What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ultimate Strength of Schedule for Defense - A shot at making it useful (1 Viewer)

GoBears84

Footballguy
Ultimate Strength of Schedule has been posted. I'm trying to figure out if there is anything there that can be truly be utilized - especially for Defense. In season, I find it insightful for week-to-week matchups, but I'm generally not going to base my draft on SOS. While I usually stream during the season, I like to see if I can hit on my draft before I resort to it.

For example, Atlanta, Houston and TB had some of the highest SoS numbers last year, and all finished in the back half of the league. Thoug, it should be noted, Chicago had the worst SoS and finished DFL.

I took the top 25% of SOS and noticed that though some of the SOS values were high, there were some differences in the number of Good Weeks vs. Bad weeks. If you only have 4 or 5 good weeks out of 18, does SoS matter? And if you have a number of Bad weeks, will that offset the Good weeks?

I added in my Rankings. While New Orleans and SF are both ranked high, NO has 6/4 and SF has 4/3 Good weeks/Bad weeks. Cleveland, in comparison is Top 10 rated and has 7 good weeks vs. 4 Bad weeks.

TEAMDEF SOSRankGood WeeksBad WeeksΔ
Atlanta6.2030734
Houston5.9732624
New Orleans5.955642
Jacksonville5.9319633
Tampa Bay5.9216541
Cleveland5.919743
Tennessee5.8721541
San Francisco5.814431

I'm wondering if anyone has any other approaches or thoughts on mine. Cleveland was a rising DEF last year and should be better this year and this is one argument for considering them a late pick once DEF's start going off the board.

Last edited:
On the positional pages can anyone tell me what the TF and EZ columns stand for, and/or explain the Bye week columns?

Has anyone ever done an end of season post mortem on the USoS? Just to see how accurate it is historically.

Users who are viewing this thread