What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

USA Shootings (1 Viewer)

that would violate their rights

putting solid security at school doesn't violate a right, clear backpacks don't .......... better reporting of predicated violence doesn't violate

taking guns from law abiding people? that violates

strip searches violate, data mining can be a violation, intrusion can be violations, no warrants are violations .......... ya'll don't want to give on any of those, I agree of course, my point in mentioning those was to show the reaction when ya'll are asked to give up something as far as a Right

you don't want to do you?
It is not a violation of their rights if they willingly go a long with it.

you like Japan's judicial system ?

a school shooting is one of the least likely ways for a person to die, did you know ?

http://www.businessinsider.com/mass-shooting-gun-statistics-2018-2

driverless cars are a solution to drunk driving deaths
I’m a fan of Japan’s gun policy and know nothing about their judicial system. 

I did not know that. What I do know is I have a daughter starting kindergarten this coming school year and this stuff terrifies me. Terrifies me so much that I’d be ok if they let teachers have a gun available for “just in case”. The old can’t beat ‘em join ‘em deal I guess. 

Good. Let’s get it going. Texting deaths as well. 

how many DUI deaths? knife deaths? gun deaths from drug and domestic violence related incidents? drug overdoes? medical errors ?

I want 0 deaths every year in schools, that's what we should all shoot for, but something has happened and people are so violent nowdays ..... I don't think we'll ever see 0 again
If you want to talk DUI deaths or knife deaths, or drug deaths or any other cause of death then please start a new thread about it.  I think we could make more progress on DUIs, I don't think there is an epidemic of knife deaths, but I admit I'm not knowledgeable in this area.  I have my own ideas on drug deaths and what we could do to prevent deaths there too. 

This topic is about gun violence.  Each of these topics have their own causes and solutions 

hey, if it would help, why would these kids not give up that in the name of everyone being safe?

I'm not in school, won't affect me .... right ?
If giving up AR-15s and similar weapons would keep kids safe, why would they not not give up that in the name of everyone being safe?

Oh...

Let's take away everyone else's freedoms to preserve the freedom of owning killing machines.  AMERICA, #### YEA
nobody is taking away any freedom

don't want to own a gun? don't buy one

but don't complain about being a victim to the criminals of this world if you are choosing to have no means of self protection

sometimes bad things happen, when bad people do bad things ........... you want utopia? buy and island and live there alone and even then, someone might dock a boat one night and slit your throat - you never know

how dangerous are things to you ?

-fish- said:
More innocent kids dead.  More families broken.  More students traumatized for life.  Same reaction from the same people.   

Nobody needs a gun to live.   Kids need to not have bullet holes in them to live.  This should be easy. 
Is this the determining factor? We ban things that we don't need? Especially if they lead to deaths?

See that's the catch, the kids want to be put in prison schools. Or maybe their parents want them too. Either way it works well. 

nobody is taking away any freedom

don't want to own a gun? don't buy one

but don't complain about being a victim to the criminals of this world if you are choosing to have no means of self protection

sometimes bad things happen, when bad people do bad things ........... you want utopia? buy and island and live there alone and even then, someone might dock a boat one night and slit your throat - you never know

how dangerous are things to you ?
Yea, please stop calling other people scared.  Good grief

If you are one of the people asking for tens of millions of gun owners to give up certain kinds of guns that are very rarely used in gun crimes - an infringement on their rights to own guns in the name of making things a bit safer........... tell me, what are YOU giving up ?

anything? anything at all ?

Someone once told me about their grandfather who served in WW2. He was captured by the Germans on like his first day of combat. He was an officer. He spent the whole war a prisoner but he said he was really a nice experience actually. He befriended the guards and once every year he, several of the prisoners and several of their guards would get together for a big weekend to relive the war. He said that there were always men wanting to escape like The Grand Illusion but he never understood why- the war was dangerous and savage. Prison was safe and easy. The kids will love their new high security prison schools. 

sho nuff said:
What about them.

This is a thread about shootings...when you try and deflect to DUIs, it shows intellectual dishonesty.  A reason many won't engage with scat...and some with you as well (you certainly haven't reached his level...but from what Ive seen, there are similarities in you all being shown something...then coming back repeating the same stuff after people have addressed it and often times countered it).

Enjoy your day.
Wait. Aren't many here repeating the same things over and over? Just because people addressed it doesn't mean anything. The facts still remain. People die unnecessarily from things in this country. We as a society have determined some of those deaths are a necessary byproduct of having certain freedoms. You feel that deaths cause by guns is unacceptable and deaths cause by things like cigarettes and alcohol are ok. I on the other hand, think that we should work hard to minimize deaths related to all unnecessary things. 

If you are one of the people asking for tens of millions of gun owners to give up certain kinds of guns that are very rarely used in gun crimes - an infringement on their rights to own guns in the name of making things a bit safer........... tell me, what are YOU giving up ?

My same unfettered and unconstitutional rights.

If we open up a copy of the constitution in word perfect, place the cursor at the end of the second amendment, and delete 27 words, boom! We’re no longer infringing on anyone’s rights.

Before you think that will never happen, I’ll remind you Donald Trump is the President of the United States of America.

America, where anything is possible.

Now, how about some compromise from the people who are afraid to leave the house without a gun.

Someone once told me about their grandfather who served in WW2. He was captured by the Germans on like his first day of combat. He was an officer. He spent the whole war a prisoner but he said he was really a nice experience actually. He befriended the guards and once every year he, several of the prisoners and several of their guards would get together for a big weekend to relive the war. He said that there were always men wanting to escape like The Grand Illusion but he never understood why- the war was dangerous and savage. Prison was safe and easy. The kids will love their new high security prison schools. 
He didn’t happen to have a watch he hid in his ### crack did he?

Yea, please stop calling other people scared.  Good grief
its ok to admit being scared

I have little fear, I carry, I have a means to protect myself

people who are afraid are that way because there is no way to protect or defend when bad things happen.

think of it like this - your kid is in the White House doing a tour, and a shooter tries to get on ground. Are you really scared for them? I mean likely the shooter will never get his feet on grass before shot dead, right?

your kid is in classroom ... and a shooter tries to get in the school ......... scared?

why? what's the difference?  security and defense is the difference .......... and when a school shooting happens, I can't think of anyone who wants the shooter to run out of bullets rather than a security officer with a gun engage and kill the suspect

ideally there will never be a person wanting to harm others - but there will be, always

I call BS on that

people who are afraid are that way because there is no way to protect or defend when bad things happen.

think of it like this - your kid is in the White House doing a tour, and a shooter tries to get on ground. Are you really scared for them? I mean likely the shooter will never get his feet on grass before shot dead, right?

your kid is in classroom ... and a shooter tries to get in the school ......... scared?

why? what's the difference?  security and defense is the difference .......... and when a school shooting happens, I can't think of anyone who wants the shooter to run out of bullets rather than a security officer with a gun engage and kill the suspect

ideally there will never be a person wanting to harm others - but there will be, always
I don't carry a gun because I'm not afraid.   You carry a gun because you are.  Why do you feel the need to constantly protect yourself?  That's the definition of afraid.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'd be okay starting the conversation with handguns.

timschochet said:
Well sure. But how are we going to defeat the NRA? The only way I can see is to support Democrats. There are no Republicans willing to take them on.

if there is a different solution other than to vote Democrat I’m all ears. 
This stance is strange. If facts are correct and there are 5 million NRA members vs 100 million people that want gun control. It's no longer about money. An anti-NRA organization should be able to crush the NRA in lining the pockets of politicians. 

My only response to you, now and in the future, is to point out to everyone that you're a troll and have nothing valuable to add to any discussion.
really ?

is that the liberal tactic for everyone who disagree's with them ? call them names, place on block etc? why the hell even come to a forum if it isn't to have discussions and dialogue ?

I'll never get that mentality, ever

I wish mod's would ban anyone who calls anyone a troll - that's stop that bullying right there and fast

really ?

is that the liberal tactic for everyone who disagree's with them ? call them names, place on block etc? why the hell even come to a forum if it isn't to have discussions and dialogue ?

I'll never get that mentality, ever

I wish mod's would ban anyone who calls anyone a troll - that's stop that bullying right there and fast
I'm fine with discussing things with most people.  He's a proven troll.

I don't carry a gun because I'm not afraid.   You carry a gun because you are.  Why do you feel the need to constantly protect yourself?  That's the definition of afraid.
so you know the crime stat's in the US right ?

when one of those crimes happens, what do you suggest to the people who are victims in those crimes?

me? I suggest carrying a gun, a means to protect, what do you suggest ?

I'm serious too

This stance is strange. If facts are correct and there are 5 million NRA members vs 100 million people that want gun control. It's no longer about money. An anti-NRA organization should be able to crush the NRA in lining the pockets of politicians. 
No. You aren't being thoughtful/reasonable.

Belief systems are often cultish (NRA says hi)... which is not true of the other side.

Think about it.

so you know the crime stat's in the US right ?

when one of those crimes happens, what do you suggest to the people who are victims in those crimes?
I suggest than owning a gun is proven to be more likely to cause injury to themselves or their family than anyone else.   Your gun makes you feel safe. because without it you're afraid.   In reality, guns in the hands of private citizens are far more likely to hurt the people you're trying to protect.

This kid was a mess but you can't blame his fellow students for avoiding him.  

"Items recovered by police at the scene included gun magazines with swastikas carved in them. One student reported that Cruz had drawn a swastika and the words "I hate [n-word]" on his backpack.[77] CNN reported that Cruz was in a private Instagramgroup chat where he expressed racist, homophobic, antisemitic, and anti-immigrant (xenophobic) views. He said he wanted to kill gay people and Mexicans, and talked about keeping black people in chains. He said he hated black people "simply because they were black," and Jewish people because he believed "they wanted to destroy the world". He also referred to white women who engaged in interracial relationships as traitors.[78]

A former classmate said Cruz had anger management issues and often joked about guns and gun violence, which included threats of shooting up establishments.[9] The brother of a 2016 graduate described him as "super stressed out all the time and talked about guns a lot and tried to hide his face". A student who was enrolled at the school at the time of the shooting said, "I think everyone had in their minds if anybody was going to do it, it was going to be him".[79] A classmate who was assigned to work with him in sophomore year said, "He told me how he got kicked out of two private schools. He was held back twice. He had aspirations to join the military. He enjoyed hunting."[65] A student's mother said that he also bragged about killing animals. A neighbor said his mother would call the police over to the house to try to talk some sense into him.[80]"

Let me ask you this:  If you had a kid that went to Parkland would you encourage your child to befriend this kid?
Based on that information, I would suggest we be on the look out for kids just like him. Maybe it's not so hard to identify potential shooters?

I suggest than owning a gun is proven to be more likely to cause injury to themselves or their family than anyone else.   Your gun makes you feel safe.   In reality, guns in the hands of private citizens are far more likely to hurt the people you're trying to protect
factoring in all the times guns are used to prevent crimes and stop crimes I don't see any way they cause injury at any high rate at all to home owners

1/2 of all homes have guns - if there were incidents in even a small portion of them, you'd have millions of hurt people every year right ?

I submit knives, trampolines, steps, swings etc cause more injuries in homes every year than guns do

I'm not scared at all.  I've never once said to myself that I would be more comfortable in any situation if I had a gun strapped to my side.  The crazy people that carry guns with them shopping make me more nervous than shopping among people with no guns.  Thankfully I've never seen a non-police officer carry a gun into a store in my entire life.

I've never seen nor read POW's calling their confinement easy
I am not expert and only have a bit of knowledge of this, but officers definitely get different treatment. They are not allowed to be required to work for example. I think in many cases Germany upheld these standard for many officers. I am not saying it was like a stay at the MGM Grand but it was definitely safer than actually fighting the war. 

fair enough, you've been around a lot longer than me, maybe you have info i don't

I've been called troll so much it irks me is all to see it thrown around easily
You actually discuss things, and have on occasion conceded a factual point.   He ignores facts and continues to post the same inaccurate things, even after being corrected dozens of times.

Based on that information, I would suggest we be on the look out for kids just like him. Maybe it's not so hard to identify potential shooters?
that's a bingo !

more info will come out on this guy .... but yes, there is a need for profiling these people

people easily forget that school shootings have been PREVENTED in the past few weeks, some by early detection, some by force

these are the successes we need to build one

I've never seen nor read POW's calling their confinement easy
My grandfather was a POW and said the Germans treated them very well.  Maybe 'easy' isn't the right word, but I think I would prefer humane treatment in a POW camp than flying in a tin can at 20,000 feet getting shot at.

I agree but what do you do about it? If I find a kid that has all these nasty posts online, what do we do about it?

I've never once said to myself that I would be more comfortable in any situation if I had a gun strapped to my side.
you've never been in a situation then - and glad you haven't been

I have been in a couple I felt very threatened - wish I'd have had a gun and in those I got away thank God.

understand that women raped didn't get away, murdered people didn't get away, a lot of people assaulted didn't get away

what about them and their need for defense ?

that's a bingo !

more info will come out on this guy .... but yes, there is a need for profiling these people

people easily forget that school shootings have been PREVENTED in the past few weeks, some by early detection, some by force

these are the successes we need to build one
How would you do that? 

My grandfather was a POW and said the Germans treated them very well.  Maybe 'easy' isn't the right word, but I think I would prefer humane treatment in a POW camp than flying in a tin can at 20,000 feet getting shot at.
never heard this - maybe I'm weak in my WWI/WWII POW history

Just a quick question, was this latest shooting done with guns or with a cell phone like stealthy has previously suggested? 

How would you do that? 
start with datamining

target 100% in follow ups to FBI hotline tips - we know now that failed for Parkland

schools - I do not believe in counseling over correction- another glaring failure for Parkland and Cruz

people posting violent threats on instagram and twitter and facebook .... that needs investigating

I have a question - right now, a person tells you that a kid named Kill'em HardorDie is going to shoot up your local school tomorrow. Who do you call ?

what is the number to phone to report violent threats? 911? local police?

how about a national number, a way to report violent threats that everyone knows as well as 911??

Users who are viewing this thread