What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Travdogg's positional rankings from week 8 onward (1 Viewer)

travdogg

Footballguy
QB:
1. Josh Allen (1)
2. Jalen Hurts (3)
3. Patrick Mahomes (5), doesn't have the same ceiling without Hill, but floor is still as high as anyone. 4 straight top-6 weeks, and against some really good defenses.
4. Lamar Jackson (2)
5. Joe Burrow (6), back-to-back #1 QB weeks, seems like the Bengals are embracing the pass happy nature their skill position talent has always demanded.
6. Kyler Murray (4)
7. Justin Herbert (7)
8. Tom Brady (8)
9. Geno Smith (9)
10. Tua Tagovailoa (13), looked healthy in his return to action, and has top notch weapons, which makes up for some mistake prone play.
11. Kirk Cousins (11)
12. Derek Carr (12)
13. Jimmy Garoppolo (NR), 3 straight good games, and just added a major difference maker in the RAC game.
14. Dak Prescott (14)
15. Trevor Lawrence (NR), back-to-back nice games, and is seeing a lot of GL chances.

Dropped off: Jared Goff (12), has looked awful these last 2 games, Lions OL is starting to show cracks, and Goff has always folded under pressure. Matthew Stafford (15), close cut, but doesn't offer the rushing ability Lawrence does, also thought about Fields, but I need 1 more good week I think.

RB:
1. Saquon Barkley (2)
2. Jonathan Taylor (3)
3. Christian McCaffrey (1), this drop isn't about CMC, but about Barkley's dominance, and my thoughts on what the Colts offense will be about post-Ryan. Still 100% confident CMC will be a monster.
4. Austin Ekeler (4)
5. Josh Jacobs (11), so much for being too high on him a couple weeks ago. Should have trusted my 1st instinct. Jacobs has always had this talent, Gruden just always wanted a 3rd down RB, and Jacobs had some nagging injuries.
6. Derrick Henry (5)
7. Nick Chubb (6)
8. Kenneth Walker (14), I think Pete's got his new Lynch. Not in style, but in centerpiece of the offense. Style wise, he's more in the Dalvin Cook/LeSean McCoy make you miss, and then goodbye category.
9. Leonard Fournette (7)
10. Alvin Kamara (9)
11. Travis Etienne (24), he's played great, and has been leaving a lot of meat on the bone, with fumbles and drops. Jags don't care, they know he's their best weapon. He's basically what a healthy D'Andre Swift would look like.
12. Dalvin Cook (10)
13. Joe Mixon (12)
14. D'Andre Swift (13)
15. Rhamondre Stevenson (16)
16. Dameon Pierce (15)
17. Aaron Jones (18)
18. Darrell Henderson (19)
19. Raheem Mostert (25)
20. Miles Sanders (20)
21. Devin Singletary (21)
22. James Conner (22)
23. Najee Harris (23)
24. David Montgomery (17), he's suddenly in a RBBC that also includes his QB. Great for the Bears, bad for Monty. Still the lead at the moment though.
25. Ezekiel Elliott (NR), TD dependent, but always a threat for them. Defense is controlling the clock, and providing work for both he and Pollard.
26. Tony Pollard (30)
27. Damien Harris (NR), I don't think he's as buried as he looked on Monday Night. I think the combo of his 1st week back, and trailing game script led to less work than normal.
28. Michael Carter (NR), not really sure how the backfield will work put un NY, but giving him the edge as he is the incumbent, and doesn't have to learn the offense.
29. James Robinson (NR), but Robinson may be a better fit for what the Jets want to do on offense.
30. Tyler Allgeier (NR), Jamaal Williams-esq RB, on the most run heavy team in the NFL. No real word on Patterson, so no lock he's back when he's eligible to come off IR in week 9.

Dropped off: Breece Hall (8), I was about to move him up to the top-5 when he suffered his unfortunate injury. I know RBs are typically not the difference when it comes to wins/losses, but I think the Jets might be in big trouble without him, and 5-2 could become below .500 real quick. Clyde Edwards-Helaire (26), I hope everybody took advantage of the clearest sell-high window I can remember. Its a 3-way RBBC and nobody is probably worth starting. JK Dobbins (27), starting to get worried this season is just a wash for him. Jeff Wilson (28), I wasn't 100% sure he'd hold off Elijah Mitchell, now that obviously doesn't matter. 5 touches a game seems like a fair over/under going forward. Kareem Hunt (29), he's legit played poorly this year, he'll make the list in the event of a trade, or a Chubb injury, but he's just not doing much despite his role not really changing.

Last edited:
WR:
1. Cooper Kupp (1)
2. Stefon Diggs (2)
3. Ja'Marr Chase (6)
4. Justin Jefferson (3)
5. Tyreek Hill (4)
6. Davante Adams (8)
7. Amon-Ra St. Brown (7)
8. Tee Higgins (13), best buy-low at the moment I think. Bengals are embracing pass 1st nature, and Higgins has been unlucky the last 2 weeks. Still the clear #2 option in that passing game.
9. AJ Brown (11)
10. DeAndre Hopkins (12)
11. CeeDee Lamb (5), underachieving a bit, through no fault of his own. Dallas is a defense 1st team though, so some down weeks are going to happen. Still has top-5 upside in games Dallas is forced to throw in my opinion.
12. Chris Godwin (15)
13. Amari Cooper (10)
14. Keenan Allen (18)
15. DK Metcalf (9), I'm going along with Pete Carroll's often sketchy injury prognosis, that Metcalf might only miss 1 game. He's a candidate to drop lower if news changes.
16. Mike Evans (17)
17. Mike Williams (16)
18. Tyler Lockett (19)
19. Christian Kirk (22)
20. Jaylen Waddle (20)
21. Deebo Samuel (23)
22. Chris Olave (25)
23. DeVonta Smith (24)
24. Courtland Sutton (14), offense seems to be circling the drain a bit, and as the current WR28, I might honestly be being too generous because I think so highly of the player himself.
25. Michael Pittman (21)
26. JuJu Smith-Schuster (31), heating up a little bit. Top-7 each of the last 2 weeks, but still not ready to go higher than this yet.
27. Rashod Bateman (27)
28. Michael Thomas (29)
29. Gabriel Davis (30)
30. Adam Thielen (32)
31. Terry McLaurin (36)
32. Curtis Samuel (37)
33. Allen Lazard (33)
34. Jerry Jeudy (35)
35. Diontae Johnson (38)
36. Romeo Doubs (34)
37. DJ Moore (40)
38. Brandin Cooks (28), probably would have dropped out of the top-40, if not for trade rumors.
39. Wan'Dale Robinson (NR), back-to-back WR3 weeks, and the #1 job is there for the taking. Giants seem to want him to be a focal point.
40. Jakobi Meyers (NR), WR21 on a PPG basis, high floor with 55 yards and/or a TD in every game.

Dropped off: Drake London (26), useless since week 3, team has under 20 pass attempts in 3 of last 4, including 13 in a game they were down 21+ throughout. If they are that scared of letting Mariota throw when they are down big, just go with Ridder. Rondale Moore (39), rough week last week as Hopkins/defense did all the heavy lifting, almost saved it with a TD, but tough to trust.

TE:
1. Travis Kelce (2)
2. Mark Andrews (1)
3. Dallas Goedert (4)
4. Zach Ertz (5)
5. George Kittle (8), 2 straight top-5 weeks, and the 49ers seem likely to be more explosive and pass heavy with CMC.
6. Darren Waller (3), getting a little impatient with his hamstring injury. Could easily jump back into TE3 once he's healthy though.
7. TJ Hockenson (6)
8. Tyler Higbee (7)
9. David Njoku (9), Njoku was TE3 over the last month, and even projected to miss 2-5 games, I think he's a guy well worth hanging onto, especially as he'll eventually get Watson throwing to him.
10. Gerald Everett (10)
11. Taysom Hill (NR), the definition of boom/bust, but higher TD chances than most guys you can start at TE, loses some value in PPR.
12. Pat Freiermuth (11)
13. Dalton Schultz (13)
14. Hayden Hurst (15)
15. Evan Engram (NR), 3 straight weeks over 9 points, and 23 targets during that stretch.

Dropped off: Kyle Pitts (12), its not happening. TD or bust, and he has what 2 career TDs? Only 1 game over 25 yards this season. Greg Dulcich (14), has shown a lot of ability, but I just want nothing to do with this offense, even with back-to-back TE1 weeks.

No Brian Robinson love with the volume? 17 then 20 carries?
He just missed. Still losing more work than I'd like, as Gibson has outproduced him over the last 2 weeks despite his smaller workload. I'm also not confident Washington will be leading too often going forward, though they may against Indy.

He's on the radar though.

Nice work but no room for Gus Edwards? I'd have him somewhere around 18-20 personally, well ahead of guys like Henderson.
Another guy on the radar, but he's in a 3-man RBBC (despite the big fantasy game, he saw under 40% of the carries) and doesn't catch.

If the TDs are there, he'll be a solid flex, but if not, he's gonna be tough to trust. Like the player though, he's always been a nice runner.

I like Henderson a lot more though. Rams offense isn't gonna be as bad as they looked all year, and Henderson has been a solid RB2 pretty much whenever he is the starter, even if its ugly.

Allgier over BRob, Edwards, Foreman? CPat should be back next week or two

Waddle waaaaaaay too low. If someone offered him to me for Kirk I couldn't hit accept fast enough.

Allgier over BRob, Edwards, Foreman? CPat should be back next week or two

Waddle waaaaaaay too low. If someone offered him to me for Kirk I couldn't hit accept fast enough.
I think Allgeier, Robinson, and Edwards are all pretty similar. RBBC, on run 1st teams. I wouldn't argue against them in any order, I just prefer Allgeier because of how crazy run heavy the Falcons are. I hope Patterson is back, as he's probably a top-20 RB in this offense, but I haven't heard a thing about him, and he's a 30+ year old coming off knee surgery, so I don't think Allgeier is going away.

Not seeing Foreman on that level yet. Didn't see any separation between Hubbard/Foreman, and the offense will likely be less successful than that most weeks.

Can see an argument for Waddle anywhere from 14-22. I'm mildly nervous about his targets though. Other than the Ravens and Vikings games, where Miami fell behind big early, and threw 50 and 47 times, Waddle has been around 5 targets a week.

thoughts on Khalil Herbert? virtually no involvement in the passing game but team seems like he's more than just a stash at this point, as the team seems more inclined to a RBBC approach.
  1. 9-45-1 / 1-(-2)-0
  2. 4-38-0 / 1-3-0
  3. 20-157-2 / 2-12-0
  4. 19-77-0 / 1-24-0
  5. 4-11-0 / 0-0-0
  6. 7-74-0 / 0-0-0
  7. 12-62-0 / 1-25-1
snap counts Monty-Herbert
  1. 37-16
  2. 37-8
  3. 10-38
  4. X-46
  5. 34-13
  6. 54-15
  7. 39-29
currently the 8th leading rusher in the NFL and averaging 6.2 YPC

Appreciate the weekly rankings! Really helps having a 2nd or 3rd opinion on rest of season stuff.

WR thoughts...Surprised you still have Gabe Davis that low. Given how many points he's been putting up. I suppose that's because of his boom or bust nature? Not too many targets for sure.

No love for Pickens? I know it's Pitt but I'd think they try to make him the focal point of the offense from here on out. Plus he's put up three top 25 performances three of the last four weeks.

thoughts on Khalil Herbert? virtually no involvement in the passing game but team seems like he's more than just a stash at this point, as the team seems more inclined to a RBBC approach.
  1. 9-45-1 / 1-(-2)-0
  2. 4-38-0 / 1-3-0
  3. 20-157-2 / 2-12-0
  4. 19-77-0 / 1-24-0
  5. 4-11-0 / 0-0-0
  6. 7-74-0 / 0-0-0
  7. 12-62-0 / 1-25-1
snap counts Monty-Herbert
  1. 37-16
  2. 37-8
  3. 10-38
  4. X-46
  5. 34-13
  6. 54-15
  7. 39-29
currently the 8th leading rusher in the NFL and averaging 6.2 YPC
Herbert would be around the 35-40 range at RB for me. Its possible that they are moving to more of a hot hand approach, but its also possible that they just had a game where they lead throughout, and those are few and far between for the Bears. I think both he and Montgomery have a little less upside if Fields is going to be used so heavily in the run game as well.

I'd rank Herbert more in line with Hunt, Jamaal, and the Carolina RBs. If this Chicago workload (35% for Monty, 28% for Herbert, 28% for Fields) stays like this and wasn't just a one game blip, I'll probably lower Montgomery even more, and probably find a spot for Fields at QB.

17. Mike Williams (16)

this seems odd given the severity of his high ankle sprain
Much like Metcalf, I don't want to go too low because we don't really have a timetable with him. Williams could only miss 1 game, from what I've read, with the bye this week. If its worse, then he'll likely move down. If it ends up being several weeks, I'd probably move him and Metcalf down to about the Pittman range.

Appreciate the weekly rankings! Really helps having a 2nd or 3rd opinion on rest of season stuff.

WR thoughts...Surprised you still have Gabe Davis that low. Given how many points he's been putting up. I suppose that's because of his boom or bust nature? Not too many targets for sure.

No love for Pickens? I know it's Pitt but I'd think they try to make him the focal point of the offense from here on out. Plus he's put up three top 25 performances three of the last four weeks.
I'd be trying to sell Gabe Davis. Dude has 383-4 on 14 catches and hasn't exceeded 6 targets in a single game. Not the type of WR I have much interest in.

Pickens is on the radar, but he's still kinda the #3 or #4 option in Pittsburgh from a targets aspect. He'd probably crack the list if Claypool gets dealt, but right now, I'm not seeing much difference between him and Claypool. I do like Pickens a ton as a prospect and thought he should have been a 1st round pick.

I look at this, nod solemnly, and realize I have 2 TE1s, a mid-range QB1, 3 of the top 13 RBs, 3 of the top 15 WRs............. and I'm 1-6.

Hmmm, the #10 QB this season in fantasy doesn't even make the top 15? (He's leading a 6-1 team).
No, Daniel Jones doesn't. I'd have him probably QB20 or so. Maybe if his team makes a move at WR at the deadline he could move up, but right now, I'm not chasing points with a guy with his history, and his lack of weapons.

Hmmm, the #10 QB this season in fantasy doesn't even make the top 15? (He's leading a 6-1 team).
No, Daniel Jones doesn't. I'd have him probably QB20 or so. Maybe if his team makes a move at WR at the deadline he could move up, but right now, I'm not chasing points with a guy with his history, and his lack of weapons.

It's not chasing when he keeps delivering every week. Not many QBs have enough designed running plays that they can rush for 100 yards in a game.

It's not chasing when he keeps delivering every week. Not many QBs have enough designed running plays that they can rush for 100 yards in a game.
The bolded isn't even remotely true though. Since week 1 he's finished as:

Week 1-QB16
Week 2-QB22
Week 3-QB19
Week 4-QB8
Week 5-QB21
Week 6-QB17
Week 7-QB3

That's not producing every week, that having 2 weeks out of 7 where he wasn't a bad start, and he just arguably lost his best target (Bellinger, not Toney)

Week 1-QB16
Week 2-QB22
Week 3-QB19
Week 4-QB8
Week 5-QB21
Week 6-QB17
Week 7-QB3

That's not producing every week, that having 2 weeks out of 7 where he wasn't a bad start, and he just arguably lost his best target (Bellinger, not Toney)
Which makes him the #10 QB so far this season. Admittedly, his bye is in 2 weeks, so we'll see after that. But if you've been starting him the past month, you're happy.

Appreciate these lists. I will say I don't understand how D. Henderson made the RB list. Rams are dead last in the league in total rush yds through 6 games (yes they've had their bye while other teams haven't yet) and he's been available (not injured) all year. Part of the issue is the O-line, but he only seems to get opportunities when something's up with the starter. If he was the guy I don't think there would be so much chatter about Kyren Williams, an unknown 5th round pick who's back at practice now.

Last edited:
Appreciate these lists. I will say I don't understand how D. Henderson made the RB list. Rams are dead last in the league in total rush yds through 6 games (yes they've had their bye while other haven't yet) and he's been available (not injured) all year. Yes, part of it is O-line issues, but if he was the guy I don't think there would be so much chatter about an unknown 5th round pick like Kyren Williams who's back at practice now. D.Henderson only seems to get opportunities when something's up with the starter.

Yeah I don't think Henderson has cracked 50 yards in a game yet, Gus Edwards got 66 in his first game for 2 years. I enjoy reading these though, it's a great effort

Appreciate these lists. I will say I don't understand how D. Henderson made the RB list. Rams are dead last in the league in total rush yds through 6 games (yes they've had their bye while other teams haven't yet) and he's been available (not injured) all year. Part of the issue is the O-line, but he only seems to get opportunities when something's up with the starter. If he was the guy I don't think there would be so much chatter about Kyren Williams, an unknown 5th round pick who's back at practice now.
Honestly, I don't see Kyren Williams as that much of a threat, I think people are getting hyped simply about the unknown, but Wiliams wasn't an impressive prospect in my opinion. I figure he'll take maybe 35% of the workload, which is pretty average for a #2 RB.

Henderson is interesting, because I've never been a huge fan of the player, but its hard to deny his productivity whenever he's been the starter. Dating back to the beginning of last season, he's been a top-15 RB when he's been the healthy starter, including in the Rams last game. The Rams are struggling to run the ball, but they'll likely get better just by not wasting work on Akers. Henderson is a solid pass catcher, and hasn't been pulled at the GL to date.

Its not pretty, I would certainly agree with that, but I don't see a great case for anyone behind him right now.

Favorite Pool weekly thread.

Deserved bumps for Walker/ETN/Jacobs

If Schultz was looking close to healthy, I'd have a decent sized bump for him. Nice to see Taysom on the list. As bad as TE is, you're just as well off hoping he pops if you don't have a top TE option. He gives the Saints the best chance to win at QB, but Allen's a dope who I believe will be fired after one season. I'd keep an eye out on the Saints making a trade(s) before the deadline if they lose this weekend and move to 2-6 (even as bad as the NFC South is).

What's the take on adjustment to the WR list following the developing situation w/ CIN WRs?
I want a much more definite timeline on Chase, if its 6+ weeks, he's arguably off the list. If its 4, he's probably in the 20's. I'd probably be trying to deal him for someone in the teens right now on the idea, that he'll be a difference maker come fantasy playoffs. Like Chase for Keenan Allen or something like that.

I'm probably moving Boyd onto the list, and into the late 20's. Somewhere between JuJu and Thielen. Higgins probably makes a run at top-5. I'd call him equal with Davante Adams. Hayden Hurst is the guy I am particularly interested in moving up, as TE is so jumbled any increase in targets makes a huge difference. He likely goes into the top-10, and if he shows out on Monday, he'll likely be up by Hockenson.

Probably could argue a slight upgrade for Mixon as well, but not as committed to that. Also probably duck Burrow down behind Murray again, which is unfortunate. Burrow wasn't that far from #3.

If Schultz was looking close to healthy, I'd have a decent sized bump for him. Nice to see Taysom on the list. As bad as TE is, you're just as well off hoping he pops if you don't have a top TE option. He gives the Saints the best chance to win at QB, but Allen's a dope who I believe will be fired after one season. I'd keep an eye out on the Saints making a trade(s) before the deadline if they lose this weekend and move to 2-6 (even as bad as the NFC South is).
Agree on Schultz. Especially if Dallas gets a little more pass heavy as Dak gets more comfortable. Its possible their defense prevents that, but I also feel like that's just who McCarthy is.

I'd be surprised if the Saints made any major deal. That division is so awful, I can't see anyone being eliminated before December.

Week 1-QB16
Week 2-QB22
Week 3-QB19
Week 4-QB8
Week 5-QB21
Week 6-QB17
Week 7-QB3

Which makes him the #10 QB so far this season. Admittedly, his bye is in 2 weeks, so we'll see after that. But if you've been starting him the past month, you're happy.
Being top 12 two out of four weeks doesn't make me happy. And most people didn't get that. If you had a QB that finished 21st and 17th it is very unlikely you started him again.

I'd be surprised if the Saints made any major deal. That division is so awful, I can't see anyone being eliminated before December.
Yep. Plus they have no first round pick and thus have no reason to tank for draft position.

Week 1-QB16
Week 2-QB22
Week 3-QB19
Week 4-QB8
Week 5-QB21
Week 6-QB17
Week 7-QB3

Being top 12 two out of four weeks doesn't make me happy. And most people didn't get that. If you had a QB that finished 21st and 17th it is very unlikely you started him again.

You're not playing much this year, are you? If you have Josh, Jalen or Pat you're laughing this season, but everyone else sucks. About the same level.
Russell Wilson drafters, for example, were delighted to drop him for Danny Dimes. I know I've played him in one league the past month and we're 3-1 in that span. His consistent rushing gives him a floor that a lot of QBs just don't have this season.

Week 1-QB16
Week 2-QB22
Week 3-QB19
Week 4-QB8
Week 5-QB21
Week 6-QB17
Week 7-QB3

You're not playing much this year, are you? If you have Josh, Jalen or Pat you're laughing this season, but everyone else sucks. About the same level.
Russell Wilson drafters, for example, were delighted to drop him for Danny Dimes. I know I've played him in one league the past month and we're 3-1 in that span. His consistent rushing gives him a floor that a lot of QBs just don't have this season.
I was delighted to drop Russ for Jones and I also dropped Rodgers for Fields. Sometimes, the vets drop off a cliff and you have to take a swing at potential

Week 1-QB16
Week 2-QB22
Week 3-QB19
Week 4-QB8
Week 5-QB21
Week 6-QB17
Week 7-QB3

I was delighted to drop Russ for Jones and I also dropped Rodgers for Fields. Sometimes, the vets drop off a cliff and you have to take a swing at potential
Exactly. If you wait until you can definitely see the potential, you're too late. Someone else grabbed them.
It's like Gretzky said... skate to where the puck will be, not to where it is.

Now, can someone tell me who this year's Amon-Ra St. Brown is?

Users who are viewing this thread