What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (3 Viewers)

Hard to believe guys are still fighting for 10 grand in today's day and age in the UFC.
Bellator 201 Salaries:

Ilima-Lei Macfarlane: $50,000
Saad Awad: $46,000
Valerie Letourneau: $38,000 ($19,000 to show, $19,000 win bonus)
Jordan Young: $36,000 ($18,000 to show, $18,000 win bonus)
Juan Archuleta: $25,000
Joey Davis: $25,000
Kerri Anne Melendez: $25,000
Ryan Couture: $24,000
Ed Ruth: $15,000
Alejandra Lara: $15,000
Tyrell Fortune: $15,000
Kristina Williams: $14,000
Robbie Peralta: $10,000
Andy Murad: $5,000
Craig Plaskett: $3,000
Jamal Pogues: $3,000
Giovanni Sarran: $2,500
Jay Jay Wilson: $2,400 ($1,200 to show, $1,200 win bonus)
Jacob Rosales: $2,400 ($1,200 to show, $1,200 win bonus)
Ricky Furar: $2,400 ($1,200 to show, $1,200 win bonus)
Tiani Valle: $2,000
David Conte: $1,200
Joshua Jones: $1,200
Victor Rosas: $1,200

Why do if feel like Mickey Gall on Saturdays card is a long time vet? Am I going crazy or am I getting him confused with someone else?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yair hurt and out of 228.
Yep. So far it seems that Zabit is still on the card against TBD. It will be interesting to see if anyone steps up for that.

Edit: Was a bit of Twitter talks between Zabit and John Lineker. 6’1” 145 vs 5’3” 135

Great for Gathje to bounce back after 2 L's.  I actually thought Vick would give him trouble with his reach.  It seemed like Vicks game plan was good in the beginning, I liked the front kicks keeping him away.  However, I thought he should have been circling, and working the jab, keep the body kicks, then go for a head kick.  He should have never let Gathje get inside that early in the fight.  He absolutely melted.  I wish we could have seen footage of him trying to take Justin down several minutes after the fight ended, and he was still out of it.  Vick did his part of talking the game, had the jokes, but didn't back it up.  

I'm not sure if anyone caught the post fight interview, but they asked Gathje about a new contract.  He said he "wants all his money up front, and the UFC needs to send a message, you fight like Justin Gathje you get paid".  I agree I love his style.  He also explained the strategy behind his push forward style.  He said that it's difficult to throw a hard punch when your moving back.  He can eat the less powerful shots with the top of his head all day.  He did acknowledge that Vick was the first to make him back up.  I guess he was being a little cautious with the reach for the first minute.

And he called out Ferguson... Meh, he's supposed to fight Pettis, so it's an unlikely fight anytime soon.  The lightweight division is stacked right now.  

Great for Gathje to bounce back after 2 L's.  I actually thought Vick would give him trouble with his reach.  It seemed like Vicks game plan was good in the beginning, I liked the front kicks keeping him away.  However, I thought he should have been circling, and working the jab, keep the body kicks, then go for a head kick.  He should have never let Gathje get inside that early in the fight.  He absolutely melted.  I wish we could have seen footage of him trying to take Justin down several minutes after the fight ended, and he was still out of it.  Vick did his part of talking the game, had the jokes, but didn't back it up.  

I'm not sure if anyone caught the post fight interview, but they asked Gathje about a new contract.  He said he "wants all his money up front, and the UFC needs to send a message, you fight like Justin Gathje you get paid".  I agree I love his style.  He also explained the strategy behind his push forward style.  He said that it's difficult to throw a hard punch when your moving back.  He can eat the less powerful shots with the top of his head all day.  He did acknowledge that Vick was the first to make him back up.  I guess he was being a little cautious with the reach for the first minute.

And he called out Ferguson... Meh, he's supposed to fight Pettis, so it's an unlikely fight anytime soon.  The lightweight division is stacked right now.  
i was happy Gathje got a win too. Had money on him, but as soon as the fight started i thought i was in trouble with Vick's reach. Card came out of nowhere for me too, so hard to keep up with the UFC if you don't check the MMA sites a few times a week.

And my God, i hope Tito never leaves the spotlight. If anybody can watch the clip of Tito here saying how much he train, and understands it, you deserve an award:

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/8/27/17786524/tito-ortiz-reveals-training-schedule-chuck-liddell-fight-stumps-worlds-top-mathematicians

Lots of good matchups at the top of UFC 228 this weekend.

Welterweight Tyron Woodley (c) vs.Darren Till - Hoping Tyron wrecks Till over 4 rounds

Women's Strawweight: Jéssica Andrade vs.Karolina Kowalkiewicz - Rooting for KK but not optimistic. I hope she winks at me  ;)

Featherweight: Zabit Magomedsharipov vs.Brandon Davis - Zabit's a ninja. I like ninjas.

Bantamweight: Jimmie Rivera vs.John Dodson - Nobody's talking about this fight, but should be lots of fun.

Preliminary Card (FX)

Women's Strawweight Carla Esparza vs.Tatiana Suarez - Tatiana is super foxy. :wub:  

Bantamweight Aljamain Sterling vs.Cody Stamann - I dunno, I just like Aljo.

Lots of good matchups at the top of UFC 228 this weekend.

Welterweight Tyron Woodley (c) vs.Darren Till - Hoping Tyron wrecks Till over 4 rounds

Women's Strawweight: Jéssica Andrade vs.Karolina Kowalkiewicz - Rooting for KK but not optimistic. I hope she winks at me  ;)

Featherweight: Zabit Magomedsharipov vs.Brandon Davis - Zabit's a ninja. I like ninjas.

Bantamweight: Jimmie Rivera vs.John Dodson - Nobody's talking about this fight, but should be lots of fun.

Preliminary Card (FX)

Women's Strawweight Carla Esparza vs.Tatiana Suarez - Tatiana is super foxy. :wub:  

Bantamweight Aljamain Sterling vs.Cody Stamann - I dunno, I just like Aljo.
Too many chick fights for me on this card. I don't mind one every now and then, but they just aren't nearly as entertaining.

I’ll be in Vegas with the wife and another couple to watch UFC 229. We will be at Lagasse’s Stadium. 

Should be a great time. We saw the last McGreggor/Diaz fight there too.

Suarez/Esparza and Andrade/Kowalkiewicz are more interesting to me than any other fight on this card other than the main. :shrug:  

Suarez/Esparza and Andrade/Kowalkiewicz are more interesting to me than any other fight on this card other than the main. :shrug:  
To each his own, my man...Price-Alhassan, Rivera-Dodson, Miller-White and Sterling-Stamann are all fights I'd much rather see than either of those.

I hope Shevchenko gets to meet Montana at some point, she's gonna beat the snot out of her for pulling this crap

Back on track, I don't know what it is about Carla Esparza but I find myself cheering for her to lose all the time.  Tatiana fn worked her tonight.  And Carla has probably the one of the better wrstling backgrounds in this division...she got owned.  

AR Alhassan ...African immigrant, black belt in judo, reckless with heavy hands....

All he needs to do is have #### cardio and he can be Sokoudjou part 2.  (Yes, I know Ghana is not Cameroon.  Please shutup.)

Back on track, I don't know what it is about Carla Esparza but I find myself cheering for her to lose all the time.  Tatiana fn worked her tonight.  And Carla has probably the one of the better wrstling backgrounds in this division...she got owned.  
Why does Tatiana Suarez look 5'7"? It's not just the matchup against Esparza, she's always looked take than her listed 5'5".

Users who are viewing this thread