What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Urgent! Draft Dominator Projections Update Looks Out of Whack (1 Viewer)

pghrob

Hail to the Chief
I am in middle of draft. Projections and rankings seem like old file from last year. Please check.

The outlook notes changed. Etienne shows rookie. A.J. Brown is on Titans.

The update occurred during use of app in my current draft.

Damon Pierce not in current rankings. Something went wrong with last update pushed to production.

@Joe Bryant. Please check latest rankings projections file uploaded into DD.
Weird. Try refreshing, closing, restarting it. If it fails, try using the online version, it works just fine with newest rankings. You're in the middle of the draft so you probably don't have time to mess around with the app.... just quickly download the classic version or go to online version.

I had the same thing go on with the phone app. It would frequently show AJ McCarton as the number one overall player. It then changed to last years players as no rookies were listed and the rankings were clearly not based on this years projections and no longer useful. I gave up trying to fix it as nothing I did helped.

We had an error for McCarron earlier in the week that was quickly fixed.

For anything else, please let our people know at www.footballguys.com/help. Scroll down to the bottom of that page and click "contact support". They will have to have some vital pieces of information from you to help and then they will do their best to help.

App on phone is buggy. Wish I would've known. Shifted to online but horribly disruptive on a timed draft. Damaging impact. Very disappointing.

Edited to add post draft: Thanks to those of you who provided me the responses pointing me to online version. 🙂🏻👍🏻

The issue looks like it may stem from my dropping connection to my internet during draft.

The advantages of using the Draft Dominator are really worth an annual subscription. My confidence and commitment to using it remains strong. Please don't let my setback today dissuade you from using it. I have used it for probably going on 20 years without failure. In the heat of the draft it was a bit of a panic and frankly I didn't have a backup plan and was unaware of the online version. So I bear responsibility as the user to keep my self in a position of preparedness.

The follow up response from @Simon Shepherd is exactly the type of good service after the sale I prefer when subscribing to this type of service.

Last edited:
Hi @pghrob

are you using Android or Apple app?

Are you sure you have the 2022 version and you're not using the 2021 version?

Did you ever see a notice telling you you were using out-of-date projections?

Do you know if you ever went offline while using it?

If you have details on any other bugs, I would love to hear those too. I want this working flawlessly for everyone!

We did not push out an update to the app's code today. It's not possible that we pushed out a file with 2021 updates; had we done that, it would have affected every Draft Dominator user and we'd have hundreds of tickets on support desk. Not to mention, I've been using the app non-stop myself today, and I'm confident that isn't the case.

Of course, that isn't to say you didn't experience a really nasty issue here. I'm really sorry that happened. I suspect that what happened is somehow the downloaded data on your phone got deleted and it defaulted to the data that comes shipped with the app when we send an update to the app stores.

I would love your help in getting to the bottom of it. I've heard whispers of this once or twice and have chased down the last ticket we had on it, but never got enough information to be able to replicate and fix it. If you could PM me with the answers to those questions above I would really appreciate it.

For everyone else, just general advice if you happen to be unlucky enough to see something weird like this.
1) Make sure you're using this year's version. On mobile, the icon looks exactly like my avatar on the forums. It DOES NOT have a year on the icon or on the splash screen when you start it. On the Online version, this year's version has a blue bar across the top. Last year's had a black bar. Black bar = bad.

2) When you are sure you are using this year's version, go to More > Manually Update Projections/Data.

3) Last thing to try, if it's still being cranky, is to restart it. Online, refresh the page. If that didn't do it, for a cleaner restart, use a brand new incognito window in google chrome to be sure to rid yourselves or any old data hanging around. On mobile, you can close Android apps from Settings > Applications, and on iOS, half swipe-up from the bottom and then flick the Draft Dominator upwards off the screen. For a harder reset, uninstall the app and re-install it.

Again I don't expect this is widespread or we'd have heard more about it. But I want to make sure that I give you guys the best advice in case you do somehow see it.

And if you see this (or any other Draft Dominator bugs), I would love to get the same depth of information in terms of these questions:

If you could email those answers in to our helpdesk, help@footballguys.com, they'll take some pressure off me by combining issues into one single ticket that I can pick up and fix.

Thanks all.

Hi @pghrob

If you have details on any other bugs, I would love to hear those too. I want this working flawlessly for everyone!

We did not push out an update to the app's code today. It's not possible that we pushed out a file with 2021 updates; had we done that, it would have affected every Draft Dominator user and we'd have hundreds of tickets on support desk. Not to mention, I've been using the app non-stop myself today, and I'm confident that isn't the case.

Of course, that isn't to say you didn't experience a really nasty issue here. I'm really sorry that happened. I suspect that what happened is somehow the downloaded data on your phone got deleted and it defaulted to the data that comes shipped with the app when we send an update to the app stores.

I would love your help in getting to the bottom of it. I've heard whispers of this once or twice and have chased down the last ticket we had on it, but never got enough information to be able to replicate and fix it. If you could PM me with the answers to those questions above I would really appreciate it.
Thank you for your helpful response.

I am using it on an Android OS.
V 2022 10.738.

No notice of me using out of date projections. Was going along fine and when I toggled back to the app from the cbssports.com draft room to update pick, an update loaded and the rankings changed where Etienne was lower than when I was drafting. His outlook changed to show his rookie status and rookie injury. Similarly noticed A.J. Brown was in TN vs Philly.

If I recall correctly I think I did briefly come off line during the draft just before the update that brought the spurious rankings. I moved from neighbor's house to my house as the wifi was weak as was the cellular network signal.

Thanks again for checking with me to see if we can figure out what happened.

Users who are viewing this thread