (17)
Tier 7:
19. Christian Kirk (38), I overreacted downgrading him last week. He's boom/bust but is also currently WR10 in PPR.
20. Terry McLaurin (22)
21. Chris Godwin (21)
Tier 8:
22. Allen Lazard (31), seemingly the only guy Rodgers really trusts at this point, and now Doubs is hurt. Low ceiling, but has 55 yards and/or a TD in every game so far.
23. Jakobi Meyers (26)
25. DJ Moore (24)
26. Garrett Wilson (NR), back-to-back top-15 weeks with Zach Wilson. He's clearly established himself as the #1 and has been more relied upon since Hall got hurt.
27. DeVonta Smith (20), only topped 45 yards 1 time in last 5 games. Capable of some big weeks, but has a very low floor. Did have best game against Washington, who he plays again this week, if it means anything.
28. Josh Palmer (NR), sure seems like he's gonna be the #1 WR for a bit here. Has 17 catches in his last 2 games played.
Tier 9:
29. Gabriel Davis (27)
30. Curtis Samuel (30)
31. Jerry Jeudy (33)
32. Michael Pittman (23), tempted to move him even lower, but he's too talented. Still, he's seeing mostly short looks in a horrible offense that could absolutely get a lot worse. Only saving grace could be return of Taylor making PA viable.
33. Adam Thielen (29)
35. Diontae Johnson (34)
Tier 10:
36. Hollywood Brown (36)
37. Mike Williams (35)
38. Rondale Moore (37)
39. Brandin Cooks (40)

Dropped off: Keenan Allen (9), so he hurts his hammy, misses 3 games, is ready to come back, then reaggravates it, misses 3 more games, comes back, plays 1 half, then says it feels worse than ever. I don't know, maybe I'm overreacting and misreading the tea leaves, but at this point I'm expecting Williams back before Allen. Tyler Boyd (28), running game is taking TDs, and Chase may be back after the bye. If he's not Boyd still has #3 value, is possible #3 value in 2 weeks worth much?
Curious as to which WR or both of them emerge with a little more usage between D Johnson and G Pickens, travdogg? I also believe Freiermuth just got bumped up as well. Haven't looked at your TE's yet. Gotta believe all 3 are better plays moving forward.

You're on to something with Adams, personally I think things are about to get very bad in Las Vegas, this was a Playoff team last year and expectations this year were HIGH
I could explain the implosion on the horizon but it would take up a lot of real estate and in the end it would show I have a lot of hostility towards Josh McDaniels and I hope he gets what's coming to him

I do think the Raiders could certainly fall apart, but if they do, Adams is probably the least likely to be affected if that leads to more trailing game scripts. It is a part of why Jacobs is lower for me. Adams was a tough rank, as is pretty much everyone in a tier of their own.

He's TE10 in our league, TE12 on a PPG basis. [ETA: full PPR] More to you point, he is TE16 over the last 4 weeks (3 g), a period when they def didn't "seem to have WR1 and WR2 available often and certainly not at the same time." He is averaging 6.6 targets per game, good for 6th in the league amongst TEs. He runs plenty of routes - five games between 33 and 36, well above the 23-24 required to be productive. The snaps he cedes to McKitty and Parham (when he's healthy) are mostly of the inline variety - he has taken 164 snaps from the slot, 47.1% of his snaps are from a WR position. He has 10 RZ targets, 4 inside the 5, and he's averaging 42.9 yards per game (previous career high is 31.9.)

That pass offense is broken. He hasn't been that good. You could always hope I suppose. There are a lot of good indicators that would point to more production than he's currently shown.

I do think the Raiders could certainly fall apart, but if they do, Adams is probably the least likely to be affected if that leads to more trailing game scripts. It is a part of why Jacobs is lower for me. Adams was a tough rank, as is pretty much everyone in a tier of their own.

FBGs has him WR18 ROS in PPR. That's quite optimistic, and I'm not sure I understand the reasoning. Mainstream sites have him WR33-WR38.

I like him a lot, I just think his situation stinks.

RB
Tier 1:
Tier 2:
2. Austin Ekeler (4)
3. Saquon Barkley (2)
Tier 3:
4. Derrick Henry (5)
5. Nick Chubb (7)
6. Kenneth Walker (9)
7. Travis Etienne (8)
8. Jonathan Taylor (6)
Tier 4:
9. Josh Jacobs (3)
11. Dalvin Cook (15)
12. Alvin Kamara (12)
14. Dameon Pierce (10)
15. Aaron Jones (13)
Tier 5:
18. Miles Sanders (20)
19. James Conner (19)
Tier 6:
22. Ezekiel Elliott (25)
24. Najee Harris (23)
Tier 7:
26. Tony Pollard (26)
27. Khalil Herbert (29)

Curious as to how the pass heavy Dolphins integrate both RB's. The stock investor in me is betting more than 50/50 on Jeff Wilson to climb into tier 7 while Mostert fills in. In fact, he's a tier 6 play this week in my hopes.
Well, for 1 week anyway, it was Mostert handling the high value touches GL and 3rd down, with Wilson doing more 1st and 2nd down. It was a little fluky Wilson got the TD.

WR
Tier 1:
1. Cooper Kupp (1)
Tier 2:
2. Stefon Diggs (2)
3. Tyreek Hill (3)
4. Justin Jefferson (4)
Tier 3:
5. Davante Adams (5)
Tier 4:
7. Ja'Marr Chase (7)
8. AJ Brown (6)
10. Tee Higgins (8)
12. DK Metcalf (11)
Tier 5:
13. Amari Cooper (16)
14. Mike Evans (13)
15. CeeDee Lamb (15)
Tier 6:
16. Deebo Samuel (18)
17. Chris Olave (19)
18. Tyler Lockett (17)
Tier 7:
20. Terry McLaurin (22)
21. Chris Godwin (21)
Tier 8:
23. Jakobi Meyers (26)
25. DJ Moore (24)
Tier 9:
29. Gabriel Davis (27)
30. Curtis Samuel (30)
31. Jerry Jeudy (33)
33. Adam Thielen (29)
35. Diontae Johnson (34)
Tier 10:
36. Hollywood Brown (36)
37. Mike Williams (35)
38. Rondale Moore (37)
39. Brandin Cooks (40)

Curious as to which WR or both of them emerge with a little more usage between D Johnson and G Pickens, travdogg? I also believe Freiermuth just got bumped up as well. Haven't looked at your TE's yet. Gotta believe all 3 are better plays moving forward.
All 3 could be slightly better plays with Claypool gone. I think Freiermuth benefits the most, as Claypool was playing a lot of big slot snaps. I could see Freiermuth getting some more off ball snaps which also should help targets.

Its also possible the offense just isn't good and losing a guy defenses have to account for just makes everything harder for Pickett.

He's TE10 in our league, TE12 on a PPG basis. [ETA: full PPR] More to you point, he is TE16 over the last 4 weeks (3 g), a period when they def didn't "seem to have WR1 and WR2 available often and certainly not at the same time." He is averaging 6.6 targets per game, good for 6th in the league amongst TEs. He runs plenty of routes - five games between 33 and 36, well above the 23-24 required to be productive. The snaps he cedes to McKitty and Parham (when he's healthy) are mostly of the inline variety - he has taken 164 snaps from the slot, 47.1% of his snaps are from a WR position. He has 10 RZ targets, 4 inside the 5, and he's averaging 42.9 yards per game (previous career high is 31.9.)

That pass offense is broken. He hasn't been that good. You could always hope I suppose. There are a lot of good indicators that would point to more production than he's currently shown.

FBGs has him WR18 ROS in PPR. That's quite optimistic, and I'm not sure I understand the reasoning. Mainstream sites have him WR33-WR38.

I like him a lot, I just think his situation stinks.
Davante Adams? I think he'd be top-30 catching passes from me.

Pierce goes for 27-139 against one of the leagues best defenses while both his WRs are out.

Trav drops him 8 places.

Appreciate the work @travdogg - this thread is a good discussion every week and I appreciate the effort you put into it. You’re a bit off on some of these (IMO) but you always have solid logic behind your choices.

I like that it’s not just straight chalk or conservative projections based on YTD production. Good food for thought & look forward to reading it each week.

9. Taysom Hill (14), as boom/bust a player as there is at any position. There is a part of me that thinks he may start seeing more QB snaps of Dalton doesn't stop turning it over.

It blew my mind that Hill didn't start at QB in the second half of Monday's game. Dalton allowed the defense to pin their ears back. He can't move, and he can't even sense pressure at this point in his career.

It blew my mind that Hill didn't start at QB in the second half of Monday's game. Dalton allowed the defense to pin their ears back. He can't move, and he can't even sense pressure at this point in his career.
I'll say it, Dalty looked terrible and hurts production. That game sucked! Yes, sucked. Kinda like Rodney Dangerfield style. The Red Rifle just doesn't have it and no way should even be a back up for more than finishing a game in which the starter got hurt. Now, will we see more Taysom moving forward. Or someone else too?

Pretty sure that I'd trade Jonathon Taylor for anyone in Tier 4, except Fournette and maybe Aaron Jones. He's hurt, and the team is falling to pieces around him. I see little hope that he's going to return to greatness this year.

Pretty sure that I'd trade Jonathon Taylor for anyone in Tier 4, except Fournette and maybe Aaron Jones. He's hurt, and the team is falling to pieces around him. I see little hope that he's going to return to greatness this year.
I see a guy who is probably going to be the centerpiece of his offense and could get 25 weekly touches, which has a lot of value regardless of how bad the team is.

Pierce goes for 27-139 against one of the leagues best defenses while both his WRs are out.

Trav drops him 8 places.

Appreciate the work @travdogg - this thread is a good discussion every week and I appreciate the effort you put into it. You’re a bit off on some of these (IMO) but you always have solid logic behind your choices.

I like that it’s not just straight chalk or conservative projections based on YTD production. Good food for thought & look forward to reading it each week.
Thanks. To be fair though, I only dropped Pierce 4 spots.

I do try not to be influenced by any kind of consensus rankings that I see.

RB
Tier 1:
Tier 2:
2. Austin Ekeler (4)
3. Saquon Barkley (2)
Tier 3:
4. Derrick Henry (5)
5. Nick Chubb (7)
6. Kenneth Walker (9)
7. Travis Etienne (8)
8. Jonathan Taylor (6)
Tier 4:
9. Josh Jacobs (3)
11. Dalvin Cook (15)
12. Alvin Kamara (12)
14. Dameon Pierce (10)
15. Aaron Jones (13)
Tier 5:
18. Miles Sanders (20)
19. James Conner (19)
Tier 6:
22. Ezekiel Elliott (25)
24. Najee Harris (23)
Tier 7:
26. Tony Pollard (26)
27. Khalil Herbert (29)

Well, for 1 week anyway, it was Mostert handling the high value touches GL and 3rd down, with Wilson doing more 1st and 2nd down. It was a little fluky Wilson got the TD.
Wilson got 5 redzone touches to mostert's 2. Just saying.

I see a guy who is probably going to be the centerpiece of his offense and could get 25 weekly touches, which has a lot of value regardless of how bad the team is.

Will be interesting to see how they use them...they are tanking and that would be some real unnecessary mileage on him.

RB
Tier 1:
Tier 2:
2. Austin Ekeler (4)
3. Saquon Barkley (2)
Tier 3:
4. Derrick Henry (5)
5. Nick Chubb (7)
6. Kenneth Walker (9)
7. Travis Etienne (8)
8. Jonathan Taylor (6)
Tier 4:
9. Josh Jacobs (3)
11. Dalvin Cook (15)
12. Alvin Kamara (12)
14. Dameon Pierce (10)
15. Aaron Jones (13)
Tier 5:
18. Miles Sanders (20)
19. James Conner (19)
Tier 6:
22. Ezekiel Elliott (25)
24. Najee Harris (23)
Tier 7:
26. Tony Pollard (26)
27. Khalil Herbert (29)

Wilson got 5 redzone touches to mostert's 2. Just saying.
Redzone touches aren't something I value. Mostert got the inside the 5 touches, the 2-minute drill, and more than twice as many short yardage and 3rd down snaps.

Will be interesting to see how they use them...they are tanking and that would be some real unnecessary mileage on him.
I don't think they are tanking. I think they (Irsay anyway) genuinely believe they have improved the team.

@travdogg how low do you have Pickens? He's a very curious case to me; does Pitt start to lean to him more coming out of the bye and with no Claypool, or is Pickett still just too inconsistent, thus making Pickens inconsistent as well?

I need to drop Pickens or Pittman to cover Lamar's bye, and need someone to talk me off the ledge of dropping Pittman. (Would leave me with Adams/Hopkins/Gabe and can only start 3 WRs max.) Indy just looks horrific right now...

@travdogg how low do you have Pickens? He's a very curious case to me; does Pitt start to lean to him more coming out of the bye and with no Claypool, or is Pickett still just too inconsistent, thus making Pickens inconsistent as well?

I need to drop Pickens or Pittman to cover Lamar's bye, and need someone to talk me off the ledge of dropping Pittman. (Would leave me with Adams/Hopkins/Gabe and can only start 3 WRs max.) Indy just looks horrific right now...
I'd have Pickens as someone in the 45-50 range.

Its possible that Pickens takes a step forward with Claypool gone, and a refocusing of the offense coming out of the bye. That said, it's also possible Claypool leaving doesn't help at all, as he and Pickens were asked to do very different things (Claypool's absence likely helps Freiermuth if anyone) and Pickett just isn't good enough right now to support more than 1 option a week. From my point of view, I think the Steelers passing game goes: Freiermuth>Diontae>Pickens.

I still think Pittman is a better option than Pickens. More proven and more volume lean me in that direction. If Pickens can fully establish himself as the go-to guy he'll be better than Pittman, just not confident that will happen.

Trav drops him 8 places.

I wanted to expand on the Pierce ranking. He moved down due to Cook and Kamara moving up.

I was concerned that Cook may lose work as the Vikings became more pass heavy with Hock on board. Well, through 1 week, I was right and wrong. The Vikings did get more pass heavy, and Cook had his 2nd fewest carries since week 3. What I wasn't expecting was Cook seeing his highest percentage of routes and the 2nd smallest amount of snaps for Mattison. If Cook loses a few carries to the passing game, but sees more snaps and routes, that is probably a net win for Cook.

In Kamara's case, Michael Thomas being ruled out for the season, raises Kamara's target floor. I also think the TMZ footage being pretty inconclusive, removes any lingering suspension worries, which were unlikely anyway, but is another positive for him, and small victories make a difference when separating players in the same tier.

Users who are viewing this thread