What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trivia Questions (AP All Pros) (1 Viewer)

I'm thinking #4 has got to be Jason Hanson.
Also not a former Steeler as he hinted. Just looked up Faneca - he did get named to 9 Pro Bowl teams, so I believe he completes #4.I also just finished the bonus question - I was thinking about offensive linemen all day yesterday and forgot one guy. When I thought of him this AM, I looked him up and sure enough - he's the guy. Jahri Evans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vonta Leach for Bonus?
Vonta Leach is another guy who fits the bonus question criteria who I missed with my first search. My Search-Fu apparently sucked when I posted this. You have to quit with this, Spin; you're making me look bad.

So, yes, Vonta Leach for the bonus... but the guy I was originally looking for is still out there, too.

Edit: Okay, my search-fu doesn't suck as much as I thought, it's that PFR hasn't updated its search tools to include 2012 awards yet, so if someone made their 3rd Pro Bowl / All Pro in 2012, I wouldn't have caught them. Having factored this in and repeated the search, I can now say that there are absolutely, positively, 100% without question only four players who meet the bonus criteria, and I'm sticking with that until Spin comes out and makes me look stupid again.

So, Bonus Question = Devin Hester, Andy Lee, Vonta Leach, and ____________. I must say, this unidentified player might just be the most anonymous player ever to be sporting an active streak of four straight first team AP All Pro selections.
:lmao: just dumb luck on my part. They were talking about Leach being released this morning on my drive in and I remembered him making 3 AP All Pros, but couldn't remember how many pro bowls, so I just figured he was the "under the radar" guy you were referring to.

I'm thinking #4 has got to be Jason Hanson.
Also not a former Steeler as he hinted. Just looked up Faneca - he did get named to 9 Pro Bowl teams, so I believe he completes #4.I also just finished the bonus question - I was thinking about offensive linemen all day yesterday and forgot one guy. When I thought of him this AM, I looked him up and sure enough - he's the guy. Jahri Evans.
Evil Grin closes us out. Faneca was the last member of the 9 Pro Bowls / 3 All Pros club, and Jahri Evans has made four straight pro bowls and four straight first team All Pro teams. Thanks for playing, everyone!

This all started because I was wondering how many Pro Bowls and All Pros a player had to make before he'd be a "lock" for the Hall of Fame. Looking at it, it seems 9/3 will get you in every time unless you murder your wife the year before you become eligible for the Hall. I don't expect any of the recently retired 9/3 guys or the currently active 9/3 guys (or the very-close 8/3 guys) to have any trouble getting in, either. So if anyone wants to become a Hall of Famer, it seems all they have to do is make 9 pro bowls and 3 first team AP All Pros and they're a lock.

Vonta Leach for Bonus?
Vonta Leach is another guy who fits the bonus question criteria who I missed with my first search. My Search-Fu apparently sucked when I posted this. You have to quit with this, Spin; you're making me look bad. So, yes, Vonta Leach for the bonus... but the guy I was originally looking for is still out there, too. Edit: Okay, my search-fu doesn't suck as much as I thought, it's that PFR hasn't updated its search tools to include 2012 awards yet, so if someone made their 3rd Pro Bowl / All Pro in 2012, I wouldn't have caught them. Having factored this in and repeated the search, I can now say that there are absolutely, positively, 100% without question only four players who meet the bonus criteria, and I'm sticking with that until Spin comes out and makes me look stupid again. So, Bonus Question = Devin Hester, Andy Lee, Vonta Leach, and ____________. I must say, this unidentified player might just be the most anonymous player ever to be sporting an active streak of four straight first team AP All Pro selections.
Jahri Evans?

Vonta Leach for Bonus?
Vonta Leach is another guy who fits the bonus question criteria who I missed with my first search. My Search-Fu apparently sucked when I posted this. You have to quit with this, Spin; you're making me look bad. So, yes, Vonta Leach for the bonus... but the guy I was originally looking for is still out there, too. Edit: Okay, my search-fu doesn't suck as much as I thought, it's that PFR hasn't updated its search tools to include 2012 awards yet, so if someone made their 3rd Pro Bowl / All Pro in 2012, I wouldn't have caught them. Having factored this in and repeated the search, I can now say that there are absolutely, positively, 100% without question only four players who meet the bonus criteria, and I'm sticking with that until Spin comes out and makes me look stupid again. So, Bonus Question = Devin Hester, Andy Lee, Vonta Leach, and ____________. I must say, this unidentified player might just be the most anonymous player ever to be sporting an active streak of four straight first team AP All Pro selections.
Jahri Evans?
Yup.

Users who are viewing this thread