What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vacation Planning Sites (1 Viewer)

cubd8

Footballguy
What websites or apps do you use for planning vacations and getting the best deals on air travels / hotels?

Planning a sort of last second trip to Vegas so if anyone has any recommendations/promo codes, etc to make the travel more affordable, please share you best tips / tricks!

What websites or apps do you use for planning vacations and getting the best deals on air travels / hotels?

Planning a sort of last second trip to Vegas so if anyone has any recommendations/promo codes, etc to make the travel more affordable, please share you best tips / tricks!
If it's last minute, check any discount airline in your area. Some aren't on the travel sites. Frontier, Spirit, Allegiant

If it's last minute, check any discount airline in your area. Some aren't on the travel sites. Frontier, Spirit, Allegiant
I don't know about Allegiant, but I wouldn't fly on Frontier or Spirit even if the flight was free. So many horror stories that it just isn't worth it.

It depends on the trip. For a single city staying in the same hotel I'd use expedia or google travel. For a multicity trip, Tripmasters is the way to go.

For actual planning of activities and dining I look to reddit or places like Tripadvisor forums, or see if there's a thread here. I want to see what actual people are saying about food/activities, not anything that might be sponsored.

For booking, I use to Google travel.

Also, they say it's an urban myth that these sites track your cookies and airfares go up when repeatedly searching, but I swear I've been bitten by this happening multiple times.

If you are a costco member, costco travel is pretty great and part of your membership. If you are an old guy like most of us, AARP has some really good travel planning resources and discounts. Membership is like $16/year.

For flights, I use Google Travel or Kayak. Once you find the best airline for your destination/timing, double check the airline directly.
For hotels, I will Google Maps to get a range of hotels and filter, but there are so many garbage dealers listing prices there, that you need to look elsewhere to get legitimate prices. I go to hotel website directly or hotels.com. I've yet to find a site where you can filter on # of beds in a hotel room (eg. 2 queen beds).

I also use a travel agent for my international trips. They can shop wholesalers and have rates that aren't available to the public. Going to the Maldives in December and my travel agent's price is 2/3 of what I was able to come up with on my own.

Users who are viewing this thread