What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (3 Viewers)

Till looked like he came out flat.  I wonder if the weight cut is getting difficult for him?  Great game plan by Tyron, never gave Till a chance to get into a rythm.  It's like he has no game plan if he can't slowly back a guy uo against the cage.  Where we're all those cool elbows he does in all the shadow boxing highlights?  Seems like those are the perfect strike vs a smaller guy.

I think Colby beats both of these guys.

AhrnCityPahnder said:
AR Alhassan ...African immigrant, black belt in judo, reckless with heavy hands....

All he needs to do is have #### cardio and he can be Sokoudjou part 2.  (Yes, I know Ghana is not Cameroon.  Please shutup.)
Niko Price has been a bit of a killer himself. Impressive kid, but it is hard to keep up with all the various young promising guys now in UFC

Niko Price has been a bit of a killer himself. Impressive kid, but it is hard to keep up with all the various young promising guys now in UFC
Yeah, I don't know if it's me paying a little less attention to the sport now than I did 5 years ago, or just a bigger influx of young talent --  but I find myself having to google guys on the main PPV cards all the time now.

Yeah, I don't know if it's me paying a little less attention to the sport now than I did 5 years ago, or just a bigger influx of young talent --  but I find myself having to google guys on the main PPV cards all the time now.
There’s more divisions now too which makes its more difficult to follow. 155 used to be the smallest weight classes and no women’s divisions.

Also, fighters are more likely to bow out of fights because there’s a some type of insurance(?) coverage for them. Which is a good thing but it feels like there’s bigger gaps between seeing a fighter. Plus, there seems to be more events to watch and follow.

A lot more fighters and a lot less building of them by the UFC. TUF has long run its course. The show once upon a time built characters and personalities. The guys that are "over" are the guys that build their brands themselves.

I'm in the same boat. I don't know who probably at least 50% of the fighters overall on the cards anymore. And many of the foreign cards that they stack with regional fighters I recognize maybe just the main event guys. My interest in the sport has waned quite a bit. Some of that is probably that I watch very little TV anymore and some of that is just they have far too many cards and completely stopped building these fighters characters. 

I am probably near the very bottom of the list of CB Dolloway fans, but man even I don't want to see the dude get permanently messed up.   Normally-good Herb Dean had a terrible late stoppage in CBD's fight. 

edit:  He didn't even stop it.  the round ended and then CBD coudn't continue.  very weird, and not cool

linky

Last edited by a moderator:
I am probably near the very bottom of the list of CB Dolloway fans, but man even I don't want to see the dude get permanently messed up.   Normally-good Herb Dean had a terrible late stoppage in CBD's fight. 

edit:  He didn't even stop it.  the round ended and then CBD coudn't continue.  very weird, and not cool

linky
FFS

Herb's normally a good ref but absolutely no explanation for it continuing around the 25 second mark. Dolloway had nothing left. Hard to watch. Between rounds "If you don't get up I'm going to stop the fight" SMH. I hope there's an explanation from him and/or Dolloway.

linky
I only watched that link and not the whole fight. He definitely could have stopped it but we’ve all way seen worse. A lot of the shots are hitting forearms and gloves. CB looks to be giving up but he’s still covering up and moving/rolling around. He’s also not really pinned down so he’s still in a position where he can still show a tap. Don’t get me wrong, he’s in a bad spot but that doesn’t necessarily mean the fight should be called. Some guys are crazy warriors and can come back from that. Shogun vs Henderson for example.

Herb went over at the break and called the fight when CB wouldn’t stand up. That seems very reasonable. If anyone should be to blame its CB’s corner. They are the ones that know the fighter and what his mindset is and what he looks like when he breaks. CB is also capable of tapping at any point.

linky
I only watched that link and not the whole fight. He definitely could have stopped it but we’ve all way seen worse. A lot of the shots are hitting forearms and gloves. CB looks to be giving up but he’s still covering up and moving/rolling around. He’s also not really pinned down so he’s still in a position where he can still show a tap. Don’t get me wrong, he’s in a bad spot but that doesn’t necessarily mean the fight should be called. Some guys are crazy warriors and can come back from that. Shogun vs Henderson for example.

Herb went over at the break and called the fight when CB wouldn’t stand up. That seems very reasonable. If anyone should be to blame its CB’s corner. They are the ones that know the fighter and what his mindset is and what he looks like when he breaks. CB is also capable of tapping at any point.

Jon Jones suspension lifted right before the MSG event.  I guess Nate Diaz was right, "everyone's in steroids".  USADA is a joke.  They probably get 90% of their money from UFC, and need this MSG event to sell.  

Jon Jones suspension lifted right before the MSG event.  I guess Nate Diaz was right, "everyone's in steroids".  USADA is a joke.  They probably get 90% of their money from UFC, and need this MSG event to sell.  
he has been out of MMA for 15 months, close to 18 months when he can fight again. I think compared to the rest of the MMA world and what guy's have done in the past, the dude has more than paid his dues. 

#### that guy.
Wait, Ahrn are you DC? I hear my man is already crying cause Bones is coming back, saying now he has no interest in a trilogy fight:

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/09/daniel-cormier-jon-jones-trilogy-tells-usada-not-to-visit-ufc

Hell if i got my head kicked nearly clean off i wouldn't want to fight the guy again either. I really hope Jones gets the chance to beat him at LHW, then challenge him at HWY and take both belts. And do it fast Jon before you F up again please

Yeah what a ##### move.
snitched on who? guy had a steroid in his body from the 60's, after passing 8 unannounced tests. We can question his intelligence or decision making choices, but who did he snitch on that would be that bad?

snitched on who? guy had a steroid in his body from the 60's, after passing 8 unannounced tests. We can question his intelligence or decision making choices, but who did he snitch on that would be that bad?
You don't snitch. Especially if you are cheating as well. Which, gun to my head, I would say he is since he has gotten caught twice.

You don't snitch. Especially if you are cheating as well. Which, gun to my head, I would say he is since he has gotten caught twice.
this is the only connection i have seen to snitching (from mmajunkie): https://mmajunkie.com/2018/09/ufc-jon-jones-receives-15-month-usada-suspension-after-arbitration

"But even before he went to arbitration, he received a 30-month reduction from USADA based on “delivery of substantial assistance,” or providing information on another athlete’s anti-doping violation. Based on that, Jones faced a maximum suspension of 18 months."

I have no idea what still to make of the whole situation. I remember when it first turned up reading a bunch on it, and the substance he got busted for they said wouldn't really do anything with it only appearing once in a test. I am no expert on steroid use, but i have to think any MMA fan has to be happy it is over. I mean Jesus H, DC is bragging how he is fighting Brock now so he is past fighting Bones. 

and who knows what Jones puts in his system, but it certainly wasn't the reason he almost kicked DC's head out of the arena. Whether a fan or you hate Jones, as an MMA fan you can't deny that missing the opportunity to see Jones in his prime years would have been a loss for everyone

ETA: i would be curious who Jones gave up though. I would guess it would be someone from the Jackson-Winklejohn camp no?

I absolutely love watching Jon Jones fight. He is a treasure.

But if he snitched to get a lighter sentence that is weak sauce. Do your time fella.

I hear Conor might be fighting soon. Wonder if he is any good. 

I absolutely love watching Jon Jones fight. He is a treasure.

But if he snitched to get a lighter sentence that is weak sauce. Do your time fella.

I hear Conor might be fighting soon. Wonder if he is any good. 
4 years is a looong time. I think that original sentence/penalty was never really one that made sense. For a lot of guys, you are taking away their career. And it obviously doesn't seem to work very well as a deterrent (maybe it does, not even sure how we would truly know). i don't know the answer, but Jones' situation was just a strange one

hmm, looks like it is even known as the "snitching clause":

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/9/19/17881418/jon-jones-reduced-ban-usada-snitching-clause-ufc-news

i'll wait to see what happens with it before caring. Big difference between telling USADA about another fighter vs. some d-bag dude who can get supplies of a steroid used in the 60's. 

The "stop snitching" thing can stay in the 90's. Sure applies to kids being kids, but thankfully the fad went away. Nothing like rich white people making money selling "snitches get stitches" clothing while kids in the inner city get killed and no one says anything cause they don't want to snitch. No thanks, there is a time and place for sharing info

My feeling is that if you like Khabib (which I do) you wait til close to fight night. Connor pulls a lot of Irishmen to the States for his fights and I think fight week a lot of Connor money drops, especially with him as a dog and the line closes much lower, possibly -120 or so.

My feeling is that if you like Khabib (which I do) you wait til close to fight night. Connor pulls a lot of Irishmen to the States for his fights and I think fight week a lot of Connor money drops, especially with him as a dog and the line closes much lower, possibly -120 or so.
it's a tough call on this one. I would anticipate there will be a big marketing push for Khabib, and those Russians aren't scared to gamble either. I say some now and if it gets better add more

I don't blame DC.  This is a sport of milliseconds & centimeters.  You can die in the octogon or become seriously injured.  If someone is cheating in this sport, they don't just hit a ball farther, they hit your head harder.

Also, I have less sympathy for a guy already under the microscope.  

I don't blame DC.  This is a sport of milliseconds & centimeters.  You can die in the octogon or become seriously injured.  If someone is cheating in this sport, they don't just hit a ball farther, they hit your head harder.

Also, I have less sympathy for a guy already under the microscope.  
there are some guys in the UFC/MMA who definitely have a legit argument about fighting guys on performance enhancers. Mark Hunt and Bisping come immediately to mind.  But if DC cared that much, he wouldn't be all giddy about his fight with Brock lesnar, where if I had to guess he is probably more often on something than he isn't

modogg said:
there are some guys in the UFC/MMA who definitely have a legit argument about fighting guys on performance enhancers. Mark Hunt and Bisping come immediately to mind.  But if DC cared that much, he wouldn't be all giddy about his fight with Brock lesnar, where if I had to guess he is probably more often on something than he isn't
True, I totally forgot about that. Lol  Completely destroys DCs argument.   After hearing Dana's comments today about Jon will probably be ready early 2019, and he's "too heavy".   It's almost as if he is foreshadowing a Lesnar replacement.

modogg said:
Wait, Ahrn are you DC? I hear my man is already crying cause Bones is coming back, saying now he has no interest in a trilogy fight:

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/09/daniel-cormier-jon-jones-trilogy-tells-usada-not-to-visit-ufc

Hell if i got my head kicked nearly clean off i wouldn't want to fight the guy again either. I really hope Jones gets the chance to beat him at LHW, then challenge him at HWY and take both belts. And do it fast Jon before you F up again please

I don't see having to pick one between DC and jones.  I like DC just fine, but that has nothing to do with me thinking that Jones is about as big a d0o0shbag as this sport has ever seen, and that's including some pretty lofty competition.   He tried to sell himself as some sort of super nice guy golden boy, meanwhile he's a compulsive liar who's blowing rails and popping boner pills and juicing up and DUIing his car into pregnant women.  

reddit user hughie-d posts about UFCs financial input to USADA:

Has USADA become too reliant on the UFC's revenue stream? I just checked out their tests for the first quarter testing for this year on their website. My math could be off here but according to their tests, they:

• Tested 1693 athletes 
  • Carried out a total of 2285 tests
I quickly loaded into an excel sheet how many of them were MMA athletes and what % of total tests taken were for MMA. Here are the results: 

• 504 athletes from MMA
  • 721 tests for MMA
  • 68 sports tested in total
These are slightly worrying numbers. One single sport, MMA, accounts for:

• 30% of total athletes tested (29.76%)
  • 32% of all tests done (31.55%)
  • MMA accounts for 1.4% of the amount of sports tested (1 out of 68)
Bear in mind this is from Q1 2018, so the numbers might not be consistent across the year. I don't have time to do this now as I am at work. But if it is consistent, MMA accounts for around 30% of its service.... anyone will tell you that a client that delivers over 30% of your total business for your company has A LOT of sway.

True, I totally forgot about that. Lol  Completely destroys DCs argument.   After hearing Dana's comments today about Jon will probably be ready early 2019, and he's "too heavy".   It's almost as if he is foreshadowing a Lesnar replacement.
No doubt IMO Jones is on that Lesnar/DC card. Gustafsson sounds as good as any if he has the desire to fight.

Smart of Cormier to dismiss Jones right now. Lesnar is the bigger payday....and easier fight.

I don't see having to pick one between DC and jones.  I like DC just fine, but that has nothing to do with me thinking that Jones is about as big a d0o0shbag as this sport has ever seen, and that's including some pretty lofty competition.   He tried to sell himself as some sort of super nice guy golden boy, meanwhile he's a compulsive liar who's blowing rails and popping boner pills and juicing up and DUIing his car into pregnant women.  
we could discuss the underlined quite a bit, would be a fun one. Man there are some heavy competitors. and can't argue your last sentence at all.

Shout outs to:

Joe Son, War Machine, Junie Browning, Krazy Horse Bennett, Hermes Franca, Mayhem Miller, Aleksander Emilienko. 

I know some fighters have done worse things than JBJ.  Murder and Statutory Rape come to mind.    So I'll amend my statement to say that Bones is the d00shiest superstar the sport has seen.   I don't even really mind when people own their own stupid (see: Junie), it's the pious bull#### being spewed while living another life.  I really hate hypocrites.   

Jon Jones admitted he was back on the booger sugar around and after his last fight.

Dude will never learn. And he is arguably the greatest MMA fighter of all time. 

That's a real shame.

Users who are viewing this thread