What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Turn - New AMC show coming out in April (1 Viewer)

Nice finale, think it's starting to find it's way. Really hope there's a Season 2. Simcoe going bat#### crazy was awesome!

Having said that, Anna jumping out of the boat was silly,and then Abraham runs up to help pull her out and the two of them make googly eyes at each other, looking like they're about to swap spit, was a bit over the top and inappropriate imo.
yep

I liked the premiere.

That sculptress(?) was smoking hot. Too bad that offed her so quickly. Loved the King George temper tantrum. Love how Simcoe made the other dude crap himself.

I just started watching this during the marathon yesterday, so I have a question- do they try to stay fairly historically accurate? Because I have never heard a hint that Harry Lee was anything close to being a traitor.

Watched the first half hour. Shut it off to go grocery shopping.

I don't hate the show, I just am not gripped by it.

I think its improved substantially since its start. Its not appointment viewing by any stretch, but I'll probably keep watching it.

Really enjoyed the 2nd season premiere ... loved getting introduced to Benedict Arnold, Charles Lee and the setup of having France join us. :popcorn:

I liked the premiere.

That sculptress(?) was smoking hot. Too bad that offed her so quickly. Loved the King George temper tantrum. Love how Simcoe made the other dude crap himself.

I just started watching this during the marathon yesterday, so I have a question- do they try to stay fairly historically accurate? Because I have never heard a hint that Harry Lee was anything close to being a traitor.
"do they try to stay fairly historically accurate?" Not entirely and they even said that before it started saying something like it's not a documentary. Some definite dramatizations.

I liked the premiere.

"do they try to stay fairly historically accurate?" Not entirely and they even said that before it started saying something like it's not a documentary. Some definite dramatizations.
true.. Then again, who is "Harry Lee" :confused:

Pretty sure it was Charles Lee and in that regard he did some :oldunsure: things that ended up getting him court-martialled.

I liked the premiere.

Pretty sure it was Charles Lee and in that regard he did some :oldunsure: things that ended up getting him court-martialled.
No no no, had to be Bruce Lee.

I liked the premiere.

Thought they were talking about this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Lee_III

I liked the premiere.

Thought they were talking about this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Lee_III
Don't forget the :pokey: about being captured that was thrown at Lee as they sat around the table.. Charles Lee was captured by the British:

During 1776, forces under his command repulsed a British attempt to capture Charleston, which boosted his standing with the army and Congress. Later that year he was captured by British cavalry under Banastre Tarleton and held as a prisoner until exchanged in 1778. During the decisive Battle of Monmouth later that year, Lee led an assault on the British which miscarried. He was subsequently court-martialed and his military service brought to an end. He died in Philadelphia in 1782.

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked the premiere.

Don't forget the :pokey: about being captured that was thrown at Lee as they sat around the table.. Charles Lee was captured by the British:

During 1776, forces under his command repulsed a British attempt to capture Charleston, which boosted his standing with the army and Congress. Later that year he was captured by British cavalry under Banastre Tarleton and held as a prisoner until exchanged in 1778. During the decisive Battle of Monmouth later that year, Lee led an assault on the British which miscarried. He was subsequently court-martialed and his military service brought to an end. He died in Philadelphia in 1782.
Damn, you're right. Went past me completely.

I liked the premiere.

Damn, you're right. Went past me completely.
Would have been a :whoosh: on me as well.. but my daughter and I use this show as a semi-way to prepare her for AP History next year in High School.. So as we were watching she'd ask questions like "How long after the battle of Saratoga did Benedict Arnold Benedict us?" and so I'd do a quick search..

Same with Charles Lee.. When they started the "Lee is a Traitor" I did some quick searching to learn more.

Playing catch-up; just finished S2E1. Really enjoying this show after a slow start. They almost lost me halfway through S1.

Man that sculptress was smoking hot!

This show is missing something to be very good, but I am enjoying it more than S1. They've done a much better job fleshing out the other characters this year. Some interesting story lines and a relatively entertaining show. Still need more Simcoe and Rogers, tho.

I didn't know anything about Simcoe before this show (my history sucks). I was curious about him so I asked Google. Wow, quite the character.

Still enjoying the show; looking forward to last night's episode.

Still enjoying this. Last week's took a turn but I liked it despite no Rogers and basically no Simcoe. Washington getting some character development was good but it still feels like there are too many things going on with this show at once (where's Benedict Anrold or Shippen?)

Still enjoying this. Last week's took a turn but I liked it despite no Rogers and basically no Simcoe. Washington getting some character development was good but it still feels like there are too many things going on with this show at once (where's Benedict Anrold or Shippen?)
Based on the previews it looks like the "turn" happens this week with Benedict and the french... :popcorn:

I know this show isn't supposed to be 100% historically accurate, but George Washington stayed in a house in Valley Forge. Not a tent. I know this because it's still there and I was just in it a week ago.

The first paragraph indicates the house he slept in. It does say he slept in a tent when he first arrived, but the show is not showing him when he first arrived. They've been there a while now.
Where did he sleep when he first arrived at Valley Forge, or during each year’s military campaign season, with frequent moves? As with all military officers, throughout much of the war he slept, worked, and dined in large, sturdy, cloth tents. Known as “marquees,” they received hard use.

The first paragraph indicates the house he slept in. It does say he slept in a tent when he first arrived, but the show is not showing him when he first arrived. They've been there a while now.
Where did he sleep when he first arrived at Valley Forge, or during each year’s military campaign season, with frequent moves? As with all military officers, throughout much of the war he slept, worked, and dined in large, sturdy, cloth tents. Known as “marquees,” they received hard use.
They were only in Valley Forge for 6 months. And there were no military campaigns during it.

They were only in Valley Forge for 6 months. And there were no military campaigns during it.
Seems you missed the next part ;)

Seems you missed the next part ;)
I'm not missing it. The show puts the dates of when it's taking place. He's in Valley Forge. The war lasted much longer than his stay at VF. When I read that paragraph, they are referring to places that claim GW slept there. But he had a house in VF. A nice house. With plenty of room. When the campaign was on, I'm sure he stayed all over in tents across the countryside. But I doubt very highly that during the brutal winter at VF, he left his warm house to live in a tent for a couple days.

Washington himself stayed in a tent until most of the men were housed. Then he moved into a small stone house (still standing), the Isaac Potts house, where he set up his headquarters.

http://www.insidescience.org/content/what-archaeologists-know-about-george-washingtons-time-valley-forge/2501
Yes. I've acknowledged this. But the timeline of the story would have him in his house by now. Again, it's not a huge deal. I still love the show. I was just saying I found it odd that they had him in a tent. Not a big deal. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread