What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

USA Shootings (2 Viewers)

look -fish I don't know what you want to name call and be confrontational other than I showed what you were doing ... you can go back to page 210 and look at the stats and links

or

continue to look like a troll and a bully, name calling because your view has no foundation to support it
You just lied about Chicago's gun laws.   When you lie, you should be called out.  If your position has merit, you don't need to lie about the facts.   Stop lying.

If by winning you mean "spamming" then you are correct
spamming

posting useless crap on forums over and over

If you think the numbers on violence against women is span, if you think the hard facts on who is committing crimes and what needs done to protect our kids at school .... if you think all that is spamming, don't click this thread and don't read it

did you not say you feel so safe that you don't have anything in place to protect you or your family or your property ?

if this country is so safe, why would anyone need any defense against crime at all ?
That is such an extreme leap.  All I said was that I should be thankful that I live where I personally don't feel the need for that.  

you'd think not shooting someone is common sense, but some people do not follow the rules of common sense

we don't focus on banning all alcohol, or all cars, and we shouldn't focus on banning all guns
Why are you saying this to a person who has never suggested banning all guns?  If you haven't figured it out yet,  your elementary talking points don't apply to my positions. I don't know why you keep quoting me and spouting them. :shrug:

You just lied about Chicago's gun laws.   When you lie, you should be called out.  If your position has merit, you don't need to lie about the facts.   Stop lying.
Chicago doesn't have tough gun laws ?

City residents can own firearms but with several conditions: You must be 21 years old and possess a firearm owner's identification (FOID) card and concealed carry license, both issued by Illinois State Police.

Prior to getting a concealed carry license, residents must complete a 16-hour training course, which includes a gun range test that residents must pass, as well as coursework on gun safety. They are also subject to a background check and must pay a $150 application fee. Applicants may be denied a concealed carry license, or have law enforcement agencies object to their applications, if they have particular criminal convictions.

Those who keep guns in the home must hold only a valid FOID card. Gun owners who carry a firearm outside the home must have an FOID and a concealed carry permit.

also

That's tough, on top of IL gun laws.  can't have AR15's either right ? how many run stores and gun ranges in Chicago ? The Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence, which tracks gun laws nationwide, has given the state a B+ for its gun laws. Right ?

maybe your idea of tough is 100% ban - but I certainly didn't lie.

You have no room in your world to admit it though, that's ok.

That is such an extreme leap.  All I said was that I should be thankful that I live where I personally don't feel the need for that.  
so you do lock doors ?

security system ?

why ?  if there isn't a risk of crime, why would you take measure of self defense / protection ?

According to this, they had really strict gun laws.

http://www.encyclopedia.chicagohistory.org/pages/557.html

What happened if they aren't as strict now?
court rulings

crimes went down, spiked up ..... all that crimes is centered in certain inner cities - drugs/crime/gangs ..... the Chicago problem centers around those things

stop the drugs, stop the gangs .... the gun violence stops

ignore that, focus on law abiding people, and guess what? the drugs and gangs will still be going strong

so you do lock doors ?

security system ?

why ?  if there isn't a risk of crime, why would you take measure of self defense / protection ?
Do you not read my posts? (Probably not all, or just don't want to address some of my questions in certain posts)

I posted above that I don't do those things. 

as I posted before, Chicago and IL still has tough gun laws

admit it - you called me a liar and don't even know the facts
No, you continue to repeat NRA lies.  I posted the facts.    Chicago's gun laws have gotten weaker, not stronger, since 2008.    Although Illinois as a whole has relatively strong laws--among the top 10 in the country, its neighboring states have some of the weakest.    The studies showing the number of guns used in crimes that flow from neighboring states have been posted here, but you ignore them. 

The argument that Chicago has some of the toughest gun laws in the country is false.  The argument that the gun laws themselves are the problem in Chicago is false.   The argument that the laws that remain don't prevent higher rates of gun injuries and deaths is false. 

The fact that you need to lie so much shows how weak your positions are.

I posted above that I don't do those things. 
do you think that everyone lives in such a safe place as you ?

I've posted links and data on just how often crimes happen in the US ..... I'm curious why you think you might never be a victim or any of your family ?

seriously

No, you continue to repeat NRA lies.  I posted the facts.    Chicago's gun laws have gotten weaker, not stronger, since 2008.    Although Illinois as a whole has relatively strong laws--among the top 10 in the country, its neighboring states have some of the weakest.    The studies showing the number of guns used in crimes that flow from neighboring states have been posted here, but you ignore them. 

The argument that Chicago has some of the toughest gun laws in the country is false.  The argument that the gun laws themselves are the problem in Chicago is false.   The argument that the laws that remain don't prevent higher rates of gun injuries and deaths is false. 

The fact that you need to lie so much shows how weak your positions are.

I think you just like to name call at this point and continue saying the same false information over and over.

I noticed you ignored the good guy with a gun article above .....  any reason why ?

do you think that everyone lives in such a safe place as you ?

I've posted links and data on just how often crimes happen in the US ..... I'm curious why you think you might never be a victim or any of your family ?

seriously
No, why would I think that?  I just said I should be thankful I live where I do.  

I can't give you a specific reason why.  I know what the %s are but if you grow up in an area where you don't know anybody who's had their car, house, whatever broken into it's not something that comes to mind often.  

All these questions about my knowing the %s and safety, I am curious why SC thinks he or a family member might not be the victim of a firearm accident in the house or while hunting. 

KarmaPolice said:
All these questions about my knowing the %s and safety, I am curious why SC thinks he or a family member might not be the victim of a firearm accident in the house or while hunting. 
Probably the same way he feels about him or his family being killed by a drunk driver, a plane crash, or a terrorist. Ultimately, you enjoy your life and not worry about when it's your time.

KarmaPolice said:
I can't give you a specific reason why.  I know what the %s are but if you grow up in an area where you don't know anybody who's had their car, house, whatever broken into it's not something that comes to mind often.  
crime is literally everywhere - some places are far worse than others absolutely

because your bubble area is immune to crime doesn't mean other places are - look at Chicago.

what do you think about the concealed weapon guy in Florida (linked above) ..... he stopped a bad shooting, he is the example of what happens when good lad abiding people have the ability to defend against wacko's

the super restrictive gun laws Chicago had were overturned by courts in 2010 right ? gun crimes/violence didn't go up when they were reversed ... they HAVE went up in 2016/17 numbers ..... the reasons pro-gun people will point to as gangs and drugs, anti-gun people will say its the guns even though the first few years after the repeal doesn't show that at all

Chicago was ultra violent when guns were not allowed - because criminals didn't obey laws

Homicides in Chicago

YEAR  First six months / full year
1957 – 131  296
1958 – 149  305
1959 – 138  331
1960 – 181  372
1961 – 189  362
1962 – 186  385
1963 – 159  361
1964 – 186  391
1965 – 180  395
1966 – 195  510
1967 – 275  552
1968 – 288  647
1969 – 316  716
1970 – 417  811
1971 – 410  824
1972 – 326  711
1973 – 434  864
1974 – 431  970
1975 – 408  818
1976 – 423  814
1977 – 380  823
1978 – 360  787
1979 – 421  857
1980 – 378  863
1981 – 409  877
1982 – 335  670
1983 – 320  729
1984 – 363  748
1985 – 291  667
1986 – 344  747
1987 – 327  692
1988 – 303  664
1989 – 356  749
1990 – 407  854
1991 – 422  928
1992 – 451  943
1993 – 373  855
1994 – 477 931
1995 – 393  828
1996 – 379  796
1997 – 333  761
1998 – 334  704
1999 – 319  643
2000 – 266  633
2001 – 276  667
2002 – 279  656
2003 – 288  601
2004 – 218  453
2005 – 210  451
2006 – 201  471
2007 – 206  448
2008 – 228  513
2009 – 202  459
2010 – 216  437
2011 – 188  435
2012 – 260  506
2013 – 184   ___
(Source, Chicago Police Dept.)

From Chicago Police Dept. -

Jan 1 – July 14, 2013:

Criminal Sexual Assault – down 5% from 2012, down 5% from 2011

Robbery – down 10% from 2012, down 13% from 2011

Aggravated Battery – down 16% from 2012, down 21% from 2011

Burglary – down 21% from 2012, down 31% from 2011

Felony Theft – down 9% from 2012, down 9% from 2011

Motor Vehicle Theft – down 18% from 2012, down 34% from 2011

Overall crime – down 15% from 2012, down 23% from 2011

Probably the same way he feels about him or his family being killed by a drunk driver, a plane crash, or a terrorist. Ultimately, you enjoy your life and not worry about when it's your time.
That's not logical when he says he needs a gun to feel safe, but that car accidents are a far greater risk.

Homicides in Chicago

YEAR  First six months / full year

1989 – 356  749
1990 – 407  854
1991 – 422  928
1992 – 451  943
1993 – 373  855
1994 – 477 931
1995 – 393  828
1996 – 379  796
1997 – 333  761
1998 – 334  704
1999 – 319  643
2000 – 266  633
2001 – 276  667
2002 – 279  656
2003 – 288  601
2004 – 218  453
2005 – 210  451
2006 – 201  471
2007 – 206  448
2008 – 228  513
2009 – 202  459
2010 – 216  437
2011 – 188  435
2012 – 260  506
2013 – 184   ___
What happened in the mid-nineties that suddenly caused gun violence to consistently drop?

KarmaPolice said:
I have guns in my home, have always had guns in my home. My kids have never touched them without permission, there has never been any incidents because I taught them both to shoot and handle guns safely. 

Could an accident happen? any of us could handle a gun incorrectly and discharge it in an unsafe way, not any different than any other accidents that can happen

I'm 49 years old, I've never been almost shot.

I've been in 4 car wrecks, one bad one. I avoided being killed one night on a car, so that's 5 instances.

I almost drowned once, seconds from it in a river.

I was in a bad way once in the Wemincuhe wilderness area (hehydration/hypoglycemia)

those things almost killed me .... a gun has been far less dangerous in my life.

I've avoided bad situations, I'm 5'8" and 165# ... I'm not a big guy that fights. Violent crime happens every day, assaults, rapes, murders ... with a lot of weapons. I will not be a victim, I will not sit on my thumbs waiting for someone else to act. That's my responsibility.

I know some people are too weak - acknowledge that, own it and allow someone else to be that, people can understand that.

Guys I share way more than most, because this is a subject that means something to me. Guns are not toys, no more so than any number of things we can list. Guns are very good self defense weapons, proven over and over. A handgun will give a woman or man a chance if a bad thing ever happens to them, and bad things happen, every few seconds of the day.

Nobody thought that Peace demonstration in Florida would go bad - it did .... thank God a guy was there to stop that wacko, right ?

That's not logical when he says he needs a gun to feel safe, but that car accidents are a far greater risk.
cars are horribly unsafe if you base it on the same things you base guns being unsafe on - are they not ?

far more people are killed and injured in cars ..... right ?

That seems antithetical to the arguments being made by the anti-regulation crowd.
who ever said anti-regulation ?

can you show me ?

no ... you can't

I've said a thousand times we have common sense gun laws, right now ... as well as common sense auto laws and drinking laws ......... we need very strict  prosecution and me? I'd triple the punishment for DUI's and gun crimes right now if I could

But the laws we have right now are good, we don't need to take cars away from people because of the small % that wreck, we don't need to take alcohol from people because of th small % that DUI and we don't need to take guns from people for the small % that commit gun crimes

who ever said anti-regulation ?

can you show me ?

no ... you can't

I've said a thousand times we have common sense gun laws, right now ... as well as common sense auto laws and drinking laws ......... we need very strict  prosecution and me? I'd triple the punishment for DUI's and gun crimes right now if I could

But the laws we have right now are good, we don't need to take cars away from people because of the small % that wreck, we don't need to take alcohol from people because of th small % that DUI and we don't need to take guns from people for the small % that commit gun crimes
I can show you where you've been anti- many different regulations.  You're not honestly denying that you're against many of the proposed regulations, right?

I can show you where you've been anti- many different regulations.  You're not honestly denying that you're against many of the proposed regulations, right?
anti-more regulations I don't agree with sure

NEVER anti-regulation and in fact, I've said multiple times better background checks, even raising age limits on things like guns and voting because 18 year olds these days simply are not maybe capable .... I'm semi-intrigued with smart guns

but I've never said nor indicated we don't need common sense gun laws, and we got 'em right now

anti-more regulations I don't agree with sure

NEVER anti-regulation and in fact, I've said multiple times better background checks, even raising age limits on things like guns and voting because 18 year olds these days simply are not maybe capable .... I'm semi-intrigued with smart guns

but I've never said nor indicated we don't need common sense gun laws, and we got 'em right now
I'll stick with "anti-regulation" thanks.

Feelings aren't always logical. 

He's trying to protect something he enjoys with his son. About 10 years ago I was black powder hunting during a special season on a local wildlife preserve. I was hunting with one of my sons. There was another father and son hunting about 500 yards from us. The son's gun accidentally went off and killed the father. That could have been me. It didn't make me want to stop hunting with my sons. I used it as a learning experience and discussed hunters safety with them. 

There may have been posters here that would have given up their guns and hunting all together. I see it as a fluke accident. I've enjoyed a lot of time hunting with my kids in the last 10 years. 

I'll stick with "anti-regulation" thanks.
and you'd be wrong

an·ti

ˈan(t)ē,ˈanˌtī/

preposition

preposition: anti

opposed to; against.

I am not against regulations, I'm all for military weapons not being sold to public, I'm all in for background checks (better than we have now even), I'm in favor f fully auto bans that we have

those are good solid common sense gun laws, I'm for them

He's trying to protect something he enjoys with his son. About 10 years ago I was black powder hunting during a special season on a local wildlife preserve. I was hunting with one of my sons. There was another father and son hunting about 500 yards from us. The son's gun accidentally went off and killed the father. That could have been me.
explain accidentally ?

a friend of mine was killed on day with a muzzleloader - which was so rare because it was one of the Knight guns. It had double safeties.

story was, snow was on, he had taken the safety off (both) to shoot a deer and didn't shoot. He was negligent, and didn't put the safeties back on. Then, he used the gun as a walking stick, and he slipped and rammed the butt down hard onto a rock ... and that cause the firing

accident? well he certainly didn't mean to, but there were multiple mistakes he made - damn sad day, left his wife and 3 kids . Does it make me want to turn in all my guns? no

but I lost a good class mate in high school who got drunk and killed himself in a car wreck - doesn't make me want to stop driving and I almost drowned, I still swim and boat

explain accidentally ?

a friend of mine was killed on day with a muzzleloader - which was so rare because it was one of the Knight guns. It had double safeties.

story was, snow was on, he had taken the safety off (both) to shoot a deer and didn't shoot. He was negligent, and didn't put the safeties back on. Then, he used the gun as a walking stick, and he slipped and rammed the butt down hard onto a rock ... and that cause the firing

accident? well he certainly didn't mean to, but there were multiple mistakes he made - damn sad day, left his wife and 3 kids . Does it make me want to turn in all my guns? no

but I lost a good class mate in high school who got drunk and killed himself in a car wreck - doesn't make me want to stop driving and I almost drowned, I still swim and boat
I wasn't at the scene of the shooting. The only info I found was that the father was walking in front of the son when the gun went off. I don't know what type of muzzleloader was being used. Could have been an older model without multiple safeties.

how come ya'll aren't commenting on the Florida concealed carry guy stopping the shooting ?
What's there to comment on?

Why haven't you responded to a few of my posts commenting on your links or to my questions about the party you support not addressing the problems you state are the reasons behind the violence? 

explain accidentally ?

I thought that data on people killing themselves and/or family members accidentally with guns is being "tweaked"?

Users who are viewing this thread