What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (8 Viewers)

I thought the US was slightly better but both teams seem pretty static.

We need more out of Weston. It was good to see Dest attacking late in the half. Chucky is a big worry but the US just flows better when Dest is involved.

How has the US looked?
They've looked solid. Mexico pressure has been REALLY good. They've been pressing all half and making the US work for it. Caused a few turnovers but US has handled it well. At times it seems like Mexico has an extra guy out there.

That said, US has looked more dangerous and better skilled despite that. Mexico had a couple chances on a counter, but even without that goal, I would bet on US taking the lead based on first half.

With all the pressure, I've been waiting for some dribbles to break it down and it finally came toward the end with Dest. Need more of that. The passing is just a BIT too slow right now although I'm ok with it since it's been pretty composed. It hasn't seemed like fruitless possession and I don't think Mexico can keep this up all game.

Not a bad way to
He was a mile away and it was not in the corner and he still beat Ochoa on pure power alone.
Going between the legs of the first defender and then right past the second... don't think Ochoa saw it early enough to get to it.
Agreed. Watching the replay, it looked like Ochoa was trying to look around #4 Alvarez to see the ball and didn't pick it up until too late.

Listening to Marsh, whose claim to fame is coaching teams to exciting 3-5 losses, criticize a coach for not putting Reyna in front of goal is on brand at least.

God what a hit by Reyna. And the dink over the defender was fantastic.

I've been watching for almost 30 mins and still don't know who's partnering Ream at CB. Good sign!

Users who are viewing this thread