What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trying to upgrade roster. Does it make sense to move T.Y. Hilton? WHIR (1 Viewer)

wheeleke

Footballguy
This is a 2-QB, .5 PPR, 10-team league. We start 2 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE , Flex (RB, WR, or TE), K, and DEF. Well, I still have a shot to win this week but my team will have an uphill climb after facing a team that started both Matt Ryan and Pat Mahomes at quarterback. Aside from my flex, K, and DEF positions, most of my team performed well enough that I have a decent shot tonight with Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams left. My roster is:

QB - Jared Goff, Aaron Rodgers

WR - T.Y. Hilton, Davante Adams, Kenny Golladay, Tyler Boyd, John Brown

RB - Ezekiel Elliott, Mark Ingram, Matt Breida, Latavius Murray, Dalvin Cook

TE - David Njoku

DEF - Rams

K - Zuerlein, Parkey (will drop him after this week)

My biggest need is a 3rd QB. Josh Rosen is the only active QB on waivers. There are three teams that roster 4 QBs. Team One has Brady, Prescott, Josh Allen, and Derek Carr. Team 2 has Cousins, Rivers, Darnold, and Mariota. Team 3 has Mahomes, Ryan, Darnold, and Manning but she doesn't seem to be willing to trade the latter two at this point. The only team with the biggest glaring need is the one with Brady as the only RBs on their roster are Gurley and Isaiah Crowell. Otherwise, I can go with Rosen off of waivers who has Denver on Thursday Night Football. Curious where or if I need to make any changes. If I lose, I'll move to 4-2 and in a tie for 2nd. If I win tonight, I'll move to 5-1 and in sole possession of first place.

Week 7, 12 matchups (when Rodgers - 7, and Goff - 12 have their byes):

Rosen - Denver, Chargers

Manning - Atlanta, Philadelphia

Mayfield - Tampa Bay, Cincinnati

Allen - Indianapolis, Jacksonville

Prescott - Washington, Washington

Carr - Bye, Baltimore (Not an option)

Darnold - Minnesota, New England

Mariota - Chargers, Houston

Do I try to move Hilton for any of these guys? Not really sure he has much value not knowing his return from injury. Otherwise, Rosen it is and I'll deal with whatever he does and hope the rest of my team can cover for him.

Don't drop Hilton. Drop Zuerlein-Parkey has had his bye. If you don't drop a kicker drop Murray. I would go with Manning or Mayfield before Rosen. 

Zuerlein should be back this week and I can't really drop Murray until I know what is going on with Cook, right? I'd like to make a play for Manning or Mayfield if possible. Mayfield has a nice schedule over next few games with Chiefs, Falcons, and Bucs. The team with Manning/Mayfield has a roster of:

QB - Mahomes, Ryan, Mayfield, Manning

RB - Royce Freeman, Buck Allen, Kerryon Johnson, Devonta Freeman

WR - Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham, Brandin Cooks, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb

TE - Austin Hooper

DEF - Houston

K - Matt Bryant

Don't drop Hilton. Drop Zuerlein-Parkey has had his bye. If you don't drop a kicker drop Murray. I would go with Manning or Mayfield before Rosen. 

Trading for Manning/Mayfield would be preferred but you don't seem to be a great trade partner with that team.  They need RB's - not WR.  Because of that you may want to look at a Murray/Cook for Mayfield/(Allen or Freeman or Kerryon). 

I really don't think it's a huge deal to pick up Rosen and roll with him for the two games you will need him.  I am not sure giving up Cook's upside is worth it as he immediately becomes your Flex over your third WR when he is healthy. 

Zuerlein should be back this week and I can't really drop Murray until I know what is going on with Cook, right? I'd like to make a play for Manning or Mayfield if possible. Mayfield has a nice schedule over next few games with Chiefs, Falcons, and Bucs. The team with Manning/Mayfield has a roster of:

QB - Mahomes, Ryan, Mayfield, Manning

RB - Royce Freeman, Buck Allen, Kerryon Johnson, Devonta Freeman

WR - Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham, Brandin Cooks, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb

TE - Austin Hooper

DEF - Houston

K - Matt Bryant
Who cares if Zuerlein is back? Parkey has had his bye week already, Zuerlein hasn't-so you can avoid a headache down the road by having to replace Zuerlein again by going with Parkey. Unless you have some crazy kicker points the difference between kickers is minimal.

Users who are viewing this thread